1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fri 13th Nov - Formula Vintage Vee Test - Toban + N'hampton SCC

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stuart Thomson, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM VEE
    Mod: Formula Vintage Vees
    Class: All Chassis (default skins)
    Track: Northampton Sports Car Challenge (default) & Toban Raceway Runoffs (default)
    Day/Night: Day
    Event start: 20.00 GMT
    Practice: 15 mins
    Qualification: 3 laps
    Warmup: 2 min
    Race: 2 x 8 laps per track (practice only before race 1 per track)
    Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    Note2: These are really fun, very simple to drive cars. They are low powered, very chuckable little cars that work very well on short courses. We will be running 2 short races per track in this testing event (a total of 4 short races), and using a 2 lap quali session to keep things nice and fresh. We will only run a 15 min practice session before race1.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtto6oz_a6A[/ame]

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Entry List:

1. Stuart Thomson - Bobsy
    2. Knut Omdal Tveito - Vega
    3. Will Roberts
    4. Tim Ling - Bobsy
    5. Sam J Simpson - Wedge
    6. Neil Gault
    7. Gary Lennon - Wedge
    8. Rickard Norgren
    9. Berkem Ceylan
    10. Nigel Atkins

3. when will they get round to decimalising the week, 7 days is not long enough i need at least a 10 day week :p

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I'll wait for some extree clarification before I take that as a sign up, especially as it's same time as the Evo Minis

5. yep tis best, if Fuxton posts a 3 track event which usually end up in a crash fest then i`ll defo sign up for this. but i`ll have a blast in em later and you never now :wink2:

6. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Yes please

I just love the concept of Formula Vee racing. Cheap, simple, fun cars. Looking forward to this test:good:

7. Count me in, I tried um and they rock. Niether have been updated in about the past week have they? Pembrey and the Vees that is.

8. not really taken with these, can`t get any feeling in the steering and FFB is zero :(

9. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

:lol:
    only just seen this post... guess what :becky: It's a 3 track event and all street circuits lolz.

10. yeah i`m just doing a post in the mini thread now :p

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

No - all 'as is' in the downloads

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Slight venue change - found an invisible wall @ Pembrey.

Switching to Northampton Sports Car Challenge (Silverstone Club)

2 Default tracks, so no downloading beyond the mod itself.

Nige - for future ref, buy the ffb upgrade (free) and change the value in the RealFeel ini file to 200%

13. i did look for a realfeel upgrade in the upgrades section, but can only remember seeing FFB low, med and high settings which didnt help. i`ll look again tomorrow :good:

ps. good news about the track change, that one seemed very dark and dreary :(

14. aw, I had downloaded pembery a few days ago and was thinking hey! I have a non offline use for this but I guess not, oh well I've spent a million hours on Silverstone Club on Forza 1 so I know every inch :p Can'y wait anyway.

15. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Go on then Stuart. The mini's are a bit too competitive for my skills at the moment, so I'll give this a go. :)

16. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

These are fun. Slow, but fun :) Tail happy too

17. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Just did some testing on the two tracks. I couldn't stop driving:lol:

Great fun for sure and very nice tracks.

I started out with default ffb and gradually modified it based on Stuart's dead-zone file and Warren's ffb settings for GTLegends. Did some final adjustments to get some grip-fade when understeering.
    The ffb settings are attached below (make sure to backup if you want to try it out)

Attached Files:

18. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

is Toban the short reversed Stu?

19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

As far as I know it's the default short course, Tim, no reversals that I'm aware of, but I don't know the track naming convention that well in rF.

It's the one below that runs clockwise. (I'm hoping that's the standard one)

Attached Files:

20. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Actually, I had an online race in these last night elsewhere - mad fun :good:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.