Friday, April 11 2014 update expectations.

Out of 10,000 racing games you picked one of the very few which go by a different principle than the one you prefer. 5 minutes of research could have spared you that experience. I for myself am absolutely satisfied with Kunos' approach.
Keep it coming guys!
Few but perfectly modelled cars, that's the way to go!!

I have arrived at a state of mind where I only long for somebody to race against!

The "one I prefer" is Assetto Corsa. Hence why I want more from this game.
If I wanted more from other games or I preferred them I wouldn't give a flying feck what Kunos do or don't do.
But hey, excuse me for actually 'expecting' more added to a game that's always labelled as a WIP.

The "one I prefer" is Assetto Corsa. Hence why I want more from this game.
If I wanted more from other games or I preferred them I wouldn't give a flying feck what Kunos do or don't do.
But hey, excuse me for actually 'expecting' more added to a game that's always labelled as a WIP.

Seems that you have three choices:
1. Go play the other simulators that you are so "envious" of
2. Learn how to build a track and make whatever you want
3. Realize that laser scanned tracks take time and money and that Kunos are a tiny team with not much of either of those and enjoy what we have and hope modders come to the rescue.

The actual driving experience is great enough to me that I choose number 3.

The driver release notes didn't mention any Assetto Corsa speed increases so I'm not sure what could contribute to any performance optimization.
When they're optimizing DirectX it affects any game that uses it, and DirectX is cpu+gpu code so if your AC is running cpu-bound apparently they've made that side of things a lot more efficient.

When they're optimizing DirectX it affects any game that uses it, and DirectX is cpu+gpu code so if your AC is running cpu-bound apparently they've made that side of things a lot more efficient.

I'm not CPU bound so maybe that's why it didn't improve any for me. Intel i5 2500K at 4.4GHz here, but honestly at 2560x1600 resolution and max details, it shifts from being CPU bound to GPU bound anyway. Maybe folks running on lower spec machines are seeing bigger increases.

I do have one recent complaint. It seems that in one of the more recents patches in the last month or two, in order to improve performance, Kunos has lowered the LOD of the cars in the replays so that you only see the full LOD whenever they get closer to the camera, but for people like me that have high end hardware and maxed out the detail settings, its pretty damn annoying to watch the replays with cars that have almost no texture detail at a distance then suddenly textures start to pop-in and show detail as they get closer to the camera. I realize they're trying to optimize framerates for people with lower end hardware but its a penalty for high end hardware users. it would be nice to see a graphics setting in the menu to adjust this for people that can use full LOD replays.

Well yes. But as I have paid for a "work in progress" I kinda thought that list would grow as they finished modelling the cars or tracks.
Thanks. Now I know they are releasing another track and 5 or so cars I can now go back to driving the same old tracks with the same old cars while casting envious eyes at other simulators content.

I see.

So first, you made the mistake to assume. Doesn't the English language have this saying 'assumption is the mother of all ****-ups'?

Second, the list of cars has grown. Various cars have been announced after the early access started. Not to mention recently the announcement of 2 Nissan's and a RUF, and LaFerrari...

Usally, people debate whether the glass is half-full or half empty, in this case, I simply don't see how you can't spill anything from the glass. As it simply is full. Shame you don't feel it that way though.

I did try the new driver and I don't notice any boost in my frames. My GPU usage and CPU is still the same.
One thing I didn't try yet is to see if the new driver option "Shader Cache" On or Off makes a difference to AC performance. Tomorrow when I have time...

I'm on a 780 GHZ edition (basically an factory overclocked normal 780) and i got about 10 frames, kept shader cache on.

Since i was already above 60 i don't notice it on gameplay, but the frame counter app is telling me that.

@Blkout this driver is suppoused to enhance every DX11 title, they don't mention AC because it probably wasn't included in the tests, they only bothered to test the big AAA titles.

Obs: Game Stock Car is giving me problems with this driver, random black screens, and then everything goes back to normal...

