• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Free Week: Aquila CR1 @ RaceRoom Raceway - Thur 23Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 23-11-17
  1. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    I was just thinking to myself, out loud now. No need to panic.:)
    If, maybe, perhaps sometime the club could setup one track for the week but three different cars, so practice can be done with three different cars throughout the week until race night with that particular car for that race. And then practice can continue with the remaining two cars and so on. If you know what I mean. Two service would be even better.:thumbsup::thumbsup: just a thought nothing more, happy with the situation as it is, no need to panic or condemn me to death.:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,742
    It's certainly an option for when we use tracks that only have one layout. I'll do it next time if I remember. :thumbsup: (Feel free to remind me on that occasion if needed.)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,208
    (I like this track, even though it's fantasy, but I still think they went a bit overboard with the whole over-the-crest, blind, off-camber corner thing ;) That and the huge run-off zones people often just drive through - not so much here on RD, but in general)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +316
    If you drive it like you stole it (yes the track allows) you can save a lot of time :geek: ...Even if an attempt is made to drive it correctly, I am sure "caution to the wind" will be thrown :confused: shame really cause it ain't a bad track :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  5. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +397
    Sorry I'm going to have to pull out of this. Started coughing at work and now have migraine. Gonna go bed. Sorry

6. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +180
    I'm afraid I'm out, shoulders F****d, good and proper, off to A&E, see you all soon I hope. Have a good one this evening, Pissed I'm gonna miss it, really quite like the Aquila, enjoy gents/gentesses!

* Ha Ha Ha Ha, apparently we don't have an A&E anymore, only choices, 40 min drive with dislocated shoulder or relocate one's own shoulder.
    A door frame, some Morphine and a pan champ for masochism , job done, well sort of, feels like I ran myself over but can move it, a bit.

Think I'll just be an observer for a while!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    • Beer Beer x 2
  7. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Sorry to hear about the migraine my daughter suffers sometimes. Really painful and not much you can do about it. It can go as quick as it comes, so feel better soon.

That bloody shoulder of yours. That bloody shoulder of mine. Good luck at the A&E I hope you took a pillow and a blanket with you, you may be there for a while. At least you got there before the drunks. Good luck and I hope they figure out a way of helping you out. Anything is better than just resting as that doesn't really fix it. Get better soon.

8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,208
    The speedway at Lazaret.

9. Brent Mills

Brent Mills
    Brent Mills Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    yes please

• Like Like x 1
  10. Casper Hougaard

Casper Hougaard
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Sign me up please! :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. HDrury42

HDrury42
    Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    I’m afraid I’m going to have to back out of this last minute

12. Christoph Müller

Christoph Müller
    Premium

Ratings:
    +303
    race 1, very good battle with patrick:D
    race 2...öhm...connection lost? dont know what happend:O_o:

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. andycolh

andycolh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    My pedals was disconnected race2 guys,can't even find the USB connection.

14. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,496
    • Love Love x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +635
    its freeeeeeeee :D

combo way better than yesterday's, unfortunately also a lot of crashes and crashers :cry: wouldnt mind using this car more often, just need more luck with accidents
    Thanks @Calvyn White for the setup, it was great *praise the sun gesture*

remember about wreckfest if u have it

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,742
    Really like these cars! The racing was pretty good but mostly uneventful as I just couldn't quite gain on the guys ahead. Close enough to keep things interesting though, so it was good fun.

Just the P1's left in our free content week, so go get yourselves signed up for Sunday! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Well your first race you were robbed of a podium; that I have no doubt.:mad:
    Second race that's just bloody typical.:(

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +485
    Great race guys, as I said earlier, @Christoph Müller you win for the most patient racer for staying so long behind me, watching my mistakes, and not divebombing in exasperation :p

Shame about the accident with the backmarker, I hit him when he wouldn't move out and slowed down more than I expected right at the apex

• Like Like x 2
  19. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +312
    It wasn’t my day to day... Couldn’t come into a rythmn, unintenially punted @Rapala on the first corner in the first race as I didn’t expected such an early brake at the first corner. My bad for not noticing it enough and my excuses to you @Rapala. And the second race was in a way better. Enjoyed the last few minutes with @FeltHat very much. Just peeked at the stream and saw how much we drove other lines in the last corner on the last lap. Hope you didn’t feel it as a intentional cut, because it was certainly not my intention. Find that last section pretty hard to find a rythmic line.

And all that is caused because they ****ed up my mood at my pharmacy this afternoon. Went there yesterday to notice them that I want to collect my medicines today... Would be ready today, so this afternoon I went there to pick them up. First they look at me like they have no prescriptions from me, just nothing. Like I’m crazy... Then after a few minutes it eventually became clear to them they ****ed it up (again) and didn’t collect my medicines as promised. All in all it had cost me almost an hour there and still missing one important medicine because they ****ed it up. Still very upset about it. Ruined my day big time.

Thought about skipping again, this time because of my mood. One part in me is glad I didn’t skipped. But the other part still let my stomach turns for not getting in a pace and ****ing up my race and possibly others because of me... A day for me to forget as quick as possible... :poop::(

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Really enjoyed both races and nearly and I mean nearly took out @Patrick Fournier again. And fortunately for me you managed to save it, well done mate, very impressed. Everything was racing fine for a good 10 minutes until the back marker who I consider he had no idea what the hell he was doing from my perspective. I was running in third until that s*** hit the fan and finished in second but not earned. Second race pressurised Patrick as much as possible until I spotted error, grab the bull by the horn and went for it. Nice, clean and safe like. Anyway well done to the podium finishes, oh wait that's me.:roflmao: well done all:thumbsup:. Thanks for the racing see you in the next one.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1