FOV change doesn't do anything

Haha did u see the light after all?
Na, lol. It's doing it again. Changed from 7780 x 1440, triple screen, FOV 36, multi-view, to 2560 x 1440, single screen, FOV 50. FOV doesn't change. I exited game and re-entered yet the FOV still didn't change even though in the options it says FOV 50. Is this a new bug / recent bug?

I even used the hot key and the FOV number says it's changing on the bottom-right of the screen but the FOV doesn't actually change. It's like it's locked even if the number it's set to gets changed.

I wonder if switching back and forth between triple-screen and single-screen and/or multi-view on and off messes something up.

EDIT: I fixed it. I think what happens is if you're using triples with the multi-view option and you disconnect or disable the triple monitors and then load the game back up, RF2 will detect and set your single screen resolution correctly but something will be confused and will have the FOV locked. If you just change the resolution (or maybe even just refresh rate) to another one and then back to your desired res, the FOV adjustments will work again.

Last edited:
It's happening again. This is the 3rd or 4th time. It seems there's a bug that makes adjusting your FOV not work when you go from a triple-screen resolution with multi-view (and possibly without multi-view, I'm not sure) and back to single screen.

I've restarted the game 5 or 6 times, changed to different resolutions, etc. but the FOV adjustment from the options menu as well as the hot-key is back to not doing anything despite whatever I set it to.

After loading a session, changing the FOV from the settings menu during the race weekend works for 1 time but as soon as you go back to the pits, the FOV gets reverted back to where it was stuck at before. Also, when you quit the race weekend and go back to the main rFactor 2 menu and go into the graphics settings, the FOV # will show what it was stuck at before even though you changed it during the race weekend.

Last edited:
I went in the config_DX11.ini and changed UseSubViewParams from 1 to 0 (SubViews was already set to 0) but it didn't change anything. My FOV is still for the most part locked to 47 degrees. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
I went into the player.json file and set the FOV there to 80 degrees for testing purposes. I then started the game, went to the graphics settings, and it indeed said 80 degrees. I thought it was fixed. Upon starting a race weekend though, the car's FOV was clearly not 80 but rather the 47 degrees it's stuck on.

Also, when I'm on track and then quit to go back to the pits (not quit the weekend, just to go back to the pits). the pits' monitor shows what would normally be displayed on my right monitor when running triples but just for about 1 second.

It seems like some part of the game still thinks it's on triple-screen multi-view mode or something.

Last edited:
Are you doing all graphics config in Steam, don't do in game.
When I swap 4K Smart TV and 1440p Gsync and boot rF2
without doing config first I get bugs like other day FOV was
saying 9, I use 40-50.

I hooked my other 2 monitors back up. I setup Nvidia surround back up. Since RF2 previously had Nvidia surround setup, I thought if I started RF2 with an Nvidia surround res and multi-view again, that I would then disable multi-view and and change the resolution back to single screen and that would clear out the bug but that it didn't help. The FOV is still stuck at 47. :mad:

Does any one have any advice on how to get my FOV back?

Are you doing all graphics config in Steam, don't do in game.
When I swap 4K Smart TV and 1440p Gsync and boot rF2
without doing config first I get bugs like other day FOV was
saying 9, I use 40-50.
I've changed it in game and out of game.
Rf2 delivering top notch user experience yet again :roflmao:
Everyone loves some tinkering with bugged configs!
A 10 year old game and it even bugs out from simply changing the FOV. It's almost unbelievable.

Last edited:
A 10 year old game and it even bugs out from simply changing the FOV. It's almost unbelievable.
Ah, but the graphics code was completely rewritten 5 years ago and continually tinkered with since then. Not that it's an excuse for new bugs, but it is likely the reason for them.

Na, lol. It's doing it again. Changed from 7780 x 1440, triple screen, FOV 36, multi-view, to 2560 x 1440, single screen, FOV 50. FOV doesn't change. I exited game and re-entered yet the FOV still didn't change even though in the options it says FOV 50. Is this a new bug / recent bug?

I even used the hot key and the FOV number says it's changing on the bottom-right of the screen but the FOV doesn't actually change. It's like it's locked even if the number it's set to gets changed.

I wonder if switching back and forth between triple-screen and single-screen and/or multi-view on and off messes something up.

EDIT: I fixed it. I think what happens is if you're using triples with the multi-view option and you disconnect or disable the triple monitors and then load the game back up, RF2 will detect and set your single screen resolution correctly but something will be confused and will have the FOV locked. If you just change the resolution (or maybe even just refresh rate) to another one and then back to your desired res, the FOV adjustments will work again.

I hooked my other 2 monitors back up. I setup Nvidia surround back up. Since RF2 previously had Nvidia surround setup, I thought if I started RF2 with an Nvidia surround res and multi-view again, that I would then disable multi-view and and change the resolution back to single screen and that would clear out the bug but that it didn't help. The FOV is still stuck at 47. :mad:

Does any one have any advice on how to get my FOV back?

I've changed it in game and out of game.

The latest update, Q1 '23, included a fix to change that 9 to the word DEFAULT. I don't know if that will address your issues, but also, you SHOULD use the config tool when changing monitors with different resolutions and refresh rates.

I used the config tool as well as in-game and text files. I tried all sorts of things over a multiple day period. The game was all whacked and nothing could fix it. In-game hot-key, config tool, in-game options, disabling and re-enabling triple-screen rendering, and all sorts of other combos and things I tried would not fix the issue.

I don't know if any 2023 updates fixed the issue because I replaced my triple-screen 3D setup thanks to Pimax VR and their awesome h.FOV & refresh rates.

Last edited:
Sorry for m'y english. I have the solution to adjuste the FOV when you are in triple screen. Just push this two key (CTRL + =) and a little windows will open with all you can set for your FOV. Distance, angle, bezel and all the parameters you want. !! Unbelivable !!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.