AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Mugello - Wed 09/08/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Enough is enough guys..

im fed up of this titatat... all of you grow up or go else where.. i have better things to do. And will not allow your childish games to be played in our clubs...

Mod edit. I said enough.. please do not carry on..

edit: sorry. I will not be bullied anymore by this lot.

Last edited:
"But as usual some people could not control their throttle/brake combination[...]"

Maybe it's debatable if that actually is abusing:

• All users should refrain from dragging out heated discussions in the public forums. If you have an unresolved conflict with another user or staff member please use the private messaging system or email to resolve it. Remember at all times that normal forum rules apply in private messages and a user is able to report aggressive private messages directly to the admin team, which will include the content of the message."
But you guys don't start a war in here! File reports and keep it quiet.
The other drivers want to talk about the fun of racing and how to get a better driver. I won't let you take it away from them.

Thank you Rupe! :)

I for one am glad Andy and others are taking the same stance on track limits as the staff do.. my job would be so much easier if we all raced to the same RD rules.
I did not make the rules they where here before me and most of you, so get used to it and deal with it, or go to another site and race...

For the most part, AC track limits are like IRL. The kerb is considered part of the track.

People often say this and it might probably be true for some series, but for example F1 or Blancpain sporting code specifically states kerbs are *not* considered part of the track.

(I apologize if this post is considered part of the above discussion, but I felt like it should be mentioned.)

but for example F1 or Blancpain sporting code specifically states kerbs are *not* considered part of the track
Mmm, fair enough. However what the rules say and what they actually do on track may be different - in F1 races it seems like they are allowed by Charlie to exceed the limits on some corners and not others. (I think Charlie decides with the stewards which cuts are the key time-savers and then tells the drivers at the briefing that those cuts won't be tolerated.)

Clearly the most important thing is that we're all playing by the same rules, whatever they happen to be. {Like Martin, I hope this post isn't considered part of the above unhappy discussion.}

Btw Martin, I love your sig! :D It reminds me of the time that the McLaren was having problems some years ago and Jenson was putting a brave face on it, saying something about how it was a great car but they were just having some issues carrying speed through the corners. How I LOLed. Translation: it was fine in a straight line but sucked at corners, so pretty much the opposite of a great F1 car. :roflmao: He was still hands-down my favourite F1 driver of all time though!

@Neilski You probably know that, but it is a quote from Juha Kankkunen after he crashed on the stage. Well, supposedly, I couldn't find the original interview.

Oh, and I agree that in real racing, the rules are sometimes applied quite generously.

Are most of you guys using paddles? I felt like I was honour bound to use the h shifter and I've always been a paddle guy, might do a few hot laps again and see if I improve.
I think most of us are using paddles, yes! It's easier to battle with both hands on the wheel and until you are a heel-toe master, you won't be faster with it!
Edit: he doesn't use auto blip.

afaik @BhZ uses paddles AND auto-blip. And he shows us how to drive pretty much without doubt :roflmao::whistling:
So in my opinion:
before you start to try blipping the throttle manually or using the H-Shifter, first be in the top 3 or top 5 every race. Then you can think about making your life harder (and faster/more fun)! :)

@Martin Fiala and @Neilski
all fine with you discussing over the track limits etc! I don't consider that related to the crap before your posts in any way :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Throttle blipping is when you press the accelerator during a downshift with the clutch in to match the revs the gear you're going into will be at your current speed, allowing for smooth, controlled downshifts, auto blip does that for you

Exactly!
And without it the engine slows down the rear wheels while letting go of the clutch.
The engine revs are low but when you let go of the clutch, the momentum of the wheels (and gearbox) will rev up the engine to be synchronous.
While it doesn't matter in normal traffic, it does matter a lot while racing on the limit.

It's called "drag torque " and can cause spinning. Put it off, try turn 1 at Nurburgring and shift down at the apex. It's when I recognized how important it is:)

Last edited:
Yeah I took 2.2 seconds off my qualifying time, ended up with a 2:11.1 which while not great is a hell of a lot better than the times I was doing, still probably have a couple of tenths to find somewhere, my theoretical best is 2:10.6 also this thing is way more stable with autoblip or whatever, finding it very difficult to spin it round.

Yeah I took 2.2 seconds off my qualifying time, ended up with a 2:11.1 which while not great is a hell of a lot better than the times I was doing, still probably have a couple of tenths to find somewhere, my theoretical best is 2:10.6 also this thing is way more stable with autoblip or whatever, finding it very difficult to spin it round.
Told you :p:cool:
Just kidding, always nice to see that something actually helps! :):inlove:

I think most of us are using paddles, yes! It's easier to battle with both hands on the wheel and until you are a heel-toe master, you won't be faster with it!
So in my opinion:
before you start to try blipping the throttle manually or using the H-Shifter, first be in the top 3 or top 5 every race. Then you can think about making your life harder (and faster/more fun)! :)

Well,i just want to disagree there,i NEVER used paddles with an H-shifter car,i believe with your thinking,you just indefinitely postpone it.
It is more than immersion,it gives you a little bit more control over the car,even if you do not master heel-toe.

@Martin Fiala and @Neilski
all fine with you discussing over the track limits etc! I don't consider that related to the crap before your posts in any way :thumbsup:

I would like to give my 2 cents about track limits,on qualify i think we should be strict with them,thought during race,and especially when fighting limits can be exceeded.
During the race i was actually wasting a percentage of my concentration to avoid passing the white lines,thought i am not used to this constant pressure of fighting and i think i crossed the white lines a lot of times(i am not even sure,maybe i didn't),which imho is acceptable during intense fighting.
In a club league we had penalties only for cutting certain turns per track,and it worked great.

Well,i just want to disagree there,i NEVER used paddles with an H-shifter car,i believe with your thinking,you just indefinitely postpone it.
It is more than immersion,it gives you a little bit more control over the car,even if you do not master heel-toe.
Yeah my post was a bit exaggerated, sorry!
What I wanted to say: as long as you can shave about 2 seconds just by more consistency, general car control and track width+line, it won't make you magically faster. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back