1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Forza Motorsport: Apex Leaves Beta, Wheel Support List Revealed

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 6: Apex' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Forza 6 Apex Wheel Support.jpg
    Turn 10 Studios have revealed a provisional list of supported wheels for the newly out of Beta Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, and the forthcoming Forza Horizon 3 game.

Although initially pretty light on the number of supported wheels for both games, Turn 10 have announced additional wheels will be added to the list by the end of September, including the conspicuously absent Fanatec brand.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex has been updated and wheel support added today, the update download is available now via the Windows 10 Store page for the game. Sadly H-pattern gear shifter support has not been added as yet for all wheel manufacturers, with Turn 10 stating "H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future."

The studio expect a further update beginning late September will bring support for Fanatec ClubSport V2, Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Fanatec H-patten support will hopefully be included in the future, however no comment has been forthcoming on this subject by Turn 10.

Full list of supported wheels for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 can be seen below:
    • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
    • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
    • Thrustmaster T300RS
    • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
    • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster T150
    • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
    • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Check out the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 sub forums here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions regarding these sims.

Are you happy to see wheel support finally added to Apex? Will this update tempt you to try the sim if you haven't already? Tried the update yet, does wheel support improve the game? Let us know in the comments section below!
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  2. samcar304

Sam Carmichael Staff

Great News! It took a while but they delivered. Can't wait for the next Forza on PC (Not Horizon)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. i was actually excited for this. Until i actually tried to play it lol. Seems it doesnt support having the clubsport pedals with the thrustmaster wheel.. o well

edit: just read the op again and it clearly says support for the csp pedals will come later.
  4. Am I the only one who thinks all cars feel the same? Such amazing graphics with poor physics..
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Finally! Its good to see my old and beloved Momo listed.
    I'm planning a upgrade for a thrustmaster or g27 at an early future but for now, My momo still gimme a lot of fun.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    World's fastest mobile chicane Premium Member

Hopefully they'll have full support for Fanatec wheels coming soon. Their choices on that will make or break my purchasing of any Forza in the future.

Forza has never been known for realistic physics, just the idea of it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. They certainly didn't feel the same on the Xbox One so its hard to imagine they do on the PC version. I can't compare right now though since Apex doesn't support the Fanatec CSW v2 yet.
  8. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Great news,I can finally have a blast with this on my trusty G27.
  9. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

So it will not bother downloading this again until the support for my wheel is there. Then again, I've not missed it since deleting it all those weeks ago. Just itching to get back to AC, AMS and F1 2016
  10. Support for the Fanatec wheel will come later, but rumors are that they will only support one peripheral. So unless your pedals / shifters are connected to the wheelbase, don't expect them to work. (like in Sebastien Loeb rally)
  11. I will test my DFGT.

Is very close to the G25, fingers crossed!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bazooka_Joe

Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium Member

Why Logitech DFGT is not on the supported list? It's still one of the most popular wheels?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Was just wondering if they'd performed any optimisation on this title at all yet?
    Do you still need a 1070/80 GPU and 16GB system RAM to run it at max settings?
  14. Metalogic

Premium Member

I haven't tried it yet, but I assume that means my Fanatec Elite CSR pedals won't be supported yet either? I have a T300 wheel base, so plug the pedals directly into my PC via USB.
  15. No. Same for me. The physics is a real mess.
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Can anyone tell, if some of the updates added FOV settings? While wheel support is great addition, one I have been waiting for, I can't imagine playing it with default FOV, though.
  17. It's seems that the update is not yet available here in France: on the App Store there is a note that the game is no more beta and support wheels, but the game is still beta and not updated so far
  18. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium Member

I'm in the UK and it has not appeared yet... :(
  19. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

I'm in Malaysia so doubt it will ever appear... lol
    Lucky I'm not fussed...
  20. PaulH

Premium Member

I tries this with a pad, WOW! so hard going back to a pad from a wheel :confused: Had to put it down & wait for wheel support. Glad its finally arrived & my wheel supported(TX) :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1