• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Free Week: P1 @ RaceRoom Raceway - Sunday 26Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 26-11-17
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    A real shame for you Martin, and normally your connection is pretty secure, but good race pace until then hope it gets sorted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +643

what could go wrong, did go wrong :rolleyes:

• Beer Beer x 3
  3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Not lately, though :( But thank you.

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Really enjoyed this combo. :thumbsup: Had a blistering start and ended up around 4th or something, then avoided an incident to be in 2nd. :confused: Of course there was no way I would have had the pace to keep it. No worries for the "love tap" @Calvyn White, I got going again and was pretty much back where I belonged position-wise. :p The time flew by hammering around in these things, that's how you know you're enjoying yourself. Ended up 6th which isn't too shabby. We'll be seeing these again methinks. :thumbsup:

See you Tuesday guys. :cool:

• Like Like x 7
  5. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +204
    Wllcome to the club ;) I had similar start in one of the previous races...
    P.S. if you watch my start, you wil see that I almost spun (started in 2nd gear)

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +129
    Great race! I enjoyed it so much I watched the stream back afterwards! Great work with the commentary as always and the camera work with the onboards and rear-facing cameras were fantastic!

Like several drivers, some good fortune saw me hold P2 for a short while, but I spun off in an unforced error and lost my rhythm until I decided to pit. Over the moon with P5 in the end though as this is the fastest class I’ve raced, the longest race time and my first with mandatory stops. Just glad to have a relatively incident free race and not get a drive through or DQ :D Congrats to the podium and winner, that was a blistering pace and I was lucky not to be lapped in the end!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    OK. Is there anybody who wasn't in P2 at some point in the race? ;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 9
  8. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Premium

Ratings:
    +390
    Sorry I didn't make it. I'm still sore from this happening. Car is a total loss, broken frame and both rear suspensions.

24059497_10208262396996575_3047265090905147833_o.jpg
    23847490_10208262396836571_2717602976820763250_o.jpg

• Beer Beer x 9
  9. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    Wow. As long as you're okay then that's the main thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +651
    Thx for race.I start from last pole and finish 4th.I try to catch @Calvyn White but he is to fast on straight.I ruined my quali and I find good setup few minutes before race.Quess what ?? Im two second fast in race then in qualification.But once again thx for race and live broadcast.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    Those last few laps made for good viewing, you got so close.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +651
    When my children will grow up And I will continue to be beautiful and young :) I sit down and prepare some good setups :) and maybe someday I catch the leader :).

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +129
    I was wondering what happened as you were ahead of me before the pitstops and then ended up behind me after them. I think we may have exited pitlane around the same time as there was a car stopped near pit exit and it all got a bit messy. In fairness it may have been someone letting us through, but I felt the best course of action was to get off the limiter and back on the track ASAP :) One thing I wasn't sure about is whether your "pit crew" will release you into traffic in the pitlane or are collisions disabled in the pitlane?

14. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Collisions are disabled between the speed limiter markers at the entrance and exit of the pit lane.

(No, it is not an excuse to hammer through the pits at high speed!)

15. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +129
    That's good to know! With a single 24" screen visibility in the pits isn't great and it's hard to tell from the track map what is traffic coming down pit lane or the pit straight. I spend more time look backwards than forwards ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Collisions in pitlane always confuse me - they seem to be on in some situations and off in others, and even if they're off, I can never tell when they will be turned on again. I see what Ross posted and it would make sense, but I'd swear I accidentally hit a car in the pitlane a few times before, thinking that collisions are off while they were not. That's what confused me about my pitstop - we were very close to each other with you slightly ahead, possibly even intersecting, so I was kinda panicking, not sure if/when our cars will hit each other, and then there was that other car that went right through me and then went completely off to the side and seemed to stop, so I was not sure what happened there:

Timestamp of my pitstop is 56:15 in case the link doesn't work properly.

17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Oh, and it also doesn't help that our virtual mirror is covered by the pit speed limit window.

18. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +129
    That's interesting watching the replay back! I actually feel a bit bad now as I really made things tricky for you! I'll have to sack my pit crew for what was clearly an unsafe release ;) In the replay it looks like I make a sudden swerve to the right and I don't remember doing that. That said my car disappeared a couple of times from the stream and even going down pitlane on your stream my car briefly vanishes so it looks like my connection issues still aren't 100% resolved.

So, is it up to the driver to ensure it is safe for them to leave their pitbox? And I wonder what would have happened if we crossed the pit exit line with our cars embedded in one another? Either way, apologies for making a bit of a mess of your pitstop!

19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    @suspectmonkey You did absolutely nothing to feel bad about and have nothing to apologize for :thumbsup:

And as for your car disappearing on my stream - it's likely to be on my side, given how my yesterday's race went. The cars were blinking for me intermittently and I was dreading when the connection drop will come (as that's always a sign one might be coming), especially given that the connection already dropped for me once at the start of the qualification.

But it looks like I might finally have an idea on what's happening here, so hopefully I might be able to solve it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +643

0:14, disappearing hud, anyone experienced something like that? :O_o: