1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FoV what's your PoV?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 8, 2009.

1. From the hood[bonnet] view

13 vote(s)
  2. Cockpit, no wheel shown

11 vote(s)
  3. Cockpit with wheel

31 vote(s)
  4. Other, tell us!

4 vote(s)
  1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

All the talk about FoV is nice but without knowing PoV it's kind of meaningless, no?

Personally, I can't see having a great sim and not driving in the cockpit with my wheel in front of me, but how do you feel?
  2. I agree

a sim without a cockpitview isn't a sim.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

4. Cockpit view all the way and I like the wheel being shown, I think with a combination of FOV and seat adjustment you can get a good view in any car.
  5. Swingman (I think) when I first start driving a track. Then i usually try out cockpit view.
  6. Cockpit view with no weel shown i have a weel in front of me no need to have 2 of them in my view
  7. nose view, FOV 85-90
  8. Cockpit. I have a wheel installed mainly because some wheels have a part of dash on it. Arms however are removed.
    fov @ 78 orso..
  9. Cockpit with wheel. I can't see my own wheel when I'm driving, so the ingame wheel gives me a better sense of where the car's pointing. Without a wheel in view in the game driving feels numb to me.
  10. Cockpit with wheel. I feel I can control my powerslides better and drive the car woth better accuracy:tongue:
  11. cockpit with out wheel ,

i use to have cockpit with wheel when i start evo but i just cant now i try with f1 mmg since we got that nice future lcd wheel but fails ... it just to annoying to see that i have a wheel in my hand and to see there 1 in game:(
  12. I generally stick to cockpit view (with wheel) unless I'm using a mod with a particularly odd cockpit view, in which case I'll use the bonnet cam. What I find more relevent though is the fov because if that's set too low then I find the sense of speed is too slow - too high and things start to look a bit trippy.
  13. I Ran cockpit view in the beginning cuz I didn't know any others existed.

NOw its hood view exclusively.
  14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Eric, why?
  15. I like the wider open view and elevated view point. Helps me find those tricky apex areas on flat tracks
  16. cockpit view without wheel. Wheel doesn't fit motions with real wheel so focus isn't always 100% when countersteering etc.
  17. +1
    I always play in cockpit view. I prefer to play without wheel ingame and i set my seat in car to the most near of the dashboard, in order to place my real wheel like it should be in reality.
  18. I used to drive cockpitview but since i tried hoodview i won't go back to cockpitview.
    Imo its easier to see and find apex's.