AC Friendly Event: Lotus 2/11 GT4 @ Barcelona Moto (Live Stream) - Fri 04/08/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Can anyone help me? im having troubles with cars appearing to be spinning off/losing control only for them to teleport back to where they were and i hit them as though id drove straight into them. my ping ranges from 100-200 and its a fresh install of assetto. Any ideas as it spoilt the racing for me tonight.

Yeah I had that happen, fortunately it happened with cars which were quite a bit ahead of me, whenever I came close to them, they remained stable. I had similar ping to you so it's most likely the cause.

Fun race, although almost dead last - having nowhere near the pace to battle or even think to overtake someone it still got me sweating like mad (it's damn hot here, still) - got hit once, run wide after the long righthander, turned in to compensate, helicorsa blinked shortly and he bumped into me on the inside - so I think my fault, sorry

No issues regarding FPS, even on the first few corners stable - world details on low and supersampling on 1.0 - one small problem, I can hardly see any breaking lights (but with no one in front, not really one :roflmao:)

Yeah, on regards to the race, it was quite tiring mentally, and I do deeply, deeply apologise for any bumps in the first few corners where I misjudged the braking points. I'll be honest, it was my first ever online race in any game, I literally never played against anybody but the AI in each game, and from the start I was very concerned about not ruining somebody else's day. Halfway through the first lap somebody called me out (and had the right to do so) and well, that definitely pushed me to drive with extreme care. Not gonna lie, from lap 2 onwards I felt terrified whenever I was being caught because I didn't want to bump anybody out. Practice should iron that out. Coupled with the Lotus... not really being my favourite car, as I discovered. But as a first experience, it was great, I learned a lot and am looking forward for the next one! Thanks everybody!

Ps.: Plus I achieved my goal - not finishing last in any session! :)

In qualify i managed to set a good time in the last seconds of the q time, 8th.

I loved all of it, from start till finish!
Specialy the last corner in the last lap.
Ronnie was slowed down by a backmarker in i took my chance on the inside of the corner.
Unfortunally Ronnie closed the gap. I think he dindt expect me there.
I went of into the grass, but kept the car under control and still finished 4th..
Very happy with that.
I am not the fasted on track, but constantity does it!

RE EDITED for got some fights in first edition
Here my report:

Last edited:
Can anyone help me? im having troubles with cars appearing to be spinning off/losing control only for them to teleport back to where they were and i hit them as though id drove straight into them. my ping ranges from 100-200 and its a fresh install of assetto. Any ideas as it spoilt the racing for me tonight.
I did notice when I was following you, your car was jumping around a lot. Regarding spinning off though, that was probably just me actually spinning off :roflmao: Not sure how to help, but it did seem internet / ping related.

I did notice when I was following you, your car was jumping around a lot. Regarding spinning off though, that was probably just me actually spinning off :roflmao: Not sure how to help, but it did seem internet / ping related.

Yeah i think thats me done until i can solve the problem, its spoiling it for me and no doubt others.

Feeling a bit deflated after looking at the replays of qually and the race to see cars abusing our track limits rule.

So next week if you get kicked from qually you may need to adjust your driving, persistent offenders will be banned for the event.

All you have to do is lift of the gas pedal, But to see guys lining themselves up for the last corners taking all the run off they need with there foot planted hard on the gas for the start line straight to gain (cheat) of bit more time on there fellow drivers..

I will be watching next week even if it means i do not drive one single lap.
So if you cant keep to out rules don't sign up, plain and simple.

A big thank you to the drivers that do stick to our rules :thumbsup::thumbsup: it was noted.

I will be watching next week even if it means i do not drive one single lap.
So if you cant keep to out rules don't sign up, plain and simple.

A big thank you to the drivers that do stick to our rules :thumbsup::thumbsup: it was noted.
I will do my best to join next week. An extra pair of eyes should help. Track limits are second, only to the Golden Rule, in order of importance IMO. We should all be reporting any abuse if we see it.

As you can see (and hear) i lift some times and even shift back to 2nd gear in last corners, to keep between the lines (or max 2 out side)
I also drove bit wide on T1 but always with 2 wheels on the tarmac is that allowed?
If not i am sorry for that...

As you can see (and hear) i lift some times and even shift back to 2nd gear in last corners, to keep between the lines (or max 2 out side)
I also drove bit wide on T1 but always with 2 wheels on the tarmac is that allowed?
If not i am sorry for that...

Yes your driving is fine Frans. I was pointing out some of the guys in front of you. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back