• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU FR3 @ Imola - Thur 05Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 05-10-17
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    Yes it is

2. Fabrice Bourguignon

Fabrice Bourguignon
    Gorace.fr Premium

Ratings:
    +118
    Thank's but I can't do it. I m training with thay this afternoon

3. Fabrice Bourguignon

Fabrice Bourguignon
    Gorace.fr Premium

Ratings:
    +118
    I changed few things on setup forthe race 2 then undriveable.
    I thought it was more reasonable to stop in pits.
    I have to familiarize myself with R3e.

4. Christoph Müller

Christoph Müller
    Premium

Ratings:
    +303
    great races:thumbsup:
    great combo:thumbsup:
    great race Balazs Polgar and Steve Kenwood:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  5. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium

Ratings:
    +511
    That was CRAZY FUN! I managed P4 in race 1, my best result in a long time.

I really like the track. The F3's sure are fun but a handful to drive! So much that early in race 2, I was fighting the wheel through one of the corners and I heard and felt my TX wheel SNAP! Then I crashed off track.:confused:

20171005_163311-1.jpg
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    You can see in the pic, I some how managed to cause one of the three screws holding the wheel in place to the wheel base to snap off! I can't even find the Damn screw! Lol

I stayed on the race for a couple laps to see if my wheel still works. It does, but upshifts with the right paddle shifters is not hitting the internal button well because that screw is missing. Gotta find a new screw:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Thanks for the fun racing guys!

• Wow Wow x 4
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,360
    My first race in these cars and I did ok but the pace up front was mighty, well done to the podium finisher in both races. I think I got into the 41's at some point but still way off the pace.

I used to hate Imola in the Grand Prix games as I could never get that chicane right at the top of the hill and I was still hopeless at it tonight! l think I was losing about 1.5s through there alone, lol

As usual losing tonnes of time under braking so still need to work on that. :)

Will certainly try these again but hoping for circuit that I like a little more next time...it'll probably be Macau :laugh:

Thanks for setting up the event :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. SimonS

SimonS
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    I bought the car about 10 mins before the race and it showed. I gained a couple of spots through people spinning but not much wheel to wheel action. I think I may have cut across Bjorn at some point - sorry ld got loose going over a curb and not on purpose.
    2nd race I was far too cautious on the first lap but picked up a few spots and found a bit more speed towards the end. Overall my performance deserved a p45 and some cough sweets but still had great fun! Thanks all.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +492
    Well that was eventful... for some reason I cannot do a proper first lap in these cars... In the first race, I overshot all of the first 4-5 corners, then ended up in the gravel and dead last, including some dodgy manoeuvers to get back on the track, sorry about that :x Then I kept trudging and made some more mistakes, but racing the pack was really enjoyable and clean, so congrats to everyone for keeping in clean in a car that's proved to be a handful.

Race two didn't start much better. I forgot to put the car in gear and was passed by about 10 cars before the first corner... then things stabilized a bit with a few mistakes here and there. Once again, still very enjoyable and clean! Had plenty of good scraps with @Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan, great driving mate!

I'm surprised to have liked the race despite my terrible driving, so I guess deep down the car/track combo must be fun.

• Like Like x 4
  9. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +56
    @Andrew Harper sorry for the tap at the beginning of the second race, I braked very late and couldn't see your car anymore, so I left as much space as I could through the chicane, but then I saw you received a drive through.:redface:

It was my first online event with the FRR3, this car-track combo is brutally challenging, this little monster is twitchy enough on its own, but when you get close to someone's back, it loses so much front grip... Both races were a bit messy from my side with a few significant mistakes, but overall I enjoyed the event, thanks for the battles everyone!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,212
    Well, well, my second RD podium I believe. And this time it wasn't in race with 5 people (or so) either. I'm really happy about that, even though it was mostly luck - with no chance of catching the guys in front and nobody breathing down my neck, I pretty much spent the majority of the race safely hotlapping (though I lost it a bit in the last lap I believe, as is customary for me, but thankfully I had a bit of a gap at that point, so it didn't really cost me anything). I hope the overtake in the chicane wasn't too aggressive, @SOLO59 - I noticed you had a bit of a problem there, but I tried to leave you as much room as I could.

