FPES S4 - Round 1: Interlagos - Feb 10th, 2010

Next apolagy to Werner , sorry about ramming you from behind on main straight, my only defence is that you appeared laggy all race to me and before I could make out what was happening... contact.

Damn! Sorry about the lagg. Didn't know it was happening. Nothing you could have done. I was running the Presto updater in the background (which ultimately caused my demise). Won't do that again.

Awesome race ! (at least for me :) Well, first of all grats to all finishers in both divisions.
Qualifying wasnt the best.I expected myself in front- or second row but i didnt manage to get in the 107,5s.Towards the end of qualy i was p4 and i was quiet satisfied with that result, until 2 seconds or sth. before the end, 2 guys have beaten my time. :eek: (think it was Martin and Michael)
The start was normal.I nearly got past michael but i lost a little bit of traction, touched him gently and remained 6th. After surviving t1 i pushed hard and i managed to gain p2 without any incidents.Chris was 7 seconds ahead until i made a mistake which nearly ended up in the wall.Despite that i lost 3 places to Martin Anthony and Michael.But this wasnt lasting long as Michael spun and Anthony collided with Martin shortly after i rejoined the track.Their misfortune was my fortune.Back in 2nd place there was no reason to push anymore as the gap to chris was too big.I tried to drive safely the rest of the race.Pitstop went well but then , 1 lap after, chris made a second stop (i really wonder why because i dont think he had any damage and it looked like a stop&go in replay).Being surprised to be in 1st place i just tried to avoid any errors and drive as safely as i could.Chris closed up to me towards the end but didnt manage to come close enought to attack.Without his 2nd pitstop he would have won the race for sure.Well,thats it.Thanks to all lapped drivers for letting me pass easily and a big thanks to the Presto and Racedepartment staff.And thanks to Mak-corp of course for this cool mod. :biggrin:

Interlagos 2010

Congratulations to podium, and thanks to all participants!

Formula 1, it tastes good in your mouth. Everything else feels like driving a minibus now:)

Qualification: P 18, 1.08.534. I'm not faster than that. I got a couple of clean laps and is happy that I came so close to my pb. Everyone I saw was considerate and let those who were on fast laps passed.

Race: P 9. I had expected a worse position, given the strong opposition in the league.
At the start I said to myself, drive carefully so you can run all 50 laps. I was very nervous before the first lap was done, but I was one of the lucky who got through all the difficulties during the initial lap with the car intact.

It was a very exciting journey; I switched positions with Artyom Aslamazyan a number of times during the race. Sometimes I had better grip, then I lost a little grip to Artyom's advantage, it switched back and forth. I commend Artyom for his precise driving style. We touched each other quite light as a feather on a few occasions during the race, but it was no more than that.

I should have bought a lottery ticket yesterday, it was my lucky day. I had some serious incidents, but managed to keep on track and finish the race without repairs.

Many thanks to all administrators and others who make it possible to participate in the best simracing league.

• Robert Adair

Heard this on the radio and thought I'd dedicate it to anyone who had a bad day yesterday.....enjoy!...

Imola 2010

Congratulations to podium, and thanks to all participants!

Formula 1, it tastes good in your mouth. Everything else feels like driving a minibus now:)

Qualification: P 18, 1.08.534. I'm not faster than that. I got a couple of clean laps and is happy that I came so close to my pb. Everyone I saw was considerate and let those who were on fast laps passed.

Race: P 9. I had expected a worse position, given the strong opposition in the league.
At the start I said to myself, drive carefully so you can run all 50 laps. I was very nervous before the first lap was done, but I was one of the lucky who got through all the difficulties during the initial lap with the car intact.

It was a very exciting journey; I switched positions with Artyom Aslamazyan a number of times during the race. Sometimes I had better grip, then I lost a little grip to Artyom's advantage, it switched back and forth. I commend Artyom for his precise driving style. We touched each other quite light as a feather on a few occasions during the race, but it was no more than that.

I should have bought a lottery ticket yesterday, it was my lucky day. I had some serious incidents, but managed to keep on track and finish the race without repairs.

Many thanks to all administrators and others who make it possible to participate in the best simracing league.

Imola :confused: :wink:

after a whole night to think about it, ive come to the conclusion that im an *******, i was far too aggressive and for that i sincerely apologise Tim, ive never been that aggressive before and dont plan top be again, something got the better of me on this occasion could be nerves could be that im d1 now maybe having the whole month to practise made me think i was better than i actually was on the track i dunno but there was no excuse for it , so again much sorrys and ill accept whatever is thrown my way :(

i wont bother putting in a report to admin m8, your report will probably say everything that needs to be said including.... David Turnbull is an idiot.....He should be banned from after event parties.....Hes a liabilty in a fast car......hehe maybe not that much but you know what i mean.

