FPS Issue. Why?

Hi all. I wonder why my game runs at 30 fps with a 280 and i54690. I have race with 9 IA otherwise it is awful. And i'm using not ultra settings!!!
Can you help me? It's ridiculous, i run AC at 60 with 23 AI....
Thank you for wasting time for my issue.
Alessandro

Hi all. I wonder why my game runs at 30 fps with a 280 and i54690. I have race with 9 IA otherwise it is awful. And i'm using not ultra settings!!!
Can you help me? It's ridiculous, i run AC at 60 with 23 AI....
Thank you for wasting time for my issue.
Alessandro
I don't have the time at the moment to track down all of the other threads on RD that has talked about optimizing GSCE but in a nutshell, GSCE should not run any worse than AC. I have AC, and many others, GSCE will run great and look very good. It isn't anymore of a resource hog than the others.
This comment isn't of much help to you, but there are a lot of posts on RD regarding this topic, I have personally read them all. A number of the suggestions has helped my GSCE look and run very well.

EDIT: I have never used any non-standard DLL's like the wombat dll, I haven't found it necessary.

no, i tried everything. full setting at start is always 30, both with Full and with Low, and by night 7... without AI i'm able to do 120. Processor work at 33%, don't know the problem. Maybe @Reiza Studios can give me a hint. This game is so good but unplayable.

i had fps issues with this, which in a way stopped me playing.. For some reason the poorest visually looking game of them all, runs the worst. On replays i had drops to 19fps!! i can run rre and ac almost full 60 fps thats on full settings. This has trouble with the vees and certain tracks and replays.. I gave up. as to get this game smooth a lot of quality has to be sacrificed, and to be honest other games look better and race just as well..

i had fps issues with this, which in a way stopped me playing.. For some reason the poorest visually looking game of them all, runs the worst. On replays i had drops to 19fps!! i can run rre and ac almost full 60 fps thats on full settings. This has trouble with the vees and certain tracks and replays.. I gave up. as to get this game smooth a lot of quality has to be sacrificed, and to be honest other games look better and race just as well..
What are your specs as I have a constant 60 fps with this game and runs great.

That's the advantage of the consoles, the developers have a well known and consistent platform. With PC's the end users can configure, tweak, build, install, replace, remove, hardware and software components to their heart's content with no quality control. Some problems can be directly related to the developers creation but pin-pointing the other problems can be hard - what works for one may not work for another (but then very rarely comparing red apples to red apples).
There was another post within the last day or so from a R3E/DTM poster that is having problems getting that game to perform well but claims no issues with any other. This thread is problems with GSCE but not with any others... hmmm.
Last night I ran DTM, AC, and GSCE with similar conditions - starting at the back of a 22 car field and using vSync (I use vSync). They all performed similarly. At the start, AC was the worse (40 FPS) for a short period of time but came up to a steady 60 FPS level pretty quickly. R3E/DTM at the start was 50-55 stayed there for part lap then locked at 60 for the rest of race. GSCE started and stayed locked at 60 FPS but dipped to 40 for very brief periods of time when a lot of dust and smoke was kicked up. All were very playable. I am running triples at 5816x1080 with a single GTX780. I could get all to never drop below 60 FPS if I lower some settings but it isn't worth it to me for the brief and playable dips.
I also run pCARS and others, which for me run similarly but depending on variables.
Your mileage may vary but these PC games take tweaking that many don't have the patience for. If it was always the games fault, no one would be having success. If it isn't worth the trouble, then an option is to avoid the games causing issues. All of the above are too good to avoid for me.

Wombats dll fixed a lot of issues I was having with severe stutter at the start of a lot of races.
After that I was pretty much able to turn everything right up without a performance hit (except shadow blur which I kept off).
The only exception was Interlagos Historic, which was hitting the fps in some areas, so for that track I turned down track detail from full to high.
GTX660 - solid fps since.

I did a single race v AI the other day at Interlagos and for some reason going down the pit straight was like watching the skeletons from Jason and the Argonauts (the old one!).
No idea why this is happening.
Will try looking at my shadows settings and report back.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 471 39.0%