FOV change for the V8's

After trawling through 100's and 100's of posts here, i cant find any help on how to change the FOV for the V8's.
For all of the other cars, the view is great, but i feel i'd like the view in the V8's to be a little bit forward than what FOV 35 can offer.

So now then, the question!
What file would i need to edit to get just the V8's FOV to about 25(ish) but still leave all other cars as they are now.

BTW, im using an AMD HD7970 with 3xEyefinity, and at the moment, it feels like im driving the car from the back seat, even with all of the seating changed etc...

I just change it in the game menu (options). I have the FOV on all cars on 50 and when driving the V8's i set it to "default"

Chris,

it's the StockV8_cams.CAM file, and it's in the LocalCam=COCKPIT section (if you drive in cockpit view), and the line to change is Fov=(60.000000, 60.000000)

It's been a while since I edited this in GSC 2011 so I've lost my edited file, but I just changed both numbers till it looked right (I think I had it around 30,30).
*** Once you've changed it, don't forget to set the view to 'default' in the main menu so that your change shows up in the game.

...it feels like im driving the car from the back seat, even with all of the seating changed etc...

I dont like the driving position at all, but thats how the real car is, sadly. To keep the big V8 in central-forward position they had to move the driver almost to the back seat, as you mentioned. The cockpit is extremely warm too thanks to this 'creative' solution, so these cars have nearly zero-visibility during wet races because of the condensation on the windshield inside. :O_o:

EDIT: this is a picture where you can see the driving position (older car from past seasons, but pretty much the same chassis):

135.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing