FPES S4 - Round 1: Interlagos - Feb 10th, 2010

• Robert Adair

Grats to the podium (both:rolleyes:)

First a couple of apolagies, one to Olli Hirvonen , sorry about the noob like start and the following contact , it appears 40+ practice starts are not enough for me :frown: But I was happy to see you cutting through the traffic with no visible damage:wink:.
Next apolagy to Werner , sorry about ramming you from behind on main straight, my only defence is that you appeared laggy all race to me and before I could make out what was happening... contact. I think I run most of the race with no front wing (that accounts for the engine bouncing off the rev limiter half way down the straight) adding about 3 seconds to my lap time :frown:.I pitted 4 times (thinking positive, no stop & go's:redface:) and still managed to run out of fuel:confused:And of course the mandatory screen freeze with pretty colours, lose off all hud details , yes even fuel load:tongue:(and off course all pit menue text)[ graphics on medium , low res skins installed, wishing I could afford an ATI 5870].....Finished 10th:eek: Can't wait for Abu Dhabi:wink:

I would like to add that to me, hitting another car from behind is unexceptable and should be penalised by starting from the back of the grid next race unless all parties agree it was unavoidable...... we must know there are consequences to our actions.

so your sayin what i brought up then, i was supposed to sit behind you for the rest of the race or until you decided to let me past even tho i was clearly faster at that point and you had no reason to hold me back?

ill apologise for hitting you, theres no getting away from the fact that i hit you, and for that im sorry, but i dont accept that because you were in front of me i shouldnt try to unlap myself, obviously yours and most others tyres were on the point of going at that time, i had just pitted and put on super softs for the last few laps to make up ground on the guys in front, but i suppose i shouldnt have then, i shouldve accepted my race was over from that point with 8 laps to go?

oh and i think you should go back and watch the replay if your still sayin i ran straight into the back of you at high speed, both of us broke, i tried to pull out to overtake u tight as you were wide, i clipped you as i pulled out.

ok well fair enough, but just like you say i cant dictate from behind, then you sure as hell cant dicate to me when my race is over.

leave this for admin to decide, we wont be able to sort this between us, i know i was in the wrong for tryin the manouver, but check back to the lap before, the guy who was following you managed to give me a bit room to get through, but obviously you couldnt.

Div 1

Qualy: P15 - it was another tight qualy once again, and i managed to get P15 to my suprise.

Race: Well this is were I am a bit p***** at my luck, looking at the replay there is a spin up ahead, I brake gently to allow the guys behind me not to be suprised, I go and touch the crash (making soft contact) but Dinca followed by Jim they do a cascade effect and cripple my car. I tried carrying on but the car was undriveble even to get to the pits. So that was it didn't even make it 1 lap specially when I had such great stradegy :wink:.

Looking at the incident I have to say it was just a racing incident, no harsh feeling to anyone.

Yeah i tried to brake but i got 5 or 6 FPS on my screen when i got in T1....to much cars in the same place...and my Video card didnt handeled..:(
I got suspension problems from that contact....i am verry sorry Bruno...:(...Next time i will put my graphics on low/medium...:(
This sucks....bad race.

My race was pants

Got off the line quite well and even lifted to avoid going between two cars (didn't want to put myself or others at risk) so cruised down to T1, braked nice and early and heading into t1 at a snail's pace, someone came together in front and the car in front of me hit them, stopped dead, I hit him (not hard) the car behind me hit me (again not hard) but this gave me some rear damage, but I thought I could deal with it, I had a spin after having to take to the grass to avoid a spinner at Juncao (T12), I then spun myself exiting the second hairpin (T10) and got bad damage, wheel at 90deg kinda damage, so I pitted and got it fixed, by which time I was a lap down.

I was out behind Peter for ages but could not pass because although being a "bit" faster I dare not risk it, and besides I probably wouldn't have built a gap quick enough b4 the blue flags kicked in and would have had to yield again, then the leaders started approaching so I had to let each one past, when this happens it's all over cus you just keep going backwards, there's nothing you can do

after about 35 laps of this I had lost the will to live and ended up hitting the wall at Juncao, with terminal results.