The second race it seemed everybody was afraid of me or something as several people were just letting me go :confused: And you obviously had a reason to be afraid, as I so expertly proved a few laps later in the Acque Minerali... Stepped on the brakes a bit too suddenly and went sliding over the grass and then sadly right back on the track, collecting several cars in the process :rolleyes: Apologies for that mess... It left me a bit confused about who did I actually hit and who to wait for, and it took me a while to get going. Managed to have a nice little battle with @Calvyn White eventually, though the Acque Minerali curse stuck me once again - I got a bit too overconfident trying to pass Calvyn there, which I did (mostly because he seemed to have way more sense than me at the moment and actually slowed down for the corner ;) ), only to find myself on a completely unfamiliar line through the corner, running wide and then getting some air after hitting those nasty sausages there... Oh well, like I said, served me right, it wasn't the brightest idea to go for an overtake there.

But definitely great fun. Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 6
  11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,360
    Don't worry my friend. Both my races were a bit messy as well. I was annoyed with myself in race one as I had a top ten on the cards then got a massive tank slapper towards the end of the race. Shame about the drive through in race two but that's the way it goes. Hope to race with you again soon :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +492
    Oh and I tried to pass @Calvyn White in the first race but he was weaving on the front straight like an 87 year old woman driving to church ;D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 5
  13. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +822
    So you did not overtake take me then.:roflmao: this 87 year old woman weaving down the backstreet was preventing you do get into my draught. My 110 year old ex world champion mother said it's a good tactic. Not too bad for an 87 year old woman, but I still didn't make it in time for church, as I saw some lovely wild flowers on the side of the track which I decided to pull over and pick some.:roflmao: Which I like to call, a senior moment.:O_o:

• Haha Haha x 6
  14. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    You mean that the nut behind the wheel has a screw loose:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 4
  15. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    Nice racing guys with battling pairs in both races right to the end.
    Looked pretty intense at times.
    Congrats to the podiums and to all for some good clean fun.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  16. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +325
    Hi
    Congrats to all podium players, and thank you
    all for the most fun I had in a long time.:D
    I was totaly wasted after race 2.:sleep:
    Only regret is when I came to close to Ross in race1:(:(:(
    Great thank you to all admins for making this
    possible :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

See you all on track soon:)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Yep, that was some great racing! I think I was running in 4th or something in race one, pretty much on my own with nobody nearby. Then all of a sudden there was a car in front of me facing backwards... BOOM. I lost loads of places but it turned out to be a good thing, because I then had a cracking time fighting with people for the rest of the race! Much more fun than hot lapping on my own. The same could be said for race two, except spinning off the track to put myself in the pack was my own doing that time. (Not on purpose, I assure you!)

Great stuff anyway guys, congrats to the podium! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,360
    Sorry @Kenny Paton I didn't get chance to answer you last night on TS.

I didn't get any disconnects but I did get a brief moment at the start of race one with high ping readings.

The cars in front of me were going from 43-450 in the name headings and at the start I was losing people (albeit briefly).

Once the race started I don't remember the issue happening again.

I had no issues in race two.

I just recently fitted a much newer version of the wifi card into my laptop and although the signal strength is almost the same the stability of the connection is much much better.

I can't really use a cabled connected due to the location of the router and my PC but I have a cable as backup in case any issues get really bad (or I have no people to worry about tripping over the thing! :) )

Glad I did the upgrade though, much better than the previous card.

So I assume the issue was me but just letting you know :thumbsup:

I don't seem to have any issues with any other titles (the F3 race the night before on AMS seemed fine) so I just assume it's the way R3E maybe operates it's connections.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    Thanks Andrew for letting us know, although we have the ping set at it's highest level it seems that anytime it goes over there's a hiccup.
    At least it didn't spoil your race.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium

Ratings:
    +511
    That overtake of yours was pretty well done! You somehow managed to leave me enough room and I somehow managed to avoid wrecking myself! That was good solid racing!

True..... I managed to find the screw but I ended up using another (longer) screw. As for the ACTUAL nut behind the wheel, well "he" looses screws like crazy all the time!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2