• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Free Week: Aquila CR1 @ RaceRoom Raceway - Thur 23Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 23-11-17
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,742
    Server is up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kuba Oczos

Kuba Oczos
    Snoopy Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    In please :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +397
    I've just started messing around with this again and thoroughly enjoying it.
    Could you sign me up?
    Think I'll try staying up for this one

• Like Like x 2
  4. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Here is my 5th position on the leaderboard setup. Possibly a third maybe a second with a couple of more hours of practice. This is not a race set up this is purely for hot lapping, balls to the wall.:confused:
    Race setup to follow, if good enough.;)

PS: just tried to set up on the server and it's about a second slower so I would safely say this is good for practicing online. A few little tweaks here in there to bring it into more of your own style but don't do much or you may lose the speed of the setup. But in saying that you may increase it by bringing it in line of your own style.
    Like always any questions don't hesitate to ask I'll be glad to help.:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Bunnysanta

Bunnysanta
    Premium

Ratings:
    +50
    After having my fun with GT Sport, I think it's time for me to sign up for this one and have a good race in a Real Driving Simulator again.
    So, please sign me up. :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +316
    Your setup is actually first class :thumbsup: ....I have not made one change :thumbsup::)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +697
    Gonna try it if I may:cool:
    Thank you Calvyn:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +397
    Will be giving the standard a go first and see where I'm at then will slap your set up on and see if it makes me quicker. Thanks for sharing, really appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daz85UK

Daz85UK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    @Calvyn White That setup is amazing! Can I ask what you changed in order to deal with the elevation changes on the track. My setup has the rear end spinning out when the track elevation changes.
    I'm a bit of a noob at set-ups

• Like Like x 1
  10. andycolh

andycolh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    Hook me up,please sign me up for my first online race

• Like Like x 5
  11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,208
    (One feature I'd *really* love to see in a sim - setup comparison. Just load two different setups and highlight what's different and by how much. Similar to how you can compare equipment in some RPG games.)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,208
    Oh, and in, I guess. Thank you.

13. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Thank you. Basically trying to keep everything quite soft, bump, rebound and springs and just about the right amount ride height for all that to work in that space, too low you hit the ground, too high and the centre of gravity will be too high unnecessarily. A good balance between the front in rear ride height will definitely assist you through chicanes. Flicking it right to left or left to right.:rolleyes: As you go over a ridge the car wants to stay high (float over the top) but you don't want to bring the wheels with the chassis. You want the wheels to stay on the road. Whilst trying to get the car to stay connected to the road you've also got to have a balanced setup. So you've got to think about oversteer and understeer and you got to think about that as well as dealing with trying to keep the tires on the ground when the chassis goes light. And of course throttle control and a good break balance for trail braking. Having things soft may give you grip but you will lose on precision.
    Please don't quote me on this, I am a mere amateur at best.
    Well I hope that made some kind of sense.:O_o:

PS: And of course the most important thing of all is practice and pushing it to the limit until you can recognise what's wrong with the car and knowing what you need to do about it. Knowing one click down on the rear bump will help eliminate exit oversteer for instance. And repeating this process over and over until the only thing it's stopping you from going faster is your skill, which will only improve.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +397
    Well I went in and got myself a base time on default setup. 26th on the leaderboard with bags of time left out there for sure...
    But now, I have to get ready to go to work... :(
    Looking forward to this tonight!
    (or in my time zone, early tomorrow morning)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daz85UK

Daz85UK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks Calvyn, think i need to dig a bit deeper into car setups

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +824
    If I'm not in too much pain I'm in.... See how it goes tonight.... Starting to fall apart now I'm in my 40's lol !

• Beer Beer x 3
  17. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +824
    Uggh... I hate this track though... Will have a practice after work. Don't like fantasy tracks at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +397
    I don't usually like fantasy tracks but this one is pretty good. Quite enjoy the flow and technical bits

19. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,742
    Why not? They're no different than real tracks when they're in a sim. There are good and bad ones out there, just like there are good and bad real life tracks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    I don't mind this fantasy track. But I don't like this particular layout, much prefer the bridge layout. As for the Grand Prix layout that hair pin is a killer if you touch the inside kerb it's like butter on butter, slippery.:D but generally I think the circuit as a fantasy 1 is very good it has plenty of variety and everybody likes a bit of variety.:p

• Agree Agree x 1