Free 2 Play

this is strange:rolleyes: this is right at the bottom of the page...
Additionally, SimBin is happy to inform that the company is working on a Free2Play game platform. Further details will be revealed later this year.....:)
Does this mean gtr3 will be completed soon, as its still only a small team:D

Can't be, that would be just stupid. AFAIK Raceroom hasn't been really succesful with free2play ghost timetrials, thats not what sim enthusiasts, the target audience, is looking for. First it looked gmotorish but the rest doesn't look like it. Probably they've taken a lot from gmotor to their new engine but that is the main thing we are waiting for, we don't care what the box say, we want Lizard! Or what-ever they decide to call it, i really have not be up to date with SimBin development lately. But from a modder point of view, nothing really radical, this all can be achieved with gmotor2 with some native code added like DX10/11 support so don't get your hopes up too much. The promo said "new technology" so i'm hoping that's not just an empty catchphrase, for me SimBin means precision and their own engine could be just wonderful. Not forgiving wonderful, which they water down a bit to get more casual gamers due to pressure from marketing department. Being a "mod company" mod support should be there too so best quality mods will take it to the level we all hope.. Which is somewhere closer to iRacing than NFS, but not far from predecessors, i hope.. GTR2 ->Race07 is very natural, you can spend days with GTR2 and hop right in Race07, within two laps you're in.

Can't be, that would be just stupid. AFAIK Raceroom hasn't been really succesful with free2play ghost timetrials, thats not what sim enthusiasts, the target audience, is looking for. First it looked gmotorish but the rest doesn't look like it. Probably they've taken a lot from gmotor to their new engine but that is the main thing we are waiting for, we don't care what the box say, we want Lizard! Or what-ever they decide to call it, i really have not be up to date with SimBin development lately. But from a modder point of view, nothing really radical, this all can be achieved with gmotor2 with some native code added like DX10/11 support so don't get your hopes up too much. The promo said "new technology" so i'm hoping that's not just an empty catchphrase, for me SimBin means precision and their own engine could be just wonderful. Not forgiving wonderful, which they water down a bit to get more casual gamers due to pressure from marketing department. Being a "mod company" mod support should be there too so best quality mods will take it to the level we all hope.. Which is somewhere closer to iRacing than NFS, but not far from predecessors, i hope.. GTR2 ->Race07 is very natural, you can spend days with GTR2 and hop right in Race07, within two laps you're in.
Does look a new engine to me, whether that means Lizard or not i'm not sure. It could be ISI's latest engine for all we know but i have a feeling it's an in house engine. I don't think that gMotor could do that in all honesty. It looks quite similar to Forzas graphical style IMO and so a newer engine. Only gripes i could get at apart from the F1 sound for the BMW is the wheel animation looked like it was taken from a replay rather than live in game so replay fidelity needs more. And also i'm not sure on the greenish filter almost BF3 style it seems to have applied. Possibly done in Video editing software though but other than that really good and certainly has caught my attention more now. Very good trailer

I really don't care what game engine it uses or is based off of.. it looks incredible, especially the lighting, just give me more SimBin goodness! My only gripe with the video is at the 1:00 mark, the body of the Aquila goes through the ground and looks really strange =(. Also the sound of whatever motor that BMW is using sounds pretty spot on (RIP):

Iirc its still the Gmotor 2 engine. But inhouse build lighting that does wonders. :)
Looks indeed nice. I only dont think its gonna be a sim like we all expect it to be in terms of racing. Think its going to be more a time trial sort of game. Judging on the (single) cars and tracks we see in screens and videos and keeping in mind the old Raceroom game. :)

Iirc its still the Gmotor 2 engine. But inhouse build lighting that does wonders. :)
Looks indeed nice. I only dont think its gonna be a sim like we all expect it to be in terms of racing. Think its going to be more a time trial sort of game. Judging on the (single) cars and tracks we see in screens and videos and keeping in mind the old Raceroom game. :)

That's interseting mate so it may well be the Lizard engine as that was built around Gmotor right but with obvious lighting advances that are clear to see here which the original gMotor is just not capable of. Also, i think you may be onto something here with the single cars in the video, maybe GTR3 is still possible for the real experience. Either way i want to drive that zimmer on that hill climb, looks awesome.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back