rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Spa Francorchamps - Sun October 3th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I don't think 2nite's my night. I think the download is corrupted. I'll try to join, but I don't think it has installed properly. It will be the 2nd corrupt download today as I'm using Internet Explorer not my usual Firefox (not reinstalled that yet).

No. My install is now buggered:(.

Thank you all for your help and for waiting for me. Really wish I hadn't installed GTL yesterday as it's ruined most of my 2 days off sorting this poxy computer out.

Good luck and have fun for race 2.

did only race 1 because i must go.....but what a nice race i enjoy it a lot!!! ;)

was really surprised that i was more fast than the FPWS race....fuel was pretty the same but i was a bit more fast..... took pole with a 1.46.887!!! :D

the start wasn't my best lost 2 position and 3 after the eau rouge because i prefer lift a bit the throttle why i was too close to the cars in front and so also Chris pass me....was in 4th position until Lee crashed into the wall after a spun.....after that i had a little fight with chris, but he was a bit more fast than me and so after that he was able to close the gap on Adam....Adam was lapping a bit more slow than us and so in the last 3 laps Chris was able to overtook him....i was always at 1 second from them so it was a plesure watching the fight betwen them!!! :D it was so enjoing that i didn't saw that i did also the best lap for trying to stay with them for continue to watching the show!!! :D

nice and pleasure night!!! thank you for the fun and for the show, congratz Adam and Chris for 1st and 2nd place and for the show and gratz also to everyone that was there tonight on the server!!! In this period is hard finding guys on servers, so really thank you all for your time!!!

cu on the track soon!!! :D

Singapore now Ivo please? :p Struggled at Spa last week knew it was gonna be similar story again. My setups just wrong for the high speed trakcs I was quickest in S2 and slowest in 1 and 3.

Race 1 - Good start. Hit wall. Caught Martin had battle. Hit wall. Finished 5th.
Race 2 - Good start. Hit Chris / Adam T1 as they broke early. Hit wall. Stalled.

Thanks Ivo for the organizational-maboby work.

Good crack tonight I enjoyed the racing, I second Singapore as well, also Ivo what has happened with the ranking system it just loads the forum when I click on it, is it being updated ?

Pff typed a whole reply and then the forum went down....

Rankings are down for the moment. To get the forum stable first. But the results are still saved and will be parsed when its up again. :)
About Singapore i find it abit unfair to the other League drivers. After we race it in the League i am happy to set it up. :)

Maybe more important question: Again F1 next week or GP2? The one you PM'ed me. :)

I just had a thought, last year GP2 raced at Portimao (sp) there is a version on RFC but I havent tried it yet, I have raced a version for race on and thought it's a great track, could be good fun and it's a different track for a change.

Only just getting round to writing my report on an enjoyable evening.

Made a massive setup change in official practice that took over a second off my PB.

Q1: Good lap but could only manage 2nd behind Mattia.

R1: Made a very poor start and nearly threw it into the inside wall. Dropped to 4th before La Source but with Lee outbraking himself and slowing Mattia up, I was able to take the inside line and take the lead. Held off Lee for a couple of laps till he crashed. Then I just went about saving fuel as I knew I was going to be very close to empty at the end. Chris caught up to me around the half way mark and I was able to defend from him for a while before he got past. I was able to keep on his tail but he was much faster on the straights so I had to keep close so I could to get a tow for as long as I could. Mattia was just behind so any mistake would cost me another position so I need to be careful. On the last lap, I got a great run out of Stavelot and was able to stay tucked up under Chris' rear wing through Blanchimont but he just started to pull away as my car hit the limiter. He moved towards the left to take the normal line for the bus stop so I went right. I knew from previous laps that I was much better on the brakes at that corner so I braked as late as I dared. I managed to squeeze through the small gap and slow it down enough to take the inside line through the corner and stop Chris diving back up the inside. If I was any closer out of Stavelot I knew I would of had to lift and would not pass him, the same would be true if I was further back. Managed to get through the second part of the Bus Stop and win the race at my favourite track :)

Q2: Put it on Pole but messed up both laps.

R2: Was second behind Chris out of La Source after being hit by Lee. And then a long battle ensued again between the two of us. He led for a while, then I led for a bit and the lead kept changing. I was able to get past in the braking zones of La Source and the Bus Stop but he had much better top speed and was able to get past on the run up to Les Combes. I made an attempt to get back past at Les Combes which resulted in contact (Sorry). I slowed to allow Chris back past before having another attempt. At the end of the penultimate lap, I got past at the Bus Stop and held the lead through Eau Rouge until Chris came storming past. I tried (foolishly) to keep the position at Les Combes but my braking advantage just wasn't enough and we made contact again (Sorry), resulting in me spinning. In hindsight I perhaps should of set myself up for another go at the Bus Stop but I saw a gap at Les Combes and went for it. If I didn't go for it and I didn't get past later in the lap I would be wondering "What if I made an attempt at Les Combes". Crossed the line in second.

Great fun, thanks to Ivo, RD, and all those that raced :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back