• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Free Week: Silhouette Series @ RaceRoom Raceway - Tues 21Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 21-11-17
  1. Neilski

Neilski
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +284
    LOL about track limits.
    After practicing a bit on the server and realising just how far beyond the lines you can go without losing a lap time, and then also seeing how the other guys on the server were [ab]using the kerbs, I had been thinking I'd need to ask here if the RD white-lines rules didn't apply to R3E races :D

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Menos

Menos
    MA Racing #48 Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Okay, sorry for the back and forth. I'm in! For sure, work is fine now :p

3. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +689
    ...I only say:
    Thank God for places like RaceDepartment!!!!!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,716
    They absolutely apply. Given that people have decided to advertise the fact that this track has particularly bad cut detection, I'll be checking the replay myself afterwards. So be warned all.

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +220
    I only installed the game today - I've had a little run around to learn the track and get used to the car, but if anyone can give me any setup pointers so I'm not too far off the pace I'd appreciate it!

6. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +689
    Hello and welcome
    therez a post (#55) on this thread from @Timo Glock that might help
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +651
    I'm sorry.I must to sign out :(.I spend the whole day looking for a car for my wife with my wife :(.It is really hard when you do not choose antyhing after whole day.Till next time - thursday :)

8. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +312
    Haha, it’s pretty difficult sometimes to stay between the white lines on this track. When you go all the way pushing as hard as possible, almost every chicane and corner are taken as “creatively” as can be... :sneaky::roflmao: But indeed (as) far beyond the RD’s clubrules (as could be).

Sadly I have to miss tonights race as I unexpectedly have a fourlegged friend to take care for and he is picked up around the time the race begins :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,189
    I'd say you don't have to worry about the setup too much. In my opinion (but I'm definitely not the fastest, so bear that in mind) the defaults are pretty good on these cars, as is often the case in R3E.

Do you have any particular issue with the handling?

10. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    And of course that's totally fine, because we all do it! I'm fairly new here, and to sim racing in general, and I end up exceeding the track limits at various times throughout the race as I'm really pushing to the limits of my ability. The key thing is that when you exceed the track limits you're meant to give a definite lift off the throttle (if it's safe to do so) so that no advantage is gained. Unless of course you're an F1 driver at the likes of Austin that is :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +220
    Thank you - well I only just realised that there's more than one model here - I thought it was just a single car series!

I think I drove one of the cars offline, then a different one when I joined the server earlier today for a practice.

The one I drove online was a bit more lively and suffered a bit of oversteer. The one offline behaved itself much more.

As it's all new I just assumed that the assist settings were different on the server as the one on there seemed a little less stable under braking and more lively under acceleration too!

Edit - but I did end up a bit faster on the server, getting into the 1.13s a couple of times.

12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,716
    Our R3E servers always use "Get Real" mode, so the only assists are the ones the cars actually have in RL. However, there is also a definite difference between driving online and offline. That's why we always put a practice server up a few days ahead of the races, to allow people to practice in the "real" environment.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Menos

Menos
    MA Racing #48 Premium

Ratings:
    +59

Thats not quite reliable. Grip is different online than offline (or so i have been told). So you might have just felt the difference between on- and offline

• Like Like x 1
  14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,189
    BTW, if anyone's interested, here's my setup for the Cougar 14-1 I'll be using tonight. But as always, no guarantees, I'm not that fast nor do I have a real idea of what I'm doing. But I was quite happy with it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Leprekaun

Leprekaun
    Emulating heroes in 1s and 0s Premium

Ratings:
    +224
    Sign me up please. Thanks

16. Neilski

Neilski
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +284
    Wow, hadn't seen that coming. Is one always quicker than the other or does it vary?

17. EireGreen™

EireGreen™
    Premium

Ratings:
    +301
    Sorry Guys, have to sign out.

18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,189
    If you're doing Leaderboard challenge, you always have the ideal conditions.

Online, if I remember it correctly, qualification has the best conditions, race slightly worse and practice even worse, mostly when it comes to grip levels.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ben Cobbé

Ben Cobbé
    Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    Hi, please take me off the list so others can take my place.
    I wont be able to drive tonight.
    Sorry for the late notification.

20. Tim O'Glock

Tim O'Glock
    Premium

Ratings:
    +191
    My brake pedal just died. I'm out.:(

• Beer Beer x 2