AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Monza (live Stream) - Fri 21/07/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Can i be taken out of reserves? No longer able to participate tonight. Signing up for next Wednesdays friendly event instead

Please sign me out - won't make it tonight.
Enjoy the race - regards.

Have to assign out. I won't make it in time. Have fun guys! :thumbsup:

This week is being crazy for me. Have to sign out of this too. Have a good race! ;)
Signing you out. Wish you a good Friday Night! See you next week! :)

Track limits
About this rule - good luck with checking every race for cutting folks. If You want people to obey that rule - use PLP app. I'm racing in other, less friendly leagues and it is obligatory. AC don't have proper racing line limits tracker, so it will be abused every time - even and mostly unintended because the cause of it is lack of experience in car handling. I can tell You that this rule is ignored in every race.

BTW Please sign me out from todays event. 3 days racing in a row is to much for me. Need to get a brake.

About this rule - good luck with checking every race for cutting folks. If You want people to obey that rule - use PLP app. I'm racing in other, less friendly leagues and it is obligatory. AC don't have proper racing line limits tracker, so it will be abused every time - even and mostly unintended because the cause of it is lack of experience in car handling. I can tell You that this rule is ignored in every race.

BTW Please sign me out from todays event. 3 days racing in a row is to much for me. Need to get a brake.
Me and Rasmus seem to waste hours watching the fast guys after a race :p it's nothing to do with inexperienced handling, it's intentional because it's usually the fast guys, the rest of the grid manage to not cut :)

We probably will investigate some sort of tracking to help keep it fair :thumbsup:

Drivers should first police themselves, We do realize mistakes can happen and this can be easily rectified by a lifting of the gas until you are back on track..
Drivers can reports drivers who don't..
the drivers are responsible for enforcing the driving rules of RD
but what we see is he is doing it so i will do it..

signing you out now :)

About this rule - good luck with checking every race for cutting folks. If You want people to obey that rule - use PLP app.
We won't fully investigate every race and we won't see every cut that happens. But from time to time we give a little push against it.
And to make that clear: everyone can report someone for cutting the track. If you feel disadvantaged->file a report about it. Easy :)
To the PLP app: We are always discussing ideas about how to make the racing experience better. It's not like we aren't trying :)

Me and Rasmus seem to waste hours watching the fast guys after a race :p it's nothing to do with inexperienced handling, it's intentional because it's usually the fast guys, the rest of the grid manage to not cut :)

We probably will investigate some sort of tracking to help keep it fair :thumbsup:

I was thinking about Rupe's post earlier, and I would like to suggest something - review the rule.

Now, please, hear me out.

RD is either full of cheaters, or the rule is too strict and out of place. I'm inclined to say it's the latter.

Every race I have been in ends up with Rupe sounding like a broken record going on about track limits :p, which I can tell he is sick of. I know I would be. But it feels to me that the rule is the issue, where you are now not even forgiven if an error puts you off line. Now on top of that, if you're quick you're now suspected of cutting which apparenty needs to be disproven. How fair is it that being fast instantly implies you're cutting? That's not right at all, it means you're guilty until proven innocent.

Asking people to lift off if they run wide, even a little, is also dangerous, especially when cars are behind them and they aren't expecting the car in front to not accelerate from the turn. I understand the logic, to negate the time gain (if there even is one), but it creates chances for needless accidents.

Further, it doesn't reflect well to the non-premium/prospective member when they see bans/warnings here, there and everywhere for exceeding track limits. To someone who doesn't know how strict the rule is, it just looks like multitudes of people are ignoring chicanes, rather than going half a car's width over the white line on most occasions that come to mind.

Using the kerb as track limits is widely accepted in the racing world, so I'm not sure why something different is being forced here. You'll only end up on the astro/grass/gravel/run-off or in the wall if you go further than the outer edge of the kerbs. Abusing run-off is clear cut, and you'll only really end up there as a result of an accident.

I just thought I'd throw my 2p into this now as it's a recurring issue and I think it needs to be looked at, from more than a 'rule is right, you are wrong' angle.

Last edited:
I do understand what you are saying, but if we give a extra foot drivers will take a extra foot on top of that.
no matter what the rule is drivers will push it over that rule.
the white/yellow line is a defining line around all tacks, Yes in the real world cars can go over this..
at times and its deemed as ok. but where the is a rule its very strict. laps are cancelled and drive a though given or a time penalty, We cant do this in club racing so its one rule for all tracks and all occasions
what you have to remember is we are a small group of volunteers, so it has to be simple and effective..
all we do is work to the rules we are given..
Some think im on a holy crusade..no im just doing the job i signed up for.. as all staff should.
all drivers should follow our rules, because that's what you signed up to.

So where do we draw the line on track limits, because i can guarantee what ever we set or say we will have some drivers go over it.. in a effort to maybe bet a better lap time.. some will make a mistake and drift over it..

im sure this will get discussed further in the staff section so thank you for you input :)

In real life racing they run on the extra large kerbs of Ascari and drivers are very agressive with kerbs as well at la Roggia. In AC we learn to do the same or else we lose a couple of seconds per lap (and it is not punished by PLP app because those kerbs are 'clean' ground). I will need to unlearn the track tonight.^^

In real life racing they run on the extra large kerbs of Ascari and drivers are very agressive with kerbs as well at la Roggia. In AC we learn to do the same or else we lose a couple of seconds per lap (and it is not punished by PLP app because those kerbs are 'clean' ground). I will need to unlearn the track tonight.^^
Or you do it like Montoya :cool::p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 374 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing