1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendly Development Series - Setup Academie - Saturday March 3rd 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Car: WTCC 07 BMW 320si
    Track: Barcelona 2007
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07
    Skinpack: Download
    Number of places: 24 students
    Teacher: Yves Larose
    Event Duration: 3 hours +
    Tool: Ramon Setup guide (mandatory download)
    Spoken language: English
    TeamSpeak: Mandatory (download)
    Event Start: 20:00 GMT

Server and teamspeak password: Passwords
    RD Club Rules: Click here

When you have signed up we expect you to be there, if for any reason you can not make it you can sign out 1 hour prior till the event start, otherwise you will be reported as a no-show.
    You can not sign up as a maybe, you are there or you are not, we will not reserve grid places for people that might be there, we rather give them to people that will there.

Welcome to RaceDepartment Friendly Developpement Series, the Series was created a few years ago by Warren Dawes and have for goal to help new and/or unexperienced driver to gain skills and knowledge about all aspect of racing.Throughout the years the series have help many members gain skills and knowledge and once again we are proud to bring the series back which is unique to RaceDepartment.

This FDS session will focus on setup only and not on the driving aspect of racing, you will learn the technical side of a race car and how to use that knowledge to improve your car setup skills. The focus will be on rear wheels drive but the knowledge you will gain will also help you with the front wheels drive cars aswell.

Event procedure

The event will be done in 2 parts, the first part will be a theoretical part done exclusively on TS with the help of Ramon setup guide so it is important that you have it open or printed on paper at the moment of the event. The second part will be practical done on track and TS.

Part 1

in this part you will learn the technical part of a race car, how each setup option works.

Power train
    • Gearbox
    • differential
    • Rev limiter
    • Radiator opening
    • Brakes
    • Duct tape
    • Steering lock
    Wheels alignment
    • Camber
    • Caster
    • Toe in and toe out
    • Spring
    • Damper
    • Anti-roll bar
    • Packer
    • Ride height
    • Wing (rear)
    • Splitter (front)
    • Compound
    • Temperature
    • Pressure
    Part 2

in this part you will learn how to build a setup step by step and how each setup options affect the car behavior and how each setup options affect each others. Since this part will be done on track and that the series is not driving oriented it is recommended that you have a few laps of the track so you'll know the track layout before the start of the event. Since there is only one teacher it won't be personal teaching but more of a starting point for you to explore afterwards and to find your own way.

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Yves Larose (teacher)
    2. Chris Gallop
    3. Lukasz Matlak
    4. Serge Hendrickx
    5. Matt Emmens
    6. Jorge Alves
    7. Aaron Channer
    8. Ivan Navarro
    9. Brian Wallace
    10. Lazlo Acera
    11. Kennett Ylitalo
    12. Petr Kantor
    13. Neil Tasker
    14. Brendon Boss
    15. Ray Lilley
    16. Ken Bell
    17. Richard Haslam
    18. Glen Kabis
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

3. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Yes please.
    Any chance of some after school lessons aswell please ;)
  4. Sign me and Paul Dillon up please. :)
  5. I NEED THIS!!!!!!!! Sign Me up Please ;)
  6. Im in!

I will do my homework and start studying the manual right now ... and also start practicing with the BMW 320si (my favourite in wtcc 07)

Thanks for making this Yves:)
  7. Add me please. :)
  8. Sign me up please.

9. BrianW

Premium Member

I'm in....Thanks for offering this training
  10. Yves ... can we know in what track will be the practice part?

... so i can be consistent with default setup beforing we start tweaking during the class

«Edit» i saw now is TBA ... i will wait then
  11. Count me in.. pls/thx

12. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

sign me up!:)
  13. Please sign me up. THank you.
  14. sign me up please :)
  15. Not signing up yet, if there's slots open i'll check closer to the event. I don't have a mic ATM (my soundchip got fried, using USB audio I/O...) but i might have a remedy for that..
  16. Not signing up as I don't want to take someones spot who needs a lot of help, I'm not bad with setups but I would still like to listen in to pick up a few tips re: bumps and rebounds and a couple other things. And also to find out how you make your setups, if thats ok.
  17. Same here, not the area where i need help the most.. There's always something overlooked or forgotten knowledge that comes out surding these sessions but this can get very popular. I've seen some threads about setup lately and this topic is always trending among the simmers. I'll survive without a spot, that's what we are trying to say, aih?
  18. Sign me up please
    • Like Like x 1
  19. This is a must; sign me up, please.

Edit: I agree with both Bob and Kennet. If I can sit in TS and listen I can run in offline mode rather than take up a slot.

Feel free to bump me down the list as more join.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. I am in for this. Sounds really good. I know I need help. Thank You
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.