1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

From Scratch & Car Manufacturers

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Doug Dezan, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering how much longer will it be before Car Manufacturers put a stop to Scratch Mods. Gaming Companies stopped conversion mods from different games. (Not complaining, just making an example) We have a rise in scratch mods recently and I have a feeling Car Companies will have these mod makers pay a license fee to costly. Soon all mods will be under approval with the game industry. I am for sure of it. It's almost there now.

Will you pay for a car so you can race it? We do it already in a way. All these Simbin additions is exactly what they are doing.

I just hope it doesn't screw things up with rFactor2.

2. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,287
    Yup, i prefer a licensed car from a dev team over a mod!

3. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    jep... take for example the mmg f1 mod for evo... it's better than any f1 game you've ever played... i can't believe FOM haven't nailed it yet, considering the highly aggressive stance they have on simple youtube vids etc...

4. Lewis Fergusson

Lewis Fergusson

Ratings:
    +1
    On a slightly similar note, Ferrari nailed BatRacer (online management game) today for having their cars in a game without copyright permissions.

So i'm slightly surprised we haven't seen any mods getting a nice letter...

5. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ratings:
    +197
    Yeah noticed that today, Ferrari dont like people using their stuff without permission!

6. Mark Birney

Mark Birney

Ratings:
    +55
    Lies. If a modmaker makes a good, fun car, I'll use it. Not paying for something that's as good and free. Besides, we need to support the mod teams!

7. Sam Moss

Sam Moss

Ratings:
    +3
    This is true, look at how Simbin started. Also if mod teams weren't supported ISI wouldn't have got CTDP/MMG to do various projects like the BMW Sauber projects and the SuperLeagueFormula.

8. Mark Birney

Mark Birney

Ratings:
    +55
    Kind of off topic, but Epic released the UT3 engine SDK the other day, for free. This is huge for the indie games market. Hopefully simracing could follow this path.