1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC FOV question

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Angeltheartist, May 13, 2015.

1. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

FOV question....
    I have 2 versions PS4 and PC . My question is why am I able to drop my FOV for cockpit view in PS4 version down to 60 and on PC version i can not go below 89. I'm using triple screen setup on PC. I used the Project Cars FOV calculator and it recommended for 60 FOV for my setup .

2. The FOV limits (lower and upper) are based on resolution. If you used the same resolution on the PC as you have on the PS4 you would have the same upper and lower bounds. What resolution are you running as 60 sounds completely wrong for a triple screen setup. I'm using a bezel corrected 5040x1050 and use 103 for my FOV.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

I have yet to find a setting for FOV in pCars, where do you find this? I've just been using keys I mapped on my keyboard to adjust cars on the fly but have no idea what actual value is being used. I've setup FOV enough in other sims that I really don't need that value, but it would be nice to know where it is.

4. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

Options->Camera and there you can set fov for every available camera position...keep in mind that it is horizontal fov so if you are using something like 33 in AC, rf, gsc, than you will be around 47

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. If you go into the options and help screen, then I think it's under camera...then it gives you the fov value for each individual camera

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Oh. I've not seen "camera" in the options screens, I'll have to look harder. :thumbsup:

7. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I'm sure I told you that in another thread?

8. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Not that I recall, I hadn't thought about FOV until I saw it mentioned. I think it was about a different camera movement. Who knows, I've had a few beers since then. :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1