1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FOV on single screen

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Olivier Mandavy, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Hello,

what is your FOV on single screen?

Mine is 45 on a 27in monitor

I also use a TrackIR device.

2. jwa

jwa

I've been using 55 on a 27" monitor and pretty happy with that. no tracker though. how do you like the track ir?

3. I love the TrackIR.
    Without it, it will be impossible to use such a low FOV

4. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

43 on 22 inches ... sometimes 47

5. 43? How can you set a FOV lower than 45?

6. jwa

jwa

been thinking about the trackir, as going to triples or a bigger monitor is presently out of the question. is it a pain or time consuming to start up when getting ready to race?

7. Very easy to use it but you need a little bit of time to get use to it (you have to turn your head but keep your eyes to the screen).
    Some people feels motion sickness : in my opinion because of a bad profile used (how your TrackIR reacts when you turn your head)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  8. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

oh, sorry ... I was thinking in general :) .. in iRacing I had it on 47

9. I run 60 degrees FOV in iRacing, single 29" 21:9 monitor.

10. I'm interested about a 21:9 monitor, is the feeling good with simracing?

11. Depends on who you ask I reckon :)
    If you're like me, coming from a 24" 16:9, the move to 29" 21:9 was a smooth sailing, cos the 21:9 monitor is about as tall as a 23" monitor. If you however are used to a 27" or bigger screen then you might feel the vertical size to be on the small size. There's ofc the 34" LG monitor out there but that's pricy as hell!
    I love my 21:9 though, for simracing I get an extra 8cm of side vision on each side (16cm total that is) compared to my a 23/24" 16:9 screen, which is great. I love it for Windows too, I rarely run programs in full screen any longer, I usually have two windows open side by side.
    But, for simracing, I'll be getting the Oculus Rift consumer version instead, the DK2 is already such a massive upgrade to any screen solution I've ever tested.