• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

FOV - What a difference

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Mick Aspinall, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Mick Aspinall

Mick Aspinall
    Premium

Ratings:
    +60
    There is a thread in the AC discussions about FOV. This is not something that I have toyed with in GSC, I have had mine set to default and have adjusted the seat to give me the desired position. I currently run on a 32in TV and sit about 28in away so according to calculations that I found online I worked out that my FOV should be 32. I found this to be a lot closer than I was used to so added +5 to give me 37. Having just spent the last few hours testing a variety of cars and seat positions I can honestly say What A Difference! I think it will take a while to get used to close racing with other cars on track due to less peripheral vision when using a single screen, but the added realism and immersion make it worth the effort to adjust.
    Anyone who is new to sim racing or GSC, do yourself a huge favour and take the time to correctly set up your FOV, it is Definitely worth it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Fernando Zart

Fernando Zart

Ratings:
    +81
    Throw a TrackIR on the equation and be happy! Peripheral vision solved.
    Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1