FM6 Forza Motorsport: Apex Leaves Beta, Wheel Support List Revealed

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza 6 Apex Wheel Support.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have revealed a provisional list of supported wheels for the newly out of Beta Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, and the forthcoming Forza Horizon 3 game.

Although initially pretty light on the number of supported wheels for both games, Turn 10 have announced additional wheels will be added to the list by the end of September, including the conspicuously absent Fanatec brand.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex has been updated and wheel support added today, the update download is available now via the Windows 10 Store page for the game. Sadly H-pattern gear shifter support has not been added as yet for all wheel manufacturers, with Turn 10 stating "H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future."

The studio expect a further update beginning late September will bring support for Fanatec ClubSport V2, Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Fanatec H-patten support will hopefully be included in the future, however no comment has been forthcoming on this subject by Turn 10.

Full list of supported wheels for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 can be seen below:
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300RS
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Check out the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 sub forums here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions regarding these sims.

Are you happy to see wheel support finally added to Apex? Will this update tempt you to try the sim if you haven't already? Tried the update yet, does wheel support improve the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
i was actually excited for this. Until i actually tried to play it lol. Seems it doesnt support having the clubsport pedals with the thrustmaster wheel.. o well

edit: just read the op again and it clearly says support for the csp pedals will come later.

i was actually excited for this. Until i actually tried to play it lol. Seems it doesnt support having the clubsport pedals with the thrustmaster wheel.. o well

edit: just read the op again and it clearly says support for the csp pedals will come later.

Support for the Fanatec wheel will come later, but rumors are that they will only support one peripheral. So unless your pedals / shifters are connected to the wheelbase, don't expect them to work. (like in Sebastien Loeb rally)

I haven't tried it yet, but I assume that means my Fanatec Elite CSR pedals won't be supported yet either? I have a T300 wheel base, so plug the pedals directly into my PC via USB.

Can anyone tell, if some of the updates added FOV settings? While wheel support is great addition, one I have been waiting for, I can't imagine playing it with default FOV, though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%