AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Brands Hatch GP - Fri 14/07/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yup. I've done the same, and also gone one step further and mapped hotkeys in TeamSpeak to raise/lower the volume (ctrl-alt Z and Y). Means I can tweak it during the race without crashing.

It might also interest you to know that during qually, certain ear-burstingly loud exclamations (naming no names! :D) caused me to search for and happily find a capability to turn down the volume for an individual driver (you just have to right-click on the name and you'll see it)... :whistling:

yep it was a bit loud in places, this was rectified after the race and now his mic volume is lower, he did apologize for this in teamspeak later :)

Firstly apologies to @Neilski for the contact on the first lap at Surtees. I was focused on not getting tangled up with the 2 cars in front so hung back on the entry to the corner, but hadn't seen you coming around the outside. Strange that I didn't spot you on Helicorsa, not sure what happened there. Shame in any case as it ballsed up your race.

Otherwise I had some fun battles and generally really enjoyed that combination of car and track. No matter where you are in the field there's always some great racing to be had.

Another lesson I'll take from this race (apart from making sure the mic is switched on :whistling:) is to stick with the setup I practised with. After quali I dropped the left side 1 psi from my usual 19, down to 18. Turns out I should have stuck with 19 as firstly that's what I was used to, but also at 18 somehow it felt too smushy on the fast right handers and became too unstable. Quite surprising to feel such a difference in the handling from just a 1 psi change!

Firstly apologies to @Neilski for the contact
No worries - it's always hard to figure out what to do in the melee of the first few turns. I watched it back on the replay (having finally extended my replay size so I can see the starts!) and it was a very minor contact. As it happened I may have had a more enjoyable race coming from the back anyway ;)

As it happened I may have had a more enjoyable race coming from the back anyway ;)
Cheers buddy, and likewise! :)
True it was a small tap but I guess if you're already on the limit it doesn't take much to spear you off into the weeds.

I was really tempted to have a crack at the Porsche around the green hell on Thursday but maybe I'll practise a bit more in the slightly tamer '5 before jumping into something like that :p Plus the bog standard "where did I position my foot last time?" G25 brakes probably wouldn't cut it with no ABS and virtually no run off.

the race was so in between everything
First the situation with @Nuno Rodrigues
i'm not sure if it was my fault or your Nuno. If it was my fault i apologize me. But in the situation it seems to me if i was in my correct line. So @Rupe Wilson would you be so nice and take a look (its only 34 seconds) and tell if it was my fault and a few words of explanation would be great.
here is the link:
Afterwards nice fightings a lot of personal errors which i have to avoid - but the fastest lap was faster than last time - so something like a learning curve seems to happen :)
thx
hape

@thefernan_8 shame we had that contact at T1, I feel like it was more an error from me that put us off, so I'm really sorry for that.

Another race coming through from the back, which allowed me to have a really fantastic battle with @Allan Ramsbottom. Really well defended, it was awesome battling someone without ever touching, but getting so close we could've highfived each other. It's a real shame we ran out of laps, I really wanted our battle to continue.

the race was so in between everything
First the situation with @Nuno Rodrigues
i'm not sure if it was my fault or your Nuno. If it was my fault i apologize me. But in the situation it seems to me if i was in my correct line. So @Rupe Wilson would you be so nice and take a look (its only 34 seconds) and tell if it was my fault and a few words of explanation would be great.
here is the link:
Afterwards nice fightings a lot of personal errors which i have to avoid - but the fastest lap was faster than last time - so something like a learning curve seems to happen :)
thx
hape

I know i have my own view on this and how ideally i would like our drivers to race, as per our rules.
have a look here at 6.3
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-league-regulations-2017.11826/
Q1
The question is do you have a sufficient overlap when you enter the breaking zone. (when your brake light come on) are your front wheels in line or past his rear wheels. if they are you can challenge for the corner and racing room must be given.
looking at the vid (it is hard to see clearly) you are not far enough along side to warrant a challenge for the corner,

Q2
Which car is on the better line for the corner, the darkened part of the track is a giveaway to the racing line, you are right on the inside of this, so you don't have a good line through the corner and chances are you will run wide if you have the same speed as the guy on the correct line.. outside to inside(apex) to outside is the optimum line for arguments sake.
Nuno is on the better line for the corner and has track position and will have a better exit speed.

Q3
who has track position, is it better to of waited and try and get a better exit out of the corner and overtake there instead of going up the inside into the corner, overtaking on the exit is so much easier and there is less chance of a accident.

So you could of moved over to the far right of the track to get a faster line through the corner. overtaking him on the straight or got track position for the next corner..

Remember its club racing its not the end of the world if we do have a little bump all we ask is that the parties involved wait for each other to get going again. Golden Rule.

1. Be 100% sure it's not his fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being booted for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get banned.
here is something we point all our drivers to in the HistorX club..
http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index.php?title=GPL_Recommended_Driver_Behaviour
maybe this will also help explain what we are trying to achieve in club racing and club etiquette.
it does explain things very well that may not be apparent in sim racing.

Last edited:
@BrianUK ,
Thanks for that M8 :thumbsup:,just watched the reply with a big :D on my face,was great battling,just 1 point by me,on the last corner before we hit the straight i dab my brake a bit,think on our second lap i hit it a bit harder than usual(pressure) lol,did,nt want you to think it was a brake test move it was,nt,watching it again from your point, u just tease it round with the throttle:cautious:;),so im going to be having a go at that :laugh::laugh:,look forward to the next race/battle if we lock horns again..:);):thumbsup:

here is something we point all our drivers to in the HistorX club..
http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index.php?title=GPL_Recommended_Driver_Behaviour
maybe this will also help explain what we are trying to achieve in club racing and club etiquette.
it does explain things very well that may not be apparent in sim racing.
@Rupe Wilson and @Nuno Rodrigues
Sorry for the accident and i did not wait. But its exactly the collision described in the Grand Prix Legends Wiki. So yes its only my fault so i hope Nuno you accept my appologize and we will race again in the future. It is one more learning point in virtual racing.
sorry for the inconvenience caused by my wrog decision.
hape

I only know of the wikki page because it was shown to me when i made the same mistake a while back.
we learn from our mistakes, and trust me we have all made them at some point. :)

@Rupe Wilson and @Nuno Rodrigues
Sorry for the accident and i did not wait. But its exactly the collision described in the Grand Prix Legends Wiki. So yes its only my fault so i hope Nuno you accept my appologize and we will race again in the future. It is one more learning point in virtual racing.
sorry for the inconvenience caused by my wrog decision.
hape

We all do mistakes and we all are learning as we go, and even so we do mistakes. Dont worry about that.

;-)

@BrianUK ,
Thanks for that M8 :thumbsup:,just watched the reply with a big :D on my face,was great battling,just 1 point by me,on the last corner before we hit the straight i dab my brake a bit,think on our second lap i hit it a bit harder than usual(pressure) lol,did,nt want you to think it was a brake test move it was,nt,watching it again from your point, u just tease it round with the throttle:cautious:;),so im going to be having a go at that :laugh::laugh:,look forward to the next race/battle if we lock horns again..:);):thumbsup:

I can't recall thinking I was brake checked, if anything it made me think the pressure was getting to you :p

Just watched the replay back, and I still don't know how I avoided you @Neilski when you had a trip into the gravel at the start of lap 3 or 4 (I forget already).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back