rF2 Friday August 28th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Bathurst

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Ivo, if thats you at 0:14 and theres only 2 vettes in then this must be you (becasue im sure the other vette was behind me);

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7JdjoJX0D0[/ame]

Sorry if it is

Yup that was me. Had the same problem as Bram there. That chicane is haunted, because there is a invisible "thing" in the middle of the chicane. :D

I am glad you joined the party with me and Phillip there. :wink2:

Ivo Simons im very sorry for the shoot at the end of the race ...

Thanks to the P1 Epsilon driver that was released when stuck on the curb of the chicane!! Thanks mate !!

2nd in GT1 is not bad ;)

Im disapointed for Gary Lennon probleme... a good battle we were promised
It for the next ;)

Well,

I missed qualifying due to having to pick my brother up..

got back missed qualifying.. but in time for race still set my sights on P1

Got a good start.. took it steady but there were cars everywhere lol.. was hard to get through but i did and made 10 places.. worked my way up.. was like up to p8 in a few laps.. following BRAM.. when all of a sudden i had massive network lagg.. at first bram i wasnt sure if i had taken you out or not.. but im so glad to hear that it wasnt due to contact.. as i was patient behind you lol

Worked up to p2, had a fantastic battle with Daniel.. who did his best to hold me off for about 5 laps.. we had a realy realy good fight.. he drove fantastic and very fair.. put his car in perfect places etc.. realy big pat on back mate,

I got past and then race was mine to loose from then on, had a scare mid race with a guy who lost control of his spyker and put me into gravel trap.. and the gravel at bathurst is not very nice to get stuck in.. infact you dont get out if you get stuck.. so i made sure i keep loads of throttle on to get through gravel.. got to the finish needed a quick splash n dash but still lapped the field which was nice.

Realy enjoyed the race but for a few reasons inparticular.

May i just say a BIG congratulations to everyone taking part.. it seems that everyone has taken note of the forums the last few days and made a massive effort to improve, everyone tonight drove fantastic.. every driver i lapped left room, held his line to leave us room under braking.. was all extremley fair.. so a big well done to all involved, it was realy a pleasure to race with you tonight and its realy good to see that people have taken note, everyone stepped up a gear tonight so lets keep this up every race as tonight i would have been proud to say i raced with all of you.

There were still a few moments that scared the life out of me, i remember one point after the first straight where you come over the hill and brake for the right hander a porsche was driving the wrong way towards us all.. things like that are just a bit worrying and not realy nessccasary.. so still a few things to be worked on, but apart from that i cant remember one problem tonight ! fantastic work guys !!

Quick side note to garry lennon, i think it was me who hit you when you put the limiter on lol.. i was like why did be Brake LOL

Cheers guys, fantastic job and a big thanks to all who took part again.

Race was fun. Was the lonely spyker *cough* on track - sorry for that - :fwd2: and also the first time out with a mixed class grid.

Tried to stay out of those fast no roof cars' way for the most part of the race. Was quite tough at times keeping one eye on the guy in front and coming to terms with some much faster guys closing fast.

Managed to see the chequered and not causing (too) much damage overall.

Thanks for the race. :)

• Istvan Peter

My first race at RD had an exciting start, I was one of the coefficients that resulted the chain-reaction at the start (green Aston). I tried to get a good start, but i think from the car in front of me doesn't was visible the green light, so I had to break to avoid the contact, in the next moment every car went into each other. I was lucky too, because I was pushed out from the track, and I came through the heavy part of caos.

Being the first race, it was a test for me, I tried to not annoy anybody, and tried to avoid close fights. The aim was to finish the race without any significant event or action. Next time I try to go better and more constant laps.

To me, this race was a nightmare. From pratice to race itself, all in this race has been to forget. I want to sorry if i ruined the start of someone, mine was ruined by a touch at the rearend, and a slide against the rails. After that, almost a spin per lap, and after 4 or 5 spins , i have abandoned the race. It was not my day, and i´m already waiting for Elkhart Lake.

• Mircea Garneata

damn , I feel so bad for missing all the hugs and kisses at the start :(
quite a moment you had there :)

Race Results: http://***********/mwvjob

Lol i can't believe the game dq'ed me after i finished the race n won P2... I was doing a victory lap and flashing my lights on and off and i thought they were still on, which they weren't, so i was just driving around and the game dq'ed me haha. Ohwell, just lucky this is a pre-season race and not the proper thing lol.

Quick side note to garry lennon, i think it was me who hit you when you put the limiter on lol.. i was like why did be Brake LOL

Hehehee soz again dude and glad to hear you got to continue,ive decided to move my boost inc./dec. keys further away from the pit limiter key :p ....at least i didnt run out of fuel this time!!,but i did find a new comedy faux pas' way of fail-disaster :good: :D.

Was a great race for me, as I managed to keep a good pace in 4th GT1 position. I made one pit in middle of the race and gained 2 positions. With 10 minutes left on the race, I was closing on the leader and I was pushing hard to challenge Valentin's position. After closing in to only 10 seconds to him and 2 minutes left...disaster...a brutal downshift :poke:in T3 & T4 made my engine catch fire...end of race.

Before the race, I was worrying about the LMPs which will cause problems lapping on the hill part of the track, but it wasn't the case. everyone was waiting the moment where I can make room.

Looking forward to next race with you all for an other great event.

Daniel That the lapping incident is all on me, so no worries. I'm just glad that you could continue on. If I'd taken you out I would have felt very bad....

Anyhoo.., I have to admit that the lapping bit caught me out quite a few times last night. The speed and aggressiveness at which the LMP's approach in my rear view caused my brain to freeze a coupla times..lol :D while on the mountain bit of the track.

Next time I'll remain calm, keep the racing line, leave it to the quicker car to get past, RIGHT?

Was my 1st race on this track, damn much walls around ^^

Happy to get p3 in qualy.

For the race I changed setup to soft tyres because I dind't know how long the supersofts would last. That wasn't a good idea.
At start I had no starting lights so I lost some places and in turn 1 I breaked a bit late and thought I would ruin someones race again. But fortunately I only touched Hannu a bit.
In round 2 I had too much gas on the curbs in the fast left turn before the chicane so I spun and lost my cars nose, standing reverse directly on the racing line so following Kevin Allmann ran into me - sorry Kevin.
So I did my 1st pistop really early but my car never drove the same as before, lost traction and topspeed. Restarted race from last pos.
Struggled through the race with some minor wall contacts I did 2nd pitstop in r16.
Had some nice rounds with Klyde Parker in front and behind me for p7 but in round 28 I touched the wall again and had a flat front tyre so time for pitstop #3.
Finished p7.

Again it was a great race, had very much fun! Thx to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%