1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Free Trial contains a Virus

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by frankonia, Apr 16, 2013.

1. When I was downloading the free trial, I got a warning from Norton Internet Security,
    the file ftruck.exe and ftruck dedicated.exe contain both the virus
    Suspicious.MH690.A
    Did anybody have the same experience or is my Internet Security software a bit over sensitive.

2. False positive, nothing to worry about.

Norton is amongst the AV softwares that gives easily false positives. I wouldn't use Norton in the first place, but that's just imo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I use Norton Internet Security and i had the same problem with both GSC and Ftruck.
    The good thing is that you can easily recover and exclude them from future alerts , because sometimes when Norton find a file as "high risk" , you can't recover at all.

4. Norton is almost thinking itself is a virus.

• Like Like x 3
  5. No but kept getting error messages, and could not get even through Part 1. (Trial) Had Trend A/V disabled. I have installed several older sims w/ no problems.

I am thinking about trying to just buy, but my laptop's specs are between the Minimum and Recommended and only have 256MG Dedicated Video, 4gbRAM, 2.3ghz Processor......W7 64bit

I run RSRBR, and a few Simbin titles, NKP fine, but not sure about this.

I am a pc noob. Do you think I would be happy with it running on this? I really want it, but just can't afford to waste money.

6. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Based on how the Simbin games work, I have the feel FTruck runs a little smoother on my system. So, >>I<< say you won't have lag with your laptop.
    Let's wait for others' opinions:) The more you know the better you can decide.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks Andreas, anyone else have an opinion please?