Fraps v DXtory

I don't know a lot about video capture but thought I'd like to try it. It looks like it is a 2 horse race unless there are any others I should be looking at. My idea, is to record my woeful racing lol and put it on my you tube channel for constructive critism/advice etc. Not just for this though, would just like to record stuff.

Cheers

Haven't used DXtory and I've heard it said a lot that Fraps is getting on a bit now so that's all I can input into the debate. I've used Fraps for quite a while and never had any real problems with it aside a lack of options.

Not doing very well with any of these video capture. MSI I didn't know where to start after I'd downloaded it as there was no recording options. DX tory just froze up and wouldn't work and fraps just slowed the framerate down to 20 fps and stuttered like hell. So all in all, ****!

Not doing very well with any of these video capture. MSI I didn't know where to start after I'd downloaded it as there was no recording options. DX tory just froze up and wouldn't work and fraps just slowed the framerate down to 20 fps and stuttered like hell. So all in all, ****!

Set FRAPS to half size video & lock @ 50fps and try again.

Here is Youtube guide to Afterburner and there you find many other guides too->

You need quite powerfull computer for video capture. My Fraps settings are 1280x720 @ framerate 30fps. Lower the resolutions if it still stutters. Aferburner should "run" better and faster than Fraps.

Last edited:
Remember your system has to be able to run the game and record at the same time.Also, turn forceless RGB capture off in Fraps, this slows your pc down massively and doesn't produce any quality gain.

Here is Youtube guide to Afterburner and there you find many other guides too->

You need quite powerfull computer for video capture. My Fraps settings are 1280x720 @ framerate 30fps. Lower the resolutions if it still stutters. Aferburner should "run" better and faster than Fraps.

Cheers, but msi is complicated and the video didn't show me how to record only how to set it up and then after I'd stopped the program, it kept freezing up for some reason. I'll try fraps for now as it seems idiot proof for me lol.

Remember your system has to be able to run the game and record at the same time.Also, turn forceless RGB capture off in Fraps, this slows your pc down massively and doesn't produce any quality gain.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Why when I record in fraps and try to play in windows movie maker, I get sound but no picture? why is everything with pc gaming so bloody complicated, wish I'd stayed on console now! |I just wanna play and record but it's all a big bloody hassle trying to do anything be it downloading mods, getting games to work properly, triple screen, it's just so complicated!!!!!!!!

Why when I record in fraps and try to play in windows movie maker, I get sound but no picture? why is everything with pc gaming so bloody complicated, wish I'd stayed on console now! |I just wanna play and record but it's all a big bloody hassle trying to do anything be it downloading mods, getting games to work properly, triple screen, it's just so complicated!!!!!!!!
I'm calm.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing