Frex Sequential + G25 Question

Hello all.

First off I should say that I do not own the Frex sequential shifter but I do have full intentions of purchasing one (unless you guys can give me logical excuses not to). Also I do own a G25.

OK, on to the question.
If I buy the Frex shifter, do I need to buy the USB controller or can I use the one from my G25. My question is based off of the Installation Manual off of the Frex site. It showing the H-pattern shifter being set up to the G25 controller.

I would just like some help understanding if the G25 shifter controller will work fine, or if I need to get one of the controllers from Frex? (although I think I have read on a few forums that there are a few problems with the Frex USB Controller, maybe I am wrong).

Thanks for reading.

I have a Frex sequential shifter and a G25. With this setup you will need to either purchase the frex USB controller or one of Leo's boards to plug the shifter into. I have an SLI-Pro, so that's what I use.

I've had mine for about a month and love the feel of this shifter. I would strongly recommend it to anyone

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help Nick.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Frex 3B+1A and the 12B Kit?
Is it a better buy to spend the extra $$$ and just splurge on a SLI-M or SLI-Pro?
If I get a SLI-M (or pro) is there any more I would need to get to make it all work?

I'm sure I could just do some better research and figure alot of this out on my own, but it's nice to know from people who use it daily rather than a random website.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm not too sure what the difference is with the Frex boards. I would definately get an SLI Pro, for the extra money you get your shift lights and display which is really hanfy in game. You also get the option of adding 30 odd buttons and rotary switches.

If you do get an SLI Pro, just make sure you get the colour coded cables.

Upvote 0
I'm not too sure what the difference is with the Frex boards. I would definately get an SLI Pro, for the extra money you get your shift lights and display which is really hanfy in game. You also get the option of adding 30 odd buttons and rotary switches.

If you do get an SLI Pro, just make sure you get the colour coded cables.

Can you tell me the size of the SLI Pro board, also the size of the gear display.

Thanks,
Pete

Upvote 0
I own a Frex shift+ and have some problems with my bodnar LC controller. After some mail contact with Frex they send me this link to there forum http://frex.xsrv.jp/xoops/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=279&forum=9 to connect it directly to an G25/27.

I have a Frex sequential shifter connected to a BU0836-LC and yes, it does present a few problems mapping the upshift and downshift in RBR - if you want some more information on how to do it please let me know.

Pete

Upvote 0
I have a Frex sequential shifter connected to a BU0836-LC and yes, it does present a few problems mapping the upshift and downshift in RBR - if you want some more information on how to do it please let me know.

Pete

I only have problems with the simbin serie al my other games that I play works fine. (iracing, rfactor an dirt3) My shifter is still connect to the LC controler because I dont want the shifter be connected to the wheel. Maybe the TS is oke with that. Its a cheap solution :)

@TS buy a sli-m/pro you wont regret it. You could also connect a buttonbox on it :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 398 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 267 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 256 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 186 7.7%
  • < 5 years