AC Friendly Development Series (MX5 Cup) @ Nürburgring Sprint - Sunday 10th July 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
CgFnDFh.jpg

The Friendly Development Series focuses on the learning experience. Hone your skills with other drivers, whether you're a novice, intermediate or advanced sim racer.

What is the Friendly Development Series? To learn a bit more, click HERE.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RaceDepartment #2 - The Friendly Development Series
Cars: Mazda MX5 Cup
Track: Nürburgring Sprint

Practice: 17:15GMT (60min)
Qualifying: 18:15GMT(15min)
Race: 18:30GMT (15 Laps)

Race Director / Coach
Tobias Röhner

Entry List

1. Paul Blythe
  2. Norman Bruce
  3. Bazooka_Joe
  4. Tommi Saari
  5. Premium slot
  6. Premium slot
  7. Premium slot
  8. Premium slot
  9. Premium slot
  10. Premium slot
  11. Premium slot
  12. Premium slot
  13. Premium slot
  14. Premium slot
  15. Premium slot

Last edited:
Hey guys. Another Round of FD Series coming up, especially focussing on the MX5 Cup, which will be featured in the first Season of RD MX5 Cup (duh :D)

Anything you guys would like to practice in particular? i.e. setup, cornering, overtaking?

Count me in! A few setup tips and everyone's approach on cornering in general would be cool. I feel like cornering in this car is a lot more about momentum than about traction and therefore requires a different approach.

Yes please ... I'm struggling with this car a touch, especially on high speed corner exits. Not been able to complete a single lap of Nordeschleife yet [not without stability control enabled] :(

Even if I don't make the cut for the Season, this will be good practice/fun :D

Yes please ... I'm struggling with this car a touch, especially on high speed corner exits. Not been able to complete a single lap of Nordeschleife yet [not without stability control enabled] :(

Even if I don't make the cut for the Season, this will be good practice/fun :D
There's some corners like that on Nurburgring sprint, so should be good. We can focus on those :)

Okay. So I think one major focus will be on cornering. This car is a bit like a go kart, as in you don't ever want to make your tires spin or go sideways. It always needs to be driven within the limits of grip or too much momentum is lost.

Sign me up please. I'm terrible with any car with manual gearbox (G27 here) especially during braking, destroying gearbox after some few laps as a result, so sounds like a thing for me! Currently avoiding any cars requiring manual clutch and corresponding shifter action and definitely have to fix that. Braking would be probably my main focus (hello T1 on Nurburgring), but cornering after the braking would be handy too, so no need to change the main learning topic.

Sign me up please. I'm terrible with any car with manual gearbox (G27 here) especially during braking, destroying gearbox after some few laps as a result, so sounds like a thing for me! Currently avoiding any cars requiring manual clutch and corresponding shifter action and definitely have to fix that. Braking would be probably my main focus (hello T1 on Nurburgring), but cornering after the braking would be handy too, so no need to change the main learning topic.
Ah, heel and toe shifting :D I'm no expert on this, but I'll try to throw something your way.

Also use the G27 pedals/shifter combo. It took a week or two of practice to get 'Heel and Toe', but use it all the time now. Moving the throttle pedal closer to the brake helped for my size 8's. Meant I could brake with most of the ball of my foot, and blip the throttle with the outer edge of my foot. Having a Load Cell brake upgrade also helped a lot.

Getting happier with the MX5, though Nordeschleife is still my nemesis :(

It took a week or two of practice to get 'Heel and Toe', but use it all the time now.
I've made several attempts to learn it but never could get it right. Eventually I got fed up with my inability to do it properly and temporarily abandoned all manual cars in racing altogether. I'm still taking them for a spin (literally!) once in a while, but only for a casual drive. I know that all it needs is a bit of practice, so I'll have no chance of avoiding learning on Sunday :)

Last edited:
I've made several attempts to learn it but never could get it right. Eventually I got fed up with my inability to do it properly and temporarily abandoned all manual cars in racing altogether. I'm still taking them for a spin (literally!) once in a while, but only for a casual drive. I know that all it needs is a bit of practice, so I'll have no chance of avoiding learning on Sunday :)

Yes me too, I don't have a manual shift but have tried heel and toe in the safety of a pretend sim environment..

I'm not too bad but I can't put enough pressure on the brake to slow down or I put enough pressure on the brake but can't get to the throttle. So you end up thinking so much about what your feet are doing you kind of lose concentration on what the rest of you is doing! :laugh:

It's one of those things that I can't quite master yet, not too worried about it at the moment though, the MX5 Cup car is good fun.

Boys, I have some bad news. I will be delayed on Sunday which means I won't be home until much later... I might be home in time, but don't want to keep you guys on the edge of the seat...
So how about we delay this to the 8th of July?

@Tobias Röhner I'm not desperate for it to happen this week precisely (especially since I've spent 0 minutes practicing track/car combo), however I can do weekends only, so Friday is not good. But can wait for the next session happily.

10th sound good? Sunday in 2 weeks. Sorry for the English guys that get left behind because of the F1 GP, but that's the only feasible day for me before the league starts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back