• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Free Trial contains a Virus

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by frankonia, Apr 16, 2013.

1. frankonia

frankonia

Ratings:
    +0
    When I was downloading the free trial, I got a warning from Norton Internet Security,
    the file ftruck.exe and ftruck dedicated.exe contain both the virus
    Suspicious.MH690.A
    Did anybody have the same experience or is my Internet Security software a bit over sensitive.

2. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +443
    False positive, nothing to worry about.

Norton is amongst the AV softwares that gives easily false positives. I wouldn't use Norton in the first place, but that's just imo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anestis

Anestis

Ratings:
    +62
    I use Norton Internet Security and i had the same problem with both GSC and Ftruck.
    The good thing is that you can easily recover and exclude them from future alerts , because sometimes when Norton find a file as "high risk" , you can't recover at all.

4. Jake Cooper

Jake Cooper

Ratings:
    +24
    Norton is almost thinking itself is a virus.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Roger Snead

Roger Snead

Ratings:
    +62
    No but kept getting error messages, and could not get even through Part 1. (Trial) Had Trend A/V disabled. I have installed several older sims w/ no problems.

I am thinking about trying to just buy, but my laptop's specs are between the Minimum and Recommended and only have 256MG Dedicated Video, 4gbRAM, 2.3ghz Processor......W7 64bit

I run RSRBR, and a few Simbin titles, NKP fine, but not sure about this.

I am a pc noob. Do you think I would be happy with it running on this? I really want it, but just can't afford to waste money.

6. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium

Ratings:
    +537
    Based on how the Simbin games work, I have the feel FTruck runs a little smoother on my system. So, >>I<< say you won't have lag with your laptop.
    Let's wait for others' opinions:) The more you know the better you can decide.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roger Snead

Roger Snead

Ratings:
    +62
    Thanks Andreas, anyone else have an opinion please?