1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

Free Practice: Rain - Qualifying: Dry. What do you do with setups?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Camacho, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Hi everyone!

I have started Shanghai weekend and free practice has been 100% rainy and then the qualify has been in dry conditions. As there are Parc Ferme restrictions I'm not able to edit the setups so I can't get a good setup for my car in dry conditions in qualifying, so I have finished in 18º position. I have done my best but the setup is not appropiate because I could not test dry setups for this circuit.

What do you do in similar cases? Thanks in advance for your answers!

2. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    You can call me "V" :D Premium Member

Before the practise ends change your set up. But what if the race is wet again???? You have to figure it out, and i think is the same for ai drivers too. ;)

3. You have the reason, but my question is: how do you get a good setup if you can not test it in free practice? AI cars don't fail in these cases...

4. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

Come on dude, if its wet how you will get a nice set up for dry??? Go to the setups forum and choose one :D

5. Yes.. Because I'm sure the AI have a RaceDepartment forum of their own and they can pick setups...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

If you like give an answer to Camacho, and don't be sarcastic.

7. I'd rather be sarcastic to you then be utterly unhelpful and rude like you were to him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

At least i try to help, you just came to be the good guy, so i dont give a sh!t if you are sarcastic or what ever you want to be smart @ss
    And i dont think humor is rude!!!!!!

9. Now, I'll ignore the argument above me. :D

What I do is go for the race setup. I mean, if it's a DRY race I go with a DRY setup, if it's a WET race I go with a WET setup. The AI are way too slow anyways, so you're gonna have the advantage no matter what setup you choose. The AI ALWAYS uses:

6/6 wings
    6/6 roll bars
    6/6/6/6 suspension
    everything on the middle

• Like Like x 1
  10. Out of interest, how do you know that?

11. Well, I don't know if you know, but I've had one AI Mod for 2011. :rolleyes:

To be honest, now I can't think of exactly why was it, but I saw it or tested it or something like that... Sorry, I'm having some problems now on my head and can't think for this now.. :( I'm sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. @Kristian Nenov no worries. I wasn't aware of your mod since I'm exclusively a ps3 player! :) I know what you mean about the head not working- I had my first day back at work and it felt like there were a lot of cobwebs in my brain!!!!

• Like Like x 1

13. Yeah, I now see that you have a PSN. Sorry, my bad. Had to look before write. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. You're talking about default setups? The setups that the engineer proposed?

15. Yes, but only the middle one. I mean, they don't change setups. They use the default setup (6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6 everything). :D