FM4 Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Well guys i have my wheel now and i like it very much! a new problem has arisen, my 2.5 year old 360 is not reading discs properly anymore and any of my games will freeze up during play. I'm using my wheel for pc and i think i like the CSR better than my G25.

I'm thinking I've purchasing the CSR Wheel and pedal combination Fanatec sell for €300 mainly for use with Forza. Hopefully someone can answer a couple of questions for me. Are you forced to use the clutch or can you use it semi- automatic? Also if your using the clutch do you use the paddles for changing gear or would it be better to purchase the CSR shifter set?
I currently use the Microsoft wheel and pedals, and I know the CSR Wheel will be superior but is it worth the outlay?
Thanks in advance.

Ok, wrong thread but didn't want to start a new one.

Can anyone give me some idea for settings for the MS wheel? I know some of it will be personal preference and practise but I think I've hit a wall using a controller, not going to but a CSR unless I win the lottery. The settings I mean are all the deadzone business as I have no idea what it means tbh. At the moment I am slower with a wheel by a few secs a lap so it's not looking promising! Though I did find it useful for driving in F1 2010.

Does deadzone mean it simply doesn't have an effect until you pass it ( as a point of movement on a pedal)?

I must admit when driving with wheel in the Evora, with bonnet cam around Nurburg GP it was much more fun. Off the pace but a pleasant experience. Dread to think what it would be like in race conditions!

Apart from no clutch it was nice to be able to brake and accel at the same time - sound odd thing to do but it sometimes allows you to carry just the right amount of speed on a corner. Might give it a blast on Fri night or possibly in FM4L next week.

Karl, what do you mean by 0%>100%? Get rid of deadzone altogether?

Pedal deadzone I had at 0%>100% and I like to hav no deadzone on the wheel too

The wheel is much better for the faster cars like the dtm's mate
For the slower cars stick with the pad and keep your clutch I don't use the clutch the DTM's
I think a 1% dead zone on the steering helps keep the car from jumping about in reaction to forces being fed by the motor on straights. Also some people who leave their foot resting on the peddles notice that they might be accidentally pressed a bit when you are stressing so they add a 5% dead zone to the beginning of the pedal travel. I don't use DZ on the pedal but do use 1% on steering.

I have had one recently, and if im honest.. it is Brilliant! you know it's a bit special just from the feel of the alacantara around the edge of the hand grips at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions. The wheel will feel however you want it to feel due to the settings available to change one the wheel!

got mine with a wheel stand and cost me £320 overall.. I'd say it was worth it, I also don't use the clutch, hard enough trying to keep up as it is, but it is really enjoyable! even though they will be slower than the DTM cars, im looking forward to trying the Civic out in the championship that has just been setup as it will be a lot of fun.

Have got to have an operation soon, and will be forced to use the pad for a period of 3-4 weeks, but after that i will be going straight back to the wheel as I just feel like that is how I should be playing it now.

I was a big fan of the pad for Forza also, and felt they did an excellent job of making the pad feel very right for the game (something that cant be said for quite a few racing games).

I don't think you can do it which is a shame. I use the bonnet cam and it can cause problems when racing not been able to see cars at the side of you and give them some room going into corners. I've had many a bump turning in on people who might be half a car length behind and on your inside

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back