Friday, April 11 2014 update expectations.

Damage, damage, damage. Visual and mechanical.

Mechanical damage is already in the game. Put the slider (located in the assists tab) to 100% and go change from 5th to 1st and you will blow the engine. The indicator will go red and the engine will cut. Dont know what other things can happen but engine failure is deffo in.

I recently got a TH8RS Shifter and have ruined many an engine practicing my heel n toe skills or lack there off.

Mechanical damage is already in the game. Put the slider (located in the assists tab) to 100% and go change from 5th to 1st and you will blow the engine. The indicator will go red and the engine will cut. Dont know what other things can happen but engine failure is deffo in.

I recently got a TH8RS Shifter and have ruined many an engine practicing my heel n toe skills or lack there off.
If you think that's the final implementation of the mechanical damage Kunos wants to have, you are in for a treat :D

As much as I want mp... I'd be surprised if they released any before first getting CPU/GPU/funny UI-fps issues sorted out. If they were to give us some mp, I think it'd be wise to limit it to 2-4 players plus AI for the time being. Just my 5p's worth :)

As much as I want mp... I'd be surprised if they released any before first getting CPU/GPU/funny UI-fps issues sorted out. If they were to give us some mp, I think it'd be wise to limit it to 2-4 players plus AI for the time being. Just my 5p's worth :)
I would still be so freakin' happy with a 2-4 person MP! I would be perfectly ok with just goofing around with my friends, and do some races between us. But I doubt it this week.

We'll likely get some bug fixes, small tweaks to the AI, maybe a small feature here and there. After this week though, we should get 0.9, and that I believe is going to be balls to the walls!

Here is my speculation:
ability to flat spot tires
brake fade (along with brake heat, etc...)
transmission damage enabled
more intelligence for the AI
behind the scenes bug fixes and such

possibly another step version of a car or two

Although it would not be the mega build with MP and such that most of us want I would still consider this a nice build....only a couple more days until we find out.

I do keep saying this, but they do need to get the car horn sounds sorted out.
Im telling you, this appears the main blocker to implementing multiplayer, and i expect is also linked to the lack of cpu and gpu optimisation, micro stutter, AI behaviour, and is the primary reason the 458 GT2 hasnt rocked up yet.

I do keep saying this, but they do need to get the car horn sounds sorted out.
Im telling you, this appears the main blocker to implementing multiplayer, and i expect is also linked to the lack of cpu and gpu optimisation, micro stutter, AI behaviour, and is the primary reason the 458 GT2 hasnt rocked up yet.

I don't need a horn because I'm always in front. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%