rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Hungaroring 2009 - Sun Aug 1st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was overheating right after start, because of high RPM because of start, but I had icon of overheating there, I was for a while gearing slowly and lowly and it disappeared

EDIT: and it showed suspension problems in the results :confused: I dont know... and what the radiator exactly do? What it gives/takes when it is low/high?

Guys thx for the great racing :) and for the respect shown on track for other drivers , I like that :cool:

!st race:
Qualify : got p3 as I only did 2 quali laps and got always traffic but hey p3 it´s not bad :wink:
Race: Got a good start get out of Ivan´s slipstream and go the outside trying to get the line on the way out but Ivan defended well and kept the good line...so was in p3 still , got behind (martin I think) for a few laps but could overtake him after 2 or 3 laps exiting his slipstream and cornering first in t1...then Ivan the terror , I had lost 3 or 4 secs to him already but had nothing to loose so went for it and start catching up , then when I was on his rear ...pufff his engine just died :frown:
So from there got p1 , lowered boost to 8 and took car to the finish line...

2nd race:
Qualify: more of the same p3 (damn Ivan :damnit::cool:)
Race: Got a great start , slip stream was good got out of it , went outside again but this time I got the line (I think Ivan was defending the inside dunno...didn´t watch replay yet) so p1 got a little gap(4 secs more or less) and went for the second win never lifting off my foot or boost...well ok the last 2 laps I did :wink:

So 2 wins on my Race Department debut :party:
Guys just a quick note : sry for that stupidity on 2nd race warmup , as some of u might know I don´t use mirrors and drive inside cockpit , so I was doing some burn outs to get my rear tires overheated but I was looking behind and engage reverse by accident...so sry about that :)

Congrats to all , especially the podium ones and Ivan the terror :wink: Very fast dude :doublethumb::doublethumb::f1:
Cya all next time , cheer ...

Great fun tonight. Car felt good in practise but couldn't get the best out of it in qual 1. Started 5th. Had a good start but that didn't stop Ivo getting past into turn 1. Was on mediums and it took a few laps to get them warmed up. once they were I managed to catch Ivo and pass him, then managed to catch Martin Vrba sat behind him for a fair chunk of the race before I managed to get a good toe down the straight and pass him into turn 1. Managed to pull away slightly and hold on for the 3rd. This then became 2nd when Ivan retired.

Race two I got more out of the car in quali. 2nd on grid. Had a good start and was gaining on Ivan but Felipe behind was stupidly quick off the line I think he got both of us into t1. Ivan then had an issue on exit of t1 (I wasn't sure if it was me or you on tc. Replay is unclear if it was me i'm very sorry for that). Was now 2nd and had a scruffy first few laps while tyres were cold. Adam was closing in on me before the tyres properly warmed up and I managed to begin to pull away. Had no answer to the pace of Felipe so came 2nd.

Was fantastic evening happy with the results. Wd to Felipe for both races. Thanks so much to Ivo for hosting this and to all who raced.

I was overheating right after start, because of high RPM because of start, but I had icon of overheating there, I was for a while gearing slowly and lowly and it disappeared

EDIT: and it showed suspension problems in the results :confused: I dont know... and what the radiator exactly do? What it gives/takes when it is low/high?

It cools the engine. But it happened both times on the slow section. Probably was already on his limit. And when you drive slow you dont get enough air to cool it. Optimum oil temp is 106 degrees. If you go over it. It starts to kille the engine. :)
About the suspension damage you had it before the engine died i think. So probably the game takes that one. :)

Mixed night for me.

Quali 1: Did 3 laps but messed up all of them and ended up in 10th. Highly disappointed with this.

