FPES S4 - Round 1: Interlagos - Feb 10th, 2010

not happy at all, i was courtious for every driver who lapped me, yet when i put new tyres on and was way faster and tryin to unlap myself no one would let me past, ended up i hit someone tryin to get past, i dont see why i should show courtesy when others wont thats a total joke, what am i supposed to do just sit behind someone whos going so slow i was in his back seat? totally ruined any chance i had to get back to the guys just in front of me, if i show you courtesy and let you past, then show it back plz dont just block the line.

i won i won my first race!!!! :D

btw need to wait race director coz maybe i cut sometimes and also i get wide sometimes for my suspension problem that i had from lap 6 or 7......anyway grats all the finisher.....!! ;) :D

I was in 3rd, after fighting hard the whole race and David Turnbull ran up the back of me at high speed. I have nothing to say to you David, you need to find another league with that attitude.

Tim.

• Alfonso Clarke

Great battle Werner Van :D 11th with a very wrecked car but still finnish only 1 point is when i was moving over so the people who where lapping me only one person hit me in the back & wrecked my car coen :( i know u never ment it but why i was moving over like i did with everybody else anyway except that i had great fun :D except the last few laps that i had to drive in 1st gear or second :( even thou i was last :D

P.s Some people need to fix there lag etc before they come on the server for a race not fair on others ;)

OK have settled enough to watch replay LoL:tongue:

Got a decent start and pick up a couple of places, coming in to turn 1 i was level with Werner and his car shoots to the left as if i hit him but i seen no contact made, unfortunatly due to this he hits Anthony and bounced over infront of me but fortunatly i was on the brakes for t1 anyhoo so no damage, thank fook.

At T8 i underbraked and stayed out wide due to this but Werner underbraked also and nudged me in the side, after skimming past he seems to hit Valerio in the bacvk end (although i dont see contact on replay) and stops dead resulting in me meeting his RL tyre and loosing front wing. from there on in its history due to my own blunders :frown:

again im sorry if i got in anyones way and sorry Werner if i did contact you at T1 but it didnt look like it or feel like it but as i said my force feedback was wonky till after T3 when i restored it with alt-f im sure or ctrl-f, cant remember it was all panic LoL.

Grats to all that finnish and better luck next time to all who dont :biggrin:

A bit sad so many people had problems/bad luck and didn't finish the race.
But this is a new car to race for almost everyone, so it will get better.

Got a suspension problem in the opening laps and never fixed it because it was not so bad. One stop strategy, drove almost alone the whole race (boring!-) to finish 6th.

• Martin Flöck

great qualy for me, only 0:003 slower than my best time :)
finaly P3, i managed 8 seconds before end of qualy to set this time ... very exciting :)

start was ok, tried to manage a safe start ... so i keeped p3 :)
after some laps i was on P2 .. some laps later i changed after some smal mistakes back to P4 :|
around lap 10 i was again on P2 ... but someone push me out at last corner :(

i was looking forward to a top 3 result :(

same procedure as last season :(

Great race guys,

Let me first apologize to both Paul Crawford and Chirlie Williams - sorry guys!
Paul I hit going into T1 on lap 2. You just vanished and reappeared in front of me, sorry again man.
Chic - on lap 14 i was trying to catch you and simply made a braking error going into T4, just inexperience I guess, sorry pal.

Qualifying was not bad, I managed P7, and the start wasn't too shabby, with me only losing 1 position. Apart from the above mistakes, I'm pretty pleased with the rest of the race.

I made some silly (spin) mistakes towards the end, but thats just tiredness I think.

As a side note, I got quite a bit of lag everytime anyone left or joined the server, and as I've mentioned above, the incident with Paul happened because (I think anyway) of this lag.

Anyway, I'm happy with 8th for my first race!

See ya in Abu Dhabi,

Phil.

(div 2)
P4. Nice race for me. I'll write a more detailed report tomorrow, but now I want to apologize for the guy that I hit from behind trying to overtake him in T6 / T7 arround lap 12 (I think it was Alessio). I waited for him to recover, and was relieved to see that, apparently, he was OK. Sorry again, pal.

Div 2
Im started from last place and after 2 laps Im in 16th . Some skirmishing and nice battle with Hirvonen in lap 22 big lag front me in T8, lost my car in T9 about 8sec wasted lap 22 cut S Senna ( 1762.37 ), step by step after pit and in lap 37 Im in 7th position with ~ 8sec front me and ~ 8sec rear me but in T10 "Bico de Pato" Alfonso Clarke ( 2907 ) lost your car cut my street and pull off my front wing I must back on pit, replace front wing and lost 34sec finished the race in 9th position.Could be better. Next time guys

Race Report

Grats to the podium! (div1)

I wasn't feeling overly confident after the practice start(s), so I entered qualifying with some apprehension.