Last edited:
My biggest hopes at the moment are more tracks, and multiplayer. Even with hundreds of cars, you can get tired of the same tracks pretty quickly although you rarely get tired of the same cars on different tracks. There are plenty of cars I would like to see added, but I'm much more interested in more tracks as right now, I don't even care for all of the tracks that are in AC at the moment and only race on about half of them consistently. Multiplayer would be fun just because the AI still needs work and can be very frustrating at times, I'm betting on a better challenge and more fun from a proper sim community than I am the AI.

I really don't get bored with the standard of tracks Kunos are turning out.

I've rarely been anywhere else but Mugello, it's my go-to track for some reason, although I do like Monza and JP for the road cars. There's so much detail in the tracks, I need a constant supply of tracks in Trackmania but not in AC :)

Id like to see of the following..
Either race weekend implemented (its mostly already coded and sat in the game already, Even Qualifying sessions are in the game) but we will need Pit stops implemented properly and Ai programmed to use the pits as well for qualifying to be usable for a race weekend.

Obviously pits working, even as something simple, like you pull in, you get lifted slightly, a UI pops up much like the "tyres/aero/camber" interface at the start of any session, where you pick what you need, then ZZZB ZZZB ZZZB ZZZB on the wheel nuts and you get dropped again. then away you go.

And/Or some kind of basic MP, even if its lan connection. Again the menu's and stuff are already in the game ready and waiting, they just have nowhere to connect to ATM.

Of course any code updates like optimisations, or any additional content like any of the remaining cars or another track, will be MOST welcome. But Right Now... id like to see more towards the "Race" side of things taking more shape, we have enough vehicles atm to give people plenty of variation, while more is nice we dont " NEED " them right now.. so lets get more of the sim finished, then throw some more content at it.

All my own opinions of course..

PS. @Mogster I know exactly what you mean, my testing track for new cars is always monza 66. And my Goto track that i always try "those new tested cars" on is Magoine. i hardly ever play the other tracks (apart from drift track, that thing is too much fun)

Last edited:
I am sure its not there yet because the game is not released....After version 1.0 we might see AC name on the list game in nVidia log....again,we might...

The game is already on Nvidia's profile. GeForce 332.21 Driver WHQL. But no new performace increases since. Here is hoping to it when when we get the final version built 1.0 cause The latest Nvidia miracle driver didn't help Assetto Corsa in any performance.

Blkout and myself should not have the performance issues with our high end PC specs. We need to get this game to run silky smooth and not turn into a slide show every 2 minutes when we come around the corner. I know it is just going to take a little more time for Kunos to get this right. They have high end PC too so I know that they are experiencing same game play as us.

The game is already on Nvidia's profile. GeForce 332.21 Driver WHQL. But no new performace increases since. Here is hoping to it when when we get the final version built 1.0 cause The latest Nvidia miracle driver didn't help Assetto Corsa in any performance.

Blkout and myself should not have the performance issues with our high end PC specs. We need to get this game to run silky smooth and not turn into a slide show every 2 minutes when we come around the corner. I know it is just going to take a little more time for Kunos to get this right. They have high end PC too so I know that they are experiencing same game play as us.

Yes i was thinking the same...but because they worked on this SIM for so long they might not have the same awearnes of this issues because they got use to it and their mind tells them there is no issue.The new guy that get the game and start playing can spot this as stutters or lag at first look but lets see this from another angle.
rF2 as i understand from other people talk is verry demanding on PC,i dont have the game so i dont know and cant say how it runs on my PC.
pCars also is heavy on PC and this one i have try it...
R3E runs a bit better than the above but its still does feel heavy..
We might have to face it and accept that we need to wait some time and new hardware to be released and available for mid user to max this games and play them in a perfect smooth frame rate

Multiplayer is the most important thing for me.
But i think first come all the other content, so there would be the remaining cars,
tracks, career mode, AI improvement, Damage system, Flags, Pit Sops, Night and day races, weather, weekend races with AI, graphic performance.
I have learn to wait after the Beta realease of AC.
But I do not notice any Ai improvement.
I dont read all the posts before, but we must wait.
Next update maybe Lotus 2-11 GT4 and Trento Bondone who knows? They have enough cars to release before multiplayer.
And it takes much longer until we have a finished game, longer than you think.
I only say AI. LOL:devilish:
sorry bad english:poop:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back