So fairly crap really, but I'm not too down, things can only improve

Jim

Yeah i tried to brake but i got 5 or 6 FPS on my screen when i got in T1....to much cars in the same place...and my Video card didnt handeled..:(
I got suspension problems from that contact....i am verry sorry Bruno...:(...Next time i will put my graphics on low/medium...:(
This sucks....bad race.

You can also install the low res skins. That helps alot. :smile:

No worries, we'll both put reports in and leave it to the Race director.

np just dont be going away thinking i ment to hit you, im gutted that i did, ill take whatever punishment that comes my way, after all i hit you.

most of my frustrations got took out in this thread, im sorry for that and again im sorry for the contact.

maybe someone could clear up the unlapping rules to me, am i allowed or am i not allowed to unlap myself? or am i allowed only if the guy in front allows me to?

• Robert Adair

Thats great Jim and I think I earnt one of those cigars too :rolleyes:

Hej

Race was not exactly what I expected, my wife was ill and my daughter was ill and my computer was sick: (my game hakede all was not well received first the game to act before a kvater before q: ( not good.

Q I think was 12, drove me up quickly on a 6 space
but then my game off 2 sec, it was done suspention: (it happened to me again so not too good.

But Gz two top 1-2-3

Gz to my teammate Janek: =)

PS: My english is the best so hope you can understand it: =)

I will be back for the next race.

Mark Sørensen

• Martin Flöck

I am really sorry Martin \"Moosh\" for ending your race this way ,i know sorry won’t help but i really feel bad about it., we both were running solid at the front and would never take any additional risk , but honestly i do not know exactly what happened on that turn, your car suddenly slowed pretty much just before the normal breaking zone and I did break hard and even shifted quickly to avoid any contact with you but somehow that incident was not avoidable..
I tried to wait for you but obviously your suspension was damaged.
Looking forwards for another good fight with you on track :rolleyes:
Cheers

no worries anthony ... forget it !
i watched replay, i braked at the usual brakepoint :tongue:

cyas on track :smile:

Moscht

• Luca Filippini

:(...yesterday i was ready to go and then??? my ALICE 20 MEGA died!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's the internet connection) **** you telecom italia!!!!!! :( now i'm writing from the university connection :(...i was really happy to use my own skin but...this is what happen when you are ready...the rest is not ready! :( i've missed my first race with F1 i apologise to Nico because probably my spot was free and maybe someone wanted to race and he couldn't :(....next time guys and: grats Mattia for your first win!!!!!!!! he's keeping high the prestigious name of Team Italy!!!! :D :D

My race was really nice, after that qualyfication i start the Race from P4. After some probs with my tires im really happy with P3 at the end.

Gratz to the Podium and Thx to all for a nice Raceday

OK have settled enough to watch replay LoL:tongue:

Got a decent start and pick up a couple of places, coming in to turn 1 i was level with Werner and his car shoots to the left as if i hit him but i seen no contact made, unfortunatly due to this he hits Anthony and bounced over infront of me but fortunatly i was on the brakes for t1 anyhoo so no damage, thank fook.

At T8 i underbraked and stayed out wide due to this but Werner underbraked also and nudged me in the side, after skimming past he seems to hit Valerio in the bacvk end (although i dont see contact on replay) and stops dead resulting in me meeting his RL tyre and loosing front wing. from there on in its history due to my own blunders :frown:

again im sorry if i got in anyones way and sorry Werner if i did contact you at T1 but it didnt look like it or feel like it but as i said my force feedback was wonky till after T3 when i restored it with alt-f im sure or ctrl-f, cant remember it was all panic LoL.

Grats to all that finnish and better luck next time to all who dont :biggrin:

Ah, I've had that before in the F3000 where you don't seem to be touching the guy yet he does get bumped. I can't be upset with that It's a glitch in the game. Close racing is a dangerous business :)

The next incident (haven't wathced the replay yet) I remember coming up on some spinners or something having to take evasive action and locking up trying to avoid crashing which sadly didn't help at all :(

I need to be cautious at a bit of a higher pace into T1. I was too slow, when I think of it now, which is a bad as being too fast.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back