Div 1

First of all I congratulate all of us on the start of champ! It's great to drive f1 cars and particularly this mod! Many thanks to PrestoGP, RD and all responsible persons for this event to happen! :)

Due to lack of time I didn't have a good carsetup, so only 20th in Q, at least my pace in race was better.
But I was lucky this time and managed to finish 10th inspite of all circumstances. Especially the fact that the league became much faster!
My apologies to Nico for the punch on first lap, please sorry!
And the most exciting part was... well I probably should characterize this whole race as great battle with Valter Ostman! Thank you for your pro driving, Valter! That is what I race for!

Thanks to all who execute this fantastic f1 sim its amaizing !!
Q 5 , race was ok and clean for me - founded good stable set , until get ipnotic - was alone 5 sec after 1 pl after spin then lap 18 big oops strait to wall
congratulate to winners and all participate
:)

I just had a look at the replay (mine not the server version). Rob, why did you continue driving without a front wing mate? Do you liek your cars to handle like american V8s? lol

I'm guessing the server replay has the sime timing as mine. If so, fast forward to 2885 and check the view from Nicolas Rouge's car (Div 2 race). You'll see me doing an impression of a helicopter ;)

• Robert Adair

I just had a look at the replay (mine not the server version). Rob, why did you continue driving without a front wing mate? Do you liek your cars to handle like american V8s? lol

I'm guessing the server replay has the sime timing as mine. If so, fast forward to 2885 and check the view from Nicolas Rouge's car (Div 2 race). You'll see me doing an impression of a helicopter ;)

Yes a strange one:redface: after my start line mishap (!!) I was told I had suspension damage . So after trying to press on for a lap or two , I pitted for repairs, in the panic of adjusting the menue I missed the wing damage and I couldn't understand why I was peaking out in the middle of the straight top gear ! I didn't notice much understeer in the corners (I run 25 laps on softs ;) ) but my lap time's sure suffered :( By the time I pitted again the dreaded graphics problems had arose , so I couldn't read any pit menue text).

Yes, I saw you flying very high in the sky, and turning very fast ! They should give points for the most impressive crash:wink: Too bad to end the race like this..

It was not the best race for me I must say, in a way it is quite funny all the misfortune I managed to squeeze into one single race :)

It all started with the start(!) of the race. I think Dmitry spun his car causing his and another orange car to block the path for me into t1. To avoid them I went on the inside very slowly but ended up being stuck on top of the curb! It wasn't the end of the day and I carried on in 21st place I think. Towards the end of the lap Artyom tapped my rear so my car went into a spin. Artyom waited to let me rejoin in front of him. In the first turns of lap two I received a little tap from Daniel Hansson, going into yet another spin. Daniel waited to let me rejoin in front of him.

After this I was able to driver 10-20 laps without any big problems until I got the &#%¤/ freeze. I think it lasted around 10-15 seconds. At lap 30 I went for my pit, but to my surprise the race stewards said I had speeded in the pits and gave me a stop and go! By this time I was a lap behind most of the guys, but I kept on going knowing that every point might make the difference in the end. However, I was curious to see how my team mate Rune was doing, and as I waited for his name to appear on my HUD I drove off the road on the curving straight that leads to start finish line and down the gras-hill.

I finished the race in 13th, and that means 3 points in the bank :cool:

Never the less it was fun to race again and I'm looking forward to the next race at Abu D.

Div 1

What can I say...what a day...
All I can say is driving wearing two jumpers, and a blanket is not 100% fun.
I got one of those strange head colds so went to bed in the afternoon (had day off to have 2 teeth fillings) and got up around 7ish, watched some tv forced down a sandwich and logged in. Decided i was stupidly cold so dressed up and sat about staring at the screen like a small child looks at an ice-cream store...
anyway quali started, got 1st somehow so I thought hmm this will be fun least ill only get rear suspension damage into turn1 :)
Race time, looking through set-ups decided that I was a plank and that all my testing had been done with hard front tyres, quick fix and loaded out.
Race went smoothly, I didn't push just kept a nice pace trying to lap same time. I came upon some back markers who gave way nicely though I must say a couple made life difficult!
When I came across Jim I locked a rear wheel and spun, lost some time but saw I was a good 10+ sec to 2nd. When I pitted I did a very nice thing for Janek, I stayed in 5th gear which makes ur speed limiter speed 80 instead of 60. Realised as I started engine up after mashing buttons to get some fuel in and thought oh *four letter word, begins with F*. Low and behold that smug satirical voice, stop and go...as i came out of the pit lane.
Pitted on next lap, but was more concerned about tyre temps as they cool badly with only one lap on them, thankfully it wasn't a problem. I came out in 4th, time and a Jordan I think were fighting, so I muscled past and set about thinking who the hell is this Janek guy (I was 100% sure Tim was in 2nd for 1st stint, so presumed Janek was running a 30/20 strategy). About lap 35 I realised he wasn't stopping, so picked up the lapping game. As I didn't have the mental capacity to run any faster I prayed he would have tyre trouble. I think his tyres went off a lot as on lap 50 I was up on him into t1. I missed 1st and went straight to neutral, managed somehow to save it as the auto-clutch kicked back in and thought Id just see what came. .4 off wasn't too bad. Shame there wasn't another lap :) . It was mine to lose and I did!
I must say Congratulations to Janek(my spell check wants to call you Janet...) though as it was a solid, solid performance, well done man :)
And also a disappointment to Tim he was looking strong then just disappeared. ( ill read up on that later)
I didn't wait to see what happened, just logged out and collapsed to bed waking up every 2 hours covered in sweat. Crazy day... Today though , slight headache and feeling weak but otherwise 100%...

