1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOV change for the V8's

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Von Butters, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

After trawling through 100's and 100's of posts here, i cant find any help on how to change the FOV for the V8's.
    For all of the other cars, the view is great, but i feel i'd like the view in the V8's to be a little bit forward than what FOV 35 can offer.

So now then, the question!
    What file would i need to edit to get just the V8's FOV to about 25(ish) but still leave all other cars as they are now.

BTW, im using an AMD HD7970 with 3xEyefinity, and at the moment, it feels like im driving the car from the back seat, even with all of the seating changed etc...
  2. GameData\Vehicles\StockV8\StockV8_cams.cam should do the trick.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Cheers bud, I'll give it a go
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I just change it in the game menu (options). I have the FOV on all cars on 50 and when driving the V8's i set it to "default"
  5. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Thats what id use when i was on a single screen but those settings are way out for triple screen (IMHO)
  6. I agree...I use between 24-28 with my triple screens
  7. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

How did you change to that value? I've had a look in the cams config file and tried changing values about but nothing seemed to be different.
    Which value did you alter?
  8. Chris,

it's the StockV8_cams.CAM file, and it's in the LocalCam=COCKPIT section (if you drive in cockpit view), and the line to change is Fov=(60.000000, 60.000000)

It's been a while since I edited this in GSC 2011 so I've lost my edited file, but I just changed both numbers till it looked right (I think I had it around 30,30).
    *** Once you've changed it, don't forget to set the view to 'default' in the main menu so that your change shows up in the game.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Ah, right, there's ma problem, it never occurred to me to use default. That was the setting I was altering and I was wondering what else I was missing.

Cheers folks
  10. I dont like the driving position at all, but thats how the real car is, sadly. To keep the big V8 in central-forward position they had to move the driver almost to the back seat, as you mentioned. The cockpit is extremely warm too thanks to this 'creative' solution, so these cars have nearly zero-visibility during wet races because of the condensation on the windshield inside. :O_o:

EDIT: this is a picture where you can see the driving position (older car from past seasons, but pretty much the same chassis):

• Like Like x 2
  11. I run 30ยบ FoV single screen like a boss.

Might have to do with my unability to race door-to-door :whistling: