Fredric Aasbø's Formula Drift Toyota Supra

True. But allthough it can't be perfect, it can probably be better than it is right now. Just maybe not with the current versions of Racer :(
I was more praising you you for releasing it, warts n all, althoug the warts are more in the sim than the car.ini as you say. I know about those warts, they are pretty ugly on Gravedigger as well.

One day we won't have anything to gripe to Ruud about. [/dream]

Faen du er rå Fredrik. Syyk bil. Må bare testes!
Tomorrow it´s bear and drifting at my place! Must try this beauty....
Only have one question Fredrik..
Wich v or Racer are your cars compatible with. Got some wierd shader prob with the Sierra and M3..?

Faen du er rå Fredrik. Syyk bil. Må bare testes!
Tomorrow it´s bear and drifting at my place! Must try this beauty....
Only have one question Fredrik..
Wich v or Racer are your cars compatible with. Got some wierd shader prob with the Sierra and M3..?

Takk for det :)

Not sure what you're doing with a bear at your place. Who are you? Lars Monsen :D

Anyway, I dont really know what versions goes with what car. The RS500 and the M3 were both released for 065. A shader was released seperately. I haven't tested much, but they seem to have handling issues in the most recent betas.

This car is for the latest beta, and might not work in older versions...

Thanks dude. Need to point out that it's not all my work.

Could not have done anything without the help of Some1, Jole, TtR, Whippy and Cosmo°!

Thank you FSR, for making this mod. I tested the car last night and other than not being able to see much (need to adjust seat/cameras/view heh), I love the way this car feels. It's dead in the middle of many other good, but not great drift sims and games. And you can really feel how much work you have put into the grip/slide/drift.

The accellerator is pure joy to press, this is the first sim I've ever played that felt like a real gas pedal.

Now tonight, to download tracks!!!!!!!!

Takk for det :)

Not sure what you're doing with a bear at your place. Who are you? Lars Monsen :D

Anyway, I dont really know what versions goes with what car. The RS500 and the M3 were both released for 065. A shader was released seperately. I haven't tested much, but they seem to have handling issues in the most recent betas.

This car is for the latest beta, and might not work in older versions...

Doh.. My English suck.... I know. I ment beer! Mmmm

i feel ashamed....the car is great...but i can't drive it.....i can't drift... :(
every try ends up in a spin after 20-50m.....

Don't be, I couldn't either, and AI drove it even worse. Then I did as FSR mentioned, change the diff type=3 and commented out optimal_slipangle in Pacejka. It was then drivable, more a major improvement, and controllable in drifting. In fact it's easier drifting round a corner than driving it

Hi All,
I know I am rather new at Racer, but I have a few questions. I got Aasbo's car running great, linking Rudskogen and Carlswood just fine. Love the control. My question is on tracks. I downloaded a few from racer-Xtreme and this forum, but is Carlswood (the default track) the only hi-res track that works on Racer? All the other tracks I found including Rudskogen need to be run with Racer NOCG version or he bloom goes insane and it's undrivable. Is this what I will find? Is this the best I can get for Racer? Are there any completed tracks that look good like Carlswood?
Carlswood also lags a bit with me. I am getting 60-80fps, but its still jumpy like it was running about 18fps. I have the bloom off, view distance to medium, textures at medium and no difference. Is this due to OpenGL issues?
sys specs:
Intel C2D E6420 2.13x2
3gb DDR2 667 Ram
XFX GT240 + BFG 8600GT (as PhysX)

With this old of a game I should be getting 150fps running like greased lightning, I would think.

Last question: Do you guys only play this by yourselves? I have seen no servers online in a whole week...

Don't be, I couldn't either, and AI drove it even worse. Then I did as FSR mentioned, change the diff type=3 and commented out optimal_slipangle in Pacejka. It was then drivable, more a major improvement, and controllable in drifting. In fact it's easier drifting round a corner than driving it
Wierd, within 4 laps I could link the entire track...stock setup out-of-the-box...

Regarding the tracks: a new type of shader system was introduced to Racer, which caused all the older tracks to be pretty much obsolete. That's why they look like crap! At the moment there aren't a lot of CG tracks - but basically any tracks you see on this forum is usually the newer compatible ones :)

And regarding the lag: open your racer.ini (if it appears very messy, open it in wordpad instead of notepad). Ctrl+F (find) and search for "auto_exposure". Then underneath that you should find "enable=1" - change that to 0. That should fix it :)

And Racer isn't exactly old, it's been in development for a long time but new versions are released relatively regularly - so it's got some pretty modern stuffs.

And yeah, I did see a server (Dream Factory's I think) hosted, but there was only myself and some AI bots. With a server running you're more likely to find people.

Hope I helped! :D

Thanks for the help, I will edit the .ini tonight and try it. I would really like to try this car with another person and see how it behaves at close quarters, wide-open throttle, sideways, on someones door. :)

Thanks for the help, I will edit the .ini tonight and try it. I would really like to try this car with another person and see how it behaves at close quarters, wide-open throttle, sideways, on someones door. :)

Why editing the ini if the car is great just like it is? the gears feel like short, but the rest is nice! I can race with you if i'll have time ;)

Thx FSR for that awesome release, it still needs some work here and there, but is comming along!

I made some lights to it for night Touges :)
here are the shots :D
32214916.jpg

46015251.jpg

here some action :)
51468595.jpg

34759651.jpg

84731616i.jpg

I think he meant racer.ini.

Gears are short due to the actual diff ratio Fredric is running.

And you're welcome :D

yeah, thx FSR, I missreaded something xD

BTW FSR, did you said that you'll release some tweeks for the racer.ini, to drive the car more properly?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back