Ill see you all at Abu :jessica::jessica:

-Chris

DIV 1

Congrats to the winners in both divisions and big respect to all who finished their races!

QUAL=12
(1:08.080)
I was slower than expected. 0.5 sec from my personal best lap... I could not find my rythm, so every lap was rather bad.

RACE=14
I started very well, overtaked few cars, began to brake gently before T1 when my team mate Dmitry Silentov (aka Jet Turtle) appeared right in front of me across the track. I started braking hard and got a punch from behind. Broken rear suspension did not allow to accelerate, so I was slowly driving in 2nd-3rd gears to pits. After repairing and returning on track I was lapped by the leader :(
I had to let all the cars pass, and sometimes I was faster than those who had lapped me, but the rules did not allow me to attack them :( So I just tried to bring my car to checkered flag.... And finally managed to do that =)

Thanks to all the participants for fair racing! Hope to be more lucky in Race 2 =)

Div2

Qualy: not so bad i did 4th, but the other 3 were too much fast.......they were more fast than my PB, so they were out of my range!!! ;)

Race: started well was in 3rd position for 6 laps, then i let Eliezer pass and so i was 4th and was managing my gap...
At lap 11 i was near "ferra dura" and in front of me there was Rob..... he was one lap down, so i try to overlap him fast as i can for not loose too much time to the top drivers, but i misjudge the speed difference between the two cars, and he was in the midle of the line, so for not hitting him i turn left, but i lost the control of the car and i broke a suspension.........it wasn't a Rob mistake, but was only a mine mistake because next time i will do my overlap with more cautious!!! ;)
So when i return on the track i lost 20 second to the top, and for the first laps wasn't easy take again the pace......btw i got the wheel not centered and the car was a bit more nervous, but i was able to arrive to my pit stop without loosing to much time.
when i come out i was at 25 second to the leader, Coen Mulder..... i push hard, but he was also fast, so i gain only few tenth/lap....... at 6 laps to the end i was at 14 second of gap to the top......and i had more than 50 second to the 3rd, so i think to try to manage my car......but it happens what you never expect.....Coen did an error during an overlap and he lost his front wing and all his advantage, and so for me was easy pass him, take 10 second and win my FIRST RACE!!!!!!

Thank you all guys for the night, thank you Nicolai, Eric, Rune and all the staff of PrestoGP and Racedepartment for the leagues and thanks to MAK Corp for the Mod!!! ;)

Div 1

Quali = 21

Race:
Start - I got a good start but was turned round by a spinner so back to last place. Completed the first lap in P18.
Lap 2 - Was Spun on the exit of the Senna S, thankfully no damage
Lap 5 - Up to P15 chasing down Peter with Ayrtom closing fast. Got wide in T4 which gave Ayrtom the run on me into T5 where he made a good pass up the inside, I saw it comming and left a cars width.
Lap 6 - A great tussle with Peter began and continued for 11 laps. I reduced my 7th gear after quali meaning I couldn't take advantage of his
slipstream down the straights which made it very difficult to pass. I did have good traction comming out of the last turn and after 10
attempts i managed to get to the inside on the drive up the hill and along the pit straight, Looked to the right before the braking zone of T1 before taking the line into T1.
That was great fun Peter, very close and fair. There was some lag between us in the race for 1 lap i think.
Lap 17 - After all that hard work i spin in the second hairpin and had to let 3 cars pass safely. Back to P15.
Lap 26 - Made my pit stop. Still in 15th
2nd stint - I was in clean air which ment my 7th gear was good now. Just let the leaders through safely and cruised to the finish
Result - P12

Thanks guys for a enjoyable race, Cya's in Abu Dhabi

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back