For those who want to see: http://www.divinestudios.us/uploads/interlagos_practice_start2.wmv

I discontinued my first flying lap and decided to try again a little latter with fuel for 3 laps. My second run, though still congested saw me run a fair time that would secure last place. :tongue:

Deciding I was going to play the long game, I fueled up 150 L and put on the hard compounds. The lights went green and I sat and watched the action for a second or so. I passed several cars carefully and entered T1 in 20th and exited T3 in 17th. By the end of my 1st lap I was in 16th thinking to myself there was no way I could have qualified that well.

Lap 3, 13th and possibly very unlucky for Kemal who would curse my yellow Jordan for the next dozen laps or so. On lap 15 I experienced major internet lag and Kemal was to me jumping all around the place. I was certain he had wrestled the place off me [it sounded like it] going into Turn 1 [hope we did not make contact Husky]. I had a lot fun there Kemal and thank you for the contact free cautious driving; I owe you :smile:

I remember lap 31 when all the leaders flew pass me then I pitted for rubber. Finished in 11th place so I'm on the board. :cool:

Thank you Nico, Rune and all participants - RD and MAK-corp plus the Maker of Mods.:biggrin:

CU then.:cool:

m8 couldnt you see if i was tryin to get past you for near 2 laps, i was a lap behind you, what was i supposed to do? wait behind you for the rest of the race, i tried for 4 corners to get past but yet you kept on the line and held me off as if i was competeing against you, all i wanted was past to continue closing on the folk i WAS racing against, but it was fine when i let you past when you lapped me eh? i move over and be courtious yet no one moves over to let me continue my race?

and im sorry m8, ive competed in presto for 2 seasons now this is my third, so dont try tell me i should find another league, maybe show some deceny like i showed you and move over.

oh and i didnt go right into the back of you at high speed, both of us were slowing down after the double right, you were wide i tried to take tighter, i clipped you, you spun, i waited, then quit.

great qualy for me, only 0:003 slower than my best time :)
finaly P3, i managed 8 seconds before end of qualy to set this time ... very exciting :)

start was ok, tried to manage a safe start ... so i keeped p3 :)
after some laps i was on P2 .. some laps later i changed after some smal mistakes back to P4 :|
around lap 10 i was again on P2 ... but someone push me out at last corner :(

i was looking forward to a top 3 result :(

same procedure as last season :(

I am really sorry Martin "Moosh" for ending your race this way ,i know sorry won’t help but i really feel bad about it., we both were running solid at the front and would never take any additional risk , but honestly i do not know exactly what happened on that turn, your car suddenly slowed pretty much just before the normal breaking zone and I did break hard and even shifted quickly to avoid any contact with you but somehow that incident was not avoidable..
I tried to wait for you but obviously your suspension was damaged.
Looking forwards for another good fight with you on track :rolleyes:
Cheers

David, I watched your whole race in fast forward to try and understand where you are coming from. You span countless times, you were in 16th absolutely nowhere near 15th, you'd done an extra stop because you ran into a wall and lost your front wing. You returned to the track with fresh tyres and 8 laps worth of fuel and expected everyone who had been racing properly to get out of your way? I was in 3rd after having been hit already gone back to 17th and worked my way back up through the feild, just bringing the car home for the final 8 laps. I had 4th place 4 second behind me, and was only 11 seconds down on second. You were at least 40 seconds behind 15th. You then ran straight up the back of me midcorner taking out my rear wing and suspension. It wasn't a tap, you just drove straight into the back of me. Now as I understand it, your waiting for me to appologise to you for ruining your chances of making up 40 seconds to salvage 15th after you spend most of the day on the grass?

Have I understood this correctly?

ok you wanna start the cheap shots thats fine by me, you think i done it on purpose? thats fine by me too, i really dont give a ****, but all it wouldve took is a slight lift to let me past, look at the speed diffrence up till that point and tell me you couldnt have moved over slightly to let me continue.

I'm not saying you did it deliberately. And perhaps I could have let you through at some point. What I am saying is that you dont get the right as a backmarker to dictate terms. I'm also saying what happened was your fault and I dont think its unreasonable to expect an apology. Clearly I'm a bit fired up right now, and tomorrow everything will be cool and we can all be friends again, but the fact that your telling me it was my fault really is keeping me much warmer than cool.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%