• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Free Practice: Rain - Qualifying: Dry. What do you do with setups?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Camacho, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Camacho

Camacho

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi everyone!

I have started Shanghai weekend and free practice has been 100% rainy and then the qualify has been in dry conditions. As there are Parc Ferme restrictions I'm not able to edit the setups so I can't get a good setup for my car in dry conditions in qualifying, so I have finished in 18º position. I have done my best but the setup is not appropiate because I could not test dry setups for this circuit.

What do you do in similar cases? Thanks in advance for your answers!

2. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    Greek SimRacing Community

Ratings:
    +1,960
    Before the practise ends change your set up. But what if the race is wet again???? You have to figure it out, and i think is the same for ai drivers too. ;)

3. Camacho

Camacho

Ratings:
    +11
    You have the reason, but my question is: how do you get a good setup if you can not test it in free practice? AI cars don't fail in these cases...

4. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

Ratings:
    +1,960
    Come on dude, if its wet how you will get a nice set up for dry??? Go to the setups forum and choose one :D

5. Mitchell Smith

Mitchell Smith

Ratings:
    +30
    Yes.. Because I'm sure the AI have a RaceDepartment forum of their own and they can pick setups...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

Ratings:
    +1,960
    If you like give an answer to Camacho, and don't be sarcastic.

7. Mitchell Smith

Mitchell Smith

Ratings:
    +30
    I'd rather be sarcastic to you then be utterly unhelpful and rude like you were to him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

Ratings:
    +1,960
    At least i try to help, you just came to be the good guy, so i dont give a sh!t if you are sarcastic or what ever you want to be smart @ss
    And i dont think humor is rude!!!!!!

9. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +482

Now, I'll ignore the argument above me. :D

What I do is go for the race setup. I mean, if it's a DRY race I go with a DRY setup, if it's a WET race I go with a WET setup. The AI are way too slow anyways, so you're gonna have the advantage no matter what setup you choose. The AI ALWAYS uses:

6/6 wings
    6/6 roll bars
    6/6/6/6 suspension
    everything on the middle

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jamie Francklin

Jamie Francklin

Ratings:
    +20
    Out of interest, how do you know that?

11. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +482

Well, I don't know if you know, but I've had one AI Mod for 2011. :rolleyes:

To be honest, now I can't think of exactly why was it, but I saw it or tested it or something like that... Sorry, I'm having some problems now on my head and can't think for this now.. :( I'm sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jamie Francklin

Jamie Francklin

Ratings:
    +20
    @Kristian Nenov no worries. I wasn't aware of your mod since I'm exclusively a ps3 player! :) I know what you mean about the head not working- I had my first day back at work and it felt like there were a lot of cobwebs in my brain!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +482

Yeah, I now see that you have a PSN. Sorry, my bad. Had to look before write. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Camacho

Camacho

Ratings:
    +11
    You're talking about default setups? The setups that the engineer proposed?

15. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +482
    Yes, but only the middle one. I mean, they don't change setups. They use the default setup (6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6 everything). :D