AC Friendly Event: Lotus 2/11 GT4 @ Mugello - Fri 11/08/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sign me up please, it's been a little while.
sign me up
Signing you up
Sorry guys... have to sign out! :unsure:
signing you out
Hello,

Please sign me IN :D:D:D.
Sign me up
signing you up now
I will not be able to join you guys tonight :(
Have fun see you at mx5 race.
Signing you out
Yes please!
Adding you now
sorry rupe got to sign out,needed elsewhere,have a great race boys.;)
pls sign me out :( I dont feel good anought to drive today
Signing you out

Hi!

I've just upgraded to premium but have little experience with this combo. I'd love to participate, but I fear I'm too slow... On the other hand, it is really 1 minute to go... arghghgh :_( lol

Hi!

I've just upgraded to premium but have little experience with this combo. I'd love to participate, but I fear I'm too slow... On the other hand, it is really 1 minute to go... arghghgh :_( lol
Maybe just jump on TS and have a word with Rupe about it in case he's not reading the forum now?

Reactions: Lum
Great race, been almost a year and this was a nice one to break me in. After the start it was a bit of a hotlap session for me but still good fun, looking forward to the next one. I need to work on track limits but I made sure I didn't gain an advantage on the odd occasion I did stray too far onto the curbs.

@DJ Ballistic - I watched the replay to see what happened at T2 and it turns out it wasn't a lag tap after all; in fact @HO7DOG and you had something of a coming together (but it's all good cos he waited as well ;)). Relieved that the lag wasn't that bad!
So despite the fact that I (in some sense) needn't have waited, I had a great race anyway trying to pass people, and probably a much less lonely race than I would have had if I'd been up front. (Matthew was in a league of his own and even Rob in P2 had a big gap behind him.)

Kinda gutted to have missed this one but had a meeting that got postponed to today that was meant to be yesterday, did a little bit of tatuus practice for 20 minutes with rasmus instead, hope it went smooth for you all!

A great start as I avoided the incident, lack of consistency again and fell back to last. Got back to 9th and closing down 8th and could have made 7th but the game crashed.

That has never happened before!

@DJ Ballistic - I watched the replay to see what happened at T2 and it turns out it wasn't a lag tap after all; in fact @HO7DOG and you had something of a coming together (but it's all good cos he waited as well ;)). Relieved that the lag wasn't that bad!
So despite the fact that I (in some sense) needn't have waited, I had a great race anyway trying to pass people, and probably a much less lonely race than I would have had if I'd been up front. (Matthew was in a league of his own and even Rob in P2 had a big gap behind him.)
Yep the fun was in catching up after incident but all good these little bumps happen ,we all getting to know each others style of driving which will then make for some real close battles with trust knowing we all good at respect like you mentioned letting me past if i could of took my rift off to ya lol id of commended you instantly loved the race and look forward to some action and getting to know you all more ,hats off really to you all great racing all round !

Yep the fun was in catching up after incident but all good these little bumps happen ,we all getting to know each others style of driving which will then make for some real close battles with trust knowing we all good at respect like you mentioned letting me past if i could of took my rift off to ya lol id of commended you instantly loved the race and look forward to some action and getting to know you all more ,hats off really to you all great racing all round !
Agreed, great racing tonight. I somehow managed to avoid the early shenanigans and eventually went into 3rd as a result! :O_o: Starting 11th or thereabouts and having no clue about the circuit, that seemed like a decent start ;)

David (pretty sure it was you anyway) I saw you catching up with only a few laps to go so was in two minds whether to properly defend (with fairly worn tyres) or let you by a bit easier. Joel wasn't far behind so I thought probably best to not slow us both down by over compromising both of our lines, and let you by cleanly by easing off the throttle when the time seemed right. It had an air of inevitability in any case so I thought settling for 4th would be better than to risk getting tangled up by trying to defend too aggressively ;)

It was good to follow you in any case to watch your lines and see where I was losing out, e.g. I realised I was doing the classic amateur mistake of turning in too early in some corners and compromising the line as a result, and... dunno I'll have to watch the replay to try and learn any more. I almost regretted it though when you ran wide later on as I caught you up again and almost got you back :p

Then of course on the last lap I ran wide myself at the same corner and Joel eventually got by after lap upon lap of keeping one eye on the gap behind, d'oh! Just managed to fend off Neil's drafting attempt at the end though, haha.

It doesn't really matter where I finish at the moment tbh, the cool part for me is learning the cars and tracks, and getting involved in the close, and usually fair battles. Top racing as always guys, that was great fun thanks :thumbsup:

Kinda gutted to have missed this one but had a meeting that got postponed to today that was meant to be yesterday, did a little bit of tatuus practice for 20 minutes with rasmus instead, hope it went smooth for you all!
As smooth as it is usually I guess :roflmao: Shame you missed it. Looking forward to racing you in the next session in the Tatuus. The last race in Barcelona was a bit of a disaster for me but nonetheless, lovin that car so far!

This was a lot of experience for me. I've tried to keep a comfortable pace throughout the race and settled for letting faster people pass me without much trouble. I've tried to defend once, to see how it went, which it was good for me, but then let pass the next corner, as he was a lot faster. I had a couple of moments avoiding accidents of other drivers in front of me and managed to stay on the black. For me that was like a victory, since I didn't knew the car at all just an hour before :D It was a big surprise to get a 7th position on the grid and an even bigger one to, somehow, keep it at the end. I was 6th for a time, then 9th or so, to climb back to 7th a couple of laps before the end. It really was a milestone for me and a lot of fun. Some resemblance to the good old days being a teenager in the unknown paths of online Grand Prix Legends... Thank you for having me at such a short notice!

Good racing, just frustrated at my lack of consistency which probably comes from not racing for a little while.. Thanks to all those I had battles with! Clean and fair yet aggressive which is how it should be!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years