• Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fri 13th Nov - Formula Vintage Vee Test - Toban + N'hampton SCC

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stuart Thomson, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM VEE
    Mod: Formula Vintage Vees
    Class: All Chassis (default skins)
    Track: Northampton Sports Car Challenge (default) & Toban Raceway Runoffs (default)
    Day/Night: Day
    Event start: 20.00 GMT
    Practice: 15 mins
    Qualification: 3 laps
    Warmup: 2 min
    Race: 2 x 8 laps per track (practice only before race 1 per track)
    Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    Note2: These are really fun, very simple to drive cars. They are low powered, very chuckable little cars that work very well on short courses. We will be running 2 short races per track in this testing event (a total of 4 short races), and using a 2 lap quali session to keep things nice and fresh. We will only run a 15 min practice session before race1.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtto6oz_a6A[/ame]

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Entry List:

1. Stuart Thomson - Bobsy
    2. Knut Omdal Tveito - Vega
    3. Will Roberts
    4. Tim Ling - Bobsy
    5. Sam J Simpson - Wedge
    6. Neil Gault
    7. Gary Lennon - Wedge
    8. Rickard Norgren
    9. Berkem Ceylan
    10. Nigel Atkins

3. when will they get round to decimalising the week, 7 days is not long enough i need at least a 10 day week :p

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I'll wait for some extree clarification before I take that as a sign up, especially as it's same time as the Evo Minis

5. yep tis best, if Fuxton posts a 3 track event which usually end up in a crash fest then i`ll defo sign up for this. but i`ll have a blast in em later and you never now :wink2:

6. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Yes please

I just love the concept of Formula Vee racing. Cheap, simple, fun cars. Looking forward to this test:good:

7. Count me in, I tried um and they rock. Niether have been updated in about the past week have they? Pembrey and the Vees that is.

8. not really taken with these, can`t get any feeling in the steering and FFB is zero :(

9. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

:lol:
    only just seen this post... guess what :becky: It's a 3 track event and all street circuits lolz.

10. yeah i`m just doing a post in the mini thread now :p

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

No - all 'as is' in the downloads

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Slight venue change - found an invisible wall @ Pembrey.

Switching to Northampton Sports Car Challenge (Silverstone Club)

2 Default tracks, so no downloading beyond the mod itself.

Nige - for future ref, buy the ffb upgrade (free) and change the value in the RealFeel ini file to 200%

13. i did look for a realfeel upgrade in the upgrades section, but can only remember seeing FFB low, med and high settings which didnt help. i`ll look again tomorrow :good:

ps. good news about the track change, that one seemed very dark and dreary :(

14. aw, I had downloaded pembery a few days ago and was thinking hey! I have a non offline use for this but I guess not, oh well I've spent a million hours on Silverstone Club on Forza 1 so I know every inch :p Can'y wait anyway.

15. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Go on then Stuart. The mini's are a bit too competitive for my skills at the moment, so I'll give this a go. :)

16. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

These are fun. Slow, but fun :) Tail happy too

17. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Just did some testing on the two tracks. I couldn't stop driving:lol:

Great fun for sure and very nice tracks.

I started out with default ffb and gradually modified it based on Stuart's dead-zone file and Warren's ffb settings for GTLegends. Did some final adjustments to get some grip-fade when understeering.
    The ffb settings are attached below (make sure to backup if you want to try it out)

Attached Files:

18. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

is Toban the short reversed Stu?

19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

As far as I know it's the default short course, Tim, no reversals that I'm aware of, but I don't know the track naming convention that well in rF.

It's the one below that runs clockwise. (I'm hoping that's the standard one)

Attached Files:

20. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Actually, I had an online race in these last night elsewhere - mad fun :good:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.