• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Free Week: Silhouette Series @ RaceRoom Raceway - Tues 21Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 21-11-17
  1. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +456
    Sorry guys, but I had to bail on this one. I bumped 3 people in just over 4 minutes and was tired of ruining everybody's races. To make it worse, my mic isn't working for some reason so I couldn't even apologize.

• Beer Beer x 4
  2. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +820
    Really enjoyed those two races, maybe because I kept my bumper intact, my rear bumper.:D Had a bad start in the first place not enough throttle. Second race didn't even bother to put it in first gear. Really good driving with everybody around me you know who you are. Thank you for the clean racing fun, much more than I expected to be honest.
    Well done to the podium finishes and all.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    See you all on the next one.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Bloody game saw me mention the fairly lax track limits on this track and decided to give me a drive through penalty after I was punted off the track in the first race! :confused::cry::roflmao:

Not that my driving wasn't generally awful throughout the first race, too many distractions :redface: Given that quite a few people seemed to be watching my stream tonight (well - quite a few for my standards, so I think 6 ;) ), I'm sure I left quite an impression ;):cry:

Race 2 was much better, thankfully, good fun and some fun battles.

Thanks for the race! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +492
    Can't say I enjoyed this... it was one of if not the worst race I've ever done... I was considering dropping out of Thursday's race out of frustration but I guess no better way to bounce back than climbing back in right away...
    Congratulations to the podium!

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  5. Kuba Oczos

Kuba Oczos
    Snoopy Premium

Ratings:
    +70
    I really enjoy this wavy circuit even if it is free :thumbsup: Some drift moments too, lost 2 places then but who cares :cool: Thanks and see you ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  6. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Excellent racing guys, particularly the really fun end to race two with Tariq! Great to see all the new faces joining us for this one. Hope you enjoyed R3E and come back for more in the very near future! :thumbsup::cool:

• Like Like x 6
  7. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +130
    Thoroughly enjoyed this evening! I actually really like the car/track combo and think R3E is great fun to drive in. I’d next to no network issues either which was a big relief. Once in Race 1 the cars in front of me vanished for a second, which was somewhat scary, but other than that it ran perfectly. Thanks to the organisers and I might well be joining you again before the week is out ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,765
    This happens from time to time, seemingly at random. Sometimes it affects many people, sometimes just one or two. We're not really sure of the cause, but we're pretty sure it isn't down to connection speed. Thankfully it seems quite rare these days, so hopefully we'll see you again soon! :thumbsup:

9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644

second race
    sry for cuts
    U can see level of chaos when guy with 1.15 quali could get 9. place :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Menos

Menos
    MA Racing #48 Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I agree with this, didn't enjoy the night at all. I was one of the slower cars near the back of the grid and it looked like a public lobby, just slightly more well behaved. Cars crashing everywhere, the golden rule not being followed. In race two I got punted making me lose a heap of time and no-one waited up. Plus I didn't enjoy the cars.
    I think I'm staying out of the other free week ones.

12. Mike Bishop

Mike Bishop
    mutley082 Premium

Ratings:
    +221
    Sorry I missed the race last night, had what is being termed as" Internet Overload". Going to check on this today as this is not normal for us in South Africa

13. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    Well race 1 was a nightmare, off the line like a Slug and into the melee that followed, spent first 3 laps finding spun cars around just about every corner, with the location being where it was, I was sure I had jumped back to 2014, Apologies for moving across a couple people's lines, completely unintentional.
    Race 2, better start and was running comfortably inside the top ten right up to the point my shoulder popped, tried continuing but just got worse and worse, so pulled off and dropped out to save a catastrophe. Will see if things improve for Thursday but have a feeling my Sim racing days are over. :cry:

• Beer Beer x 3
  14. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Once again we see people complaining about the Golden Rule, yet I haven't had a single incident report. Here's a tip guys... if YOU don't report it, I can't do anything about it, and the person responsible gets away with it and will do it again in the future.

It does no good whatsoever to complain about it here. Given that all our reporting procedure needs these days is a lap number and the driver's name, there really is no excuse for whinging without taking any action.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier

Ratings:
    +492
    I'd report @Calvyn White for punting me at the start of the second race but I like him too much ;D

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +820
    Let me start with a big sorry. I literally had no idea I did that. Because if I did, if you know me by now, I would have held my hand up and done the right thing, that you can be rest assured. How that got past me without knowing is just bizarre. That's a month ban right there, perfect example. You are entitled to report me and I appreciate it greatly that you have decided against it, thank you. This would be my first time in eight months of playing at race department that I've done this and I didn't even know it.
    Anyway once again sorry for ruining your race and sorry for not waiting.
    I felt good about those two races right up to the point I read your message, now I'm probably more pissed off than you. Sorry m8.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier

Ratings:
    +492
    Haha don't worry about it man, it was just one of those days for me where everything kept going horribly wrong. Come to think of it, my race was ruined when I first started practicing this combo, I just couldn't get any type of rythm. And I'm NEVER driving the Cougar C14-2 ever again, what a piece of junk.
    Oh and I didn't want to make you feel bad, keep thinking about the positive aspects of your races!

• Like Like x 4
  18. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644

fits our race perfectly, 0:38+

After joining the server i tried Tim's setup, snap, i couldnt keep my car stable, was spinning like crazy, then changed to default, way better :p I like how shadowplay recorded my main monitor with resolution from second monitor (first is 1920x1080 and second 1680x1050)

• Love Love x 1
  19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Race 1 did kinda look like a public lobby, yes. At least the first few laps that I can comment on. Then again my driving was abysmal as well, so I can't complain much. I just hope I didn't cause anyone any serious problems (I'm not aware of anything, but that may not mean much.)

It's a deceivingly difficult combo, to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +820
    Here's my leaderboards setsup and race setup.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1