Free pit speed limit at Monaco?

This needs to be decided very soon. I have already received quite some feedback, and I think most or all have been in favour. If you have not voiced your opinion, now is the time :)

Also the suggestion with 2x tyre wear is an options, any views on this? (as it looks now, 15th is the most likely race date where all can participate).

What we could do is to have a practice race this Wednesday where we try out the suggestion(s). Any views?

Free speed in pit does not bother me, but the pit at monaco is short so the effect would be smallest than at other place.

The 2x tyre wear proposition is interresting, i haven't realy study the effect but i think it could be good for strategy.

id be all for removing the speed limit in the pits and using x2 tyre wear, it will encourage diffrent strategies during the race.

@ fabrice, it could encourage strategies like....

starting on mediums, then 1 stop and change to softs

or starting on softs and doing 2 stops for super softs there after

or....

you get the point, i think it would be great seeing the varying strategies in the group, only problem is that monaco might not have been the best place to start, as it could cause alot of problems lapping and like with people on totally diffrent strategies and tyre wear.

I am a bit unsure about tyre wear myself, I am worried it would make everybody race on hard or mediums, while with 1xtyre wear we probably will see more different compounds on the track (super soft and soft would not last for very long).

I have considered the 2x fuel as well, am unsure if that would work towards more or less pit stops.

Whilst I am in favor of removing pit limits(at some point in the future maybe), I'm not sure Monaco is the best place to do it, as Fabrice say's it is a very short pit lane, I would be most worried about the tricky exit and people crashing on the way out :eek:

I've no idea what difference tyre wear values would make as I've never tested anything else, so can't realy comment on that

Jim

I am for removing the speed limit but i believe Monaco is not the right track to try this idea for many reasons.... maybe after Monaco we run a friendly race at spa? Long track with long pit so we can try both tires and speed limit?

I am in doubt for 2x tire wear...I believe it won’t change anything as it will affect the tire wear across all class and we end up with the same situation as with 1x . who wants to use super soft for 4 laps?.. The best way in my opinion would be to leave it as it is and introduce at first step the removal of speed limit and see what happnes and then we move to next step ...

2x fuel is another interesting idea worth trying, but that might reduce the idea for drivers who chose to try running hards on longer stints to counter the other drivers who decide to run short stints on soft or super soft with less fuel..

“My personal opinion” :)

Anthony

Are people confused about 2x tire wear? They will last half as long as they normally do, meaning supersofts or even softs would not really be an option. Thats how I understand it.

I like the removing pit speed limit idea, though the point is well made that the exit here is dangerous, as well as this being the last race of the season. I'm happy either way though.

It is probably wiser to wait for the offseason to try new settlement points. We will test the impact and relevance to make rule changes. Possibly, we could vote for the adoption (or not) changes tested by us before the start of next season.

Are people confused about 2x tire wear? They will last half as long as they normally do, meaning supersofts or even softs would not really be an option. Thats how I understand it..

that is exactly what i was trying to point out in my post... any tire choice will last half the normal distance and we will be back to the starting point... if the SS normally last 8-10 laps they will last 4-5 and who wants to put SS for 4-5 laps ? so we will end up going back to use meds and hards...

2x tire wear would be very interesting at Monaco, contrary to what people are saying. People say that everybody will just use Hard tires and do the same number of stops. Well, in my experience, Hard tires are almost impossible to use at Monaco because you can't get any heat or grip from them.

I'm more in favor of getting together and doing some off-season testing of these parameters to prepare for next season though.

A last point of reflexion, or how let speak my contradiction spirit...

What is boring us more?... the time too long past in pit.
Then why want we going pit more often? And so, tires wear x2 and fuel consumption x2 are they good idea, in the measure which it leads us in the pit more often?

Now, if benefits of this news measures are more important than disadvantages that represent many pitstops, why not?
But i'm not realy sure of this postulate.

Fabrice, of course we don't want to "waste" time in the pits. We just try to find a way to get a good balance between different strategies, so we will see different ones in the future.

I agree with leaving last race as it is and testing things in the off season step by step, starting with disabled pit speed limit. In this manner Anthony is right, we should use a track with a longer pit lane.

I prefer not to change the rules for this season.We can use in anycase a different strategy, time lost at pit its same for all in more Monaco is not a place where lost so many time in pit but is MORE important finish race with car in health:).Another reason is what say David about hard tires no heat/grip and what say Anthony supersoft for only 4/5 laps?.So ours choice is between Soft and Medium not many chance for put PEPPER:wink: in ours season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back