• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU FR X-17 @ Sepang - Sunday 03Dec17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03-12-17
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,742
    This is somewhat off-topic but I thought I would mention it.

Sign-ups are open for the next RDTCC which begins in January! It's going to be using the DTM 2016 in R3E, and will run across six tracks bi-weekly. There are only 42 slots in total, and the majority of those are already taken so don't delay! Get yourself signed up now! Click here for more details. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lukas Popelka

Lukas Popelka
    Ambitious but rubbish Premium

Ratings:
    +68
    In please :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robert Severikangas

Robert Severikangas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    Sign me out, got a bit much to do

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +658
    Ok Robert, thanks for letting us know :thumbsup:

5. Matt Le Gallez

Matt Le Gallez
    AMS Club Race Organiser Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +247
    Sign me up please

• Like Like x 3
  6. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +658
    You're in :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +697
    In please;)
    Thank you

• Like Like x 3
  8. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +56
    Sign me up please!:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Menos

Menos
    MA Racing #48 Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    in please

• Like Like x 1
  10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,208
    Well, OK.

;)

• Like Like x 4
  11. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,236
    Just a little heads-up, I might suddenly drop out of the race. Been getting random BSODs for the last couple of days, and have yet to find out why :/

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,359
    Just for what it's worth buddy. I have Windows 10 and it did a pretty large update Thursday night.

Been having issues since then (AMS crashing, Raceroom crashing in 64bit). Reinstalled the graphics drivers from scratch and I think I cured it but at the moment can't be 100% sure.

Windows 10 has this nasty habit of replacing the drivers with their own and messing up my PC! :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    You can prevent windows from updating third party drivers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,236
    Yeah, I suspect it being due to a windows update. Had one a couple of days ago which also updated my gpu driver, and also ****ed up a couple of other things. Uninstalled it and put the Nvidia one back on yesterday, but had another BSOD right after it.

I should have 3rd party driver updates disabled, but Win 10 likes to undo settings. Also had set my connection as metered to prevent it from downloading updates automatically, but Windows unticks this option with every other update. Not to mention that it still downloaded updates if it thought them to be crucial.

Edit: just checked it, and it indeed had changed back to update 3rd party drivers...

15. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +204
    It looks like you have malware on computer called Windows 10 ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,208
    I actually don't think you can. I know that when I was using the DFGT still, I had everything turned off on a level beyond what's available for the regular user, and it still replaced my DFGT drivers on bigger updates.

17. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    You've got to check it after every update because they switch things back on, In my senile old brain I believe W10 is Microsoft's way of trying to control the world:whistling: Think of all the poor souls who got a Windows phone.

18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,208
    Nah, they got what was coming to them, no pity ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +316
    With reference to the above post's you can indeed STOP windows updating ..I have had to do it myself....well I guess I should say its a work around to the problem.

However, there is no easy option in windows 10 to do this, like there was in previous versions of windows ...

You basically have to stop the "service" but, windows 10 uses a "stacking system" so when you turn the service back on, it will install all the updates, you can not pick and choose ....lets say whilst the service was turned off, 10 updates were released ..update 1 update 2 update 3 and so on ...you can not install update 3 only, or update 3 before 1 ...windows will install them in the exact order they were released and ALL of them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  20. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    There was a rumour a few years ago that navidi was going to bring out operating system purely for the purpose of gaming for the PC. But I do believe Microsoft put a stop to that as they do to every company, burn them out or buy them out. I do believe Microsoft drag navidi through the courts for a number of years until they gave up on the idea. I really think Microsoft should consider multiple operating systems for certain purposes including the option of multiple booting. But I guess until that happens will have to put up with what we got that's design for multiple purposes.:( Which is always going to be problematic

• Agree Agree x 1