rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Hockenheim 2008 - Sun July 25th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I realise that, but there's slow, and there's too slow. If I can't even compete with... anyone, then how safe is it for me to be there? or what's the point? :p

Hell I'm still struggling to keep the bleeding car on the road for more than 3 laps...

EDIT= Improvement is happening. Just put in a pair of 1:17s. 1:17.2 is now my pb...

Then I crashed. Hard. :(

I realise that, but there's slow, and there's too slow. If I can't even compete with... anyone, then how safe is it for me to be there? or what's the point? :p

Hell I'm still struggling to keep the bleeding car on the road for more than 3 laps...

EDIT= Improvement is happening. Just put in a pair of 1:17s. 1:17.2 is now my pb...

Then I crashed. Hard. :(

Hi

dont worry, theres usually about a 5-6 second spread anyway, I know, mostly I am at the back!!

btw, try short shifting out of the slow corners if you cant fix it via set up.

Jim

I think its in the setup's thread, unless you made big revisions Reik?

No major changes, but i'll upload it as soon as possible, when i'm home and tested it on the new track version, linked by Ivo.

With 60L and softs my best was a 1:14.6 so far. Came out to be about 2.57L per lap. If my calculations are right (most of the time not lol), does 73L sound right for 3 laps in quali and 20 min race? :)

Hm... my motec says in average per lap i need 2,62 L. So if i calculate safe with laps of 1:15:000 it takes 1,25 minutes per lap. A 20 mins race should exactly have 16 laps then. Adding 3 laps for qualy and multiplicating with 2,62 L i get ~50 L for qualy and race. But it doesn't sound much fuel. Am i wrong on something?

Trying to keep up with the fast guys is not really the way to go for your first few races. I think thats the reason times aren't meant to be posted on the forums.

Maybe you're right, but i think we have a fine mix of higher skilled and lower skilled drivers here. So everyone should be free to share and discuss anything here - also lap times. I think it's better than making a mystery around setups, because i heared rumors in other sub forums, that slower drivers could become demotivated if the better drivers don't like to share there knowledge and setups. And he, if one shares tips and a setup, i also want to know which time he reached with it. (if then only the setup makes him that fast can be doubted, but that's an other thing...)
And every one here is gentleman driver enough to know, that consistancy has more priority than improving single lap times... :cool:

Hm... my motec says in average per lap i need 2,62 L. So if i calculate safe with laps of 1:15:000 it takes 1,25 minutes per lap. A 20 mins race should exactly have 16 laps then. Adding 3 laps for qualy and multiplicating with 2,62 L i get ~50 L for qualy and race. But it doesn't sound much fuel. Am i wrong on something?

yep you forget that there is also the formation lap!!! so you miss one lap in your count!!!! and also put 1 or 2 more liters for be safe!!! ;)

Just put in some practice on the server. My laptimes seem to be lurking in the very early 1:16s. Pulled out a 1:15.3 from somewhere, new PB. Still can't seem to keep on-track for more than 4 laps... :s

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back