1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Friendly Leaderboard Challenge? WTCC Brands Hatch Indy!

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Emilio, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Racers!
    Anyone wants to jump in this friendly competition while we wait for the awesome GP layout? ;)
    My best atm is 47:880
    Bring it on guys!! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'll jump in tomorrow or the next :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm on and immediately off, I can't measure myself with all you fast guys here.. . :cry::)
    Edit: 48:451

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  4. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I'm on my Windows 10 rig today and, unfortunately, it hasn't got the 5GB patch yet. I'll have a crack at this in a bit. I am the very definition of 'slow' so the rest of you should feel good once you see my time. :roflmao:

I'll put my Steam and RaceRoom links here so we can start adding eachother on the various friend lists:

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/riever/
    RaceRoom: http://game.raceroom.com/users/Rabin/

Edit: 49.038 and the car is way too twitchy under braking.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

47.754; need to play a little more but i think i can go a few tenths faster, maybe a 47.4 ill try tonight

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

its a bit ragged, i hadnt had my coffee when i did it and only did a couple of laps ...

Andi

7. Yeah man I hear you... I need to sit down as well and focus more. I mean... look how my a$$ goes off on T1! :redface: not to talk about the other errors..

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  8. I had a go. Managed a 47.583. I think I could eke out another tenth or so. 3rd corner gave me a lot of issues trying to carry the speed through there.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Awesome time man! Congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I'll be posting my current setup later... if anyone wants to share theirs it'd be great!

10. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Setup? I just sit in it, man. :cautious:

Probably why I'm slower than everyone else. If the engineer hasn't tuned it by the time I get strapped in, I just point it down the road and hope a lot. :laugh:

My only setup change was to wind the brake bias to about 53f, where I normally drive it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. If I remember well I just tampered with minimal things: probably rear wing, rear ARB and height. That's it. Well I'll post the screenshot later anyway so we can all exchange some hints/infos. It's also a good way to get a better knowledge of "what does this and what does that"... Definitely I'd love to better understand this, as to me it's the most interesting part under the strategy aspect of a race: turns/trajectories interpretation & track analysis to find out what can be a winning choice is thrilling!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm not good with setups either, but I'm trying to learn what to expect when I change a certain thing.

I have just recently started to poke a bit here and there. :whistling:
    Sometimes it improves my driving, sometimes it don't.. :rolleyes:

13. Would this be a good idea for a sticky (well it would involve a new thread), so people could post up their own particular favourite car/track combo for challenges? I`m particularly partial to the Judd V8 at Lakeview (reverse), probably because it`s the only challenge where I`m in the top 100 :geek:. I suppose I`ll have to get out of amateur mode as well...

14. Never raced brands Hatch before, managed a 49 on the first few laps, then got down to 48.8. I hope I can knock a sec off of it, but the reality now is a tenth here or there. Probably get to 48 even or so...hope I can do better! I guess clearly the last and first turn will best help your time. I can't get into turn one well with speed....if I do, I think I might be able to really do ok.

15. I rip tires apart, lots of negative camber for me :D

but to be honest I have no idea what I am doing :) I just like to tinker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Here's my current setup.
    Wing a bit higher, stiffen Rear ARB, reduced toe-in front (I think this actually influenced negatively on my timings), I've modified bump and rebound without knowing anything about them so I don't know if I did something right, increased negative camber front/rear, lower the ride height F/R, 2nd gear 1 click down, final drive 1 click down. Differential as seen below.
    I've put my hands in there without knowing if I was doing good or wrong. For sure I could feel better the car in the turns when I adjusted the rear ARB... other than that... mystery!
    Oh, improved my time: now it's 47:659

2014-11-27_00001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. 48.2 this am....better, really want a 47

18. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I don't remember how to add Steam friends, all of the friends I have now are from some years back.
    http://game.raceroom.com/users/bmwisme/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/FuzzyFassbender/

Also, any reason why this challenge combo was suggested instead of one of the R3E competitions? With the R3E competitions like the WTCC cars on Hungaroring you can filter by friends for an immediate comparison, no need to report your time.

19. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

You can do that with this too. Just use the in-game leaderboard.