Race 1: Made a good start and got up to about 7th in turn 1. Was on the back of the Lee, Ivo, Martin train until for some reason Martin slowed right up in the middle of the penultimate turn (unsure if someone in front of you slowed you up) and I tapped his rear and spun. Got stuck on the curb and after recovering it and almost blowing the engine, I was 12th and lost 2 seconds. Was on a mission from then and was easily pulling away from the guys behind and catching those in front. Got behind Giorgos and missed my braking point into the penultimate turn. We hit (sorry) and I got some suspension damage and was unable to catch him back up so ended in 9th.

Quali 2: Messed up 2 laps and on my final attempt I was up in sector 1 only for someone to take an age to escape from an accident at turn 4. This screwed my lap up and only got 6th on the grid.

Race 2: Some brake testing by the front cars in the penultimate corner of the formation lap, caused me to hit Martin's car and damage my nose (sorry if it damaged your car). Made another good start but was passed by Mattia into turn 1. Passed Ivan in the run to turn 2 and then got Martin in the run up to turn 4. Lap 2 there was some sort of incident with Lee, Martin Vrba, and Mattia which caused Martin to spin, Mattia to stop and Lee to slow up so I was able to tag onto the back of Lee's car. I was quicker but had too much understeer to feel comfortable so I dropped back. The next lap I set a PB and gained back the time I lost. Dropped back again but a few mistakes meant that I dropped too far back and took a while before I got back into a rythem. Finished the race in a comfortable 3rd place.

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and all those I raced with.

I dont know but I was using this setup http://www.racedepartment.com/previ...ing-2009-sun-aug-1st-2010-a-6.html#post574486 that RACE one, but with low radiator shouldnt I know that my engine is overheating? I mean that red control should let me know
Well if u were using my race set radiator was on 3 for sure ...man just download and install XD plugin http://www.vitumo.de/ and you will never dnf because of that again...u can see engine life time on it and all of other types of great info...and btw u can use it in GTR 2 , Race 07 and Evo too:doublethumb:

Thanks for the battle Robert. Sorry I hit you. There was confusion in this lap, lots of damaged cars and car parts. Hope nothing was damaged for you.

Sorry it wasnt your fault , the game glitched and i had no controls (accelerator jammed on and no steering or brakes or anything) so i was stuck redlining in 5th gear with no way to escape because my keyboard and mouse went off aswell so all i could do was sit there and watch as i hit the wall and spun around for a bit until i could reach the power off switch on the front of my pc. so i owe you an apology.

oh and thanks for the advice i didnt get much practise for the race at all so i didnt know the racing line that well, i got quite angry with my pc after the race (not its first failure to work i hate to admit) and that little compliment at the end has made my day! :)

Well if u were using my race set radiator was on 3 for sure ...man just download and install XD plugin http://www.vitumo.de/ and you will never dnf because of that again...u can see engine life time on it and all of other types of great info...and btw u can use it in GTR 2 , Race 07 and Evo too:doublethumb:

I was just lazy to install it before.. but its time to get move, going for that :) Thanks for yours help guys... !

Ahh Ivan, man on 2nd race did we touch in t1 ?...because from my replay seems so but I didn´t felt a thing my on wheel and your car does´nt seems to suffer with it either , dunno maybe was just lag don´t have server replay,dunno, but if it was me so sry bro :cool:

A really enjoyable nights racing last night, Good fun with Ivo and Mattia in race 1 and in race 2 for about the first 10 or so laps I had Ivan right up my exhaust pipe for the entire time brilliant fun, thanks for setting these up ivo they are excellent.

Ahh Ivan, man on 2nd race did we touch in t1 ?...because from my replay seems so but I didn´t felt a thing my on wheel and your car does´nt seems to suffer with it either , dunno maybe was just lag don´t have server replay,dunno, but if it was me so sry bro :cool:

No touch at all Fillip..didnt feel anything:)...good move on the outside though..didnt expect it to work out for you but it did,thought i was in 7th before T1 but in fact it was 6th , so i went into 1st instead of 2nd,perhaps looking in my mirrors too much, which made me loose the rear :)..goot driving and congrats on your wins:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back