FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 to Headline Project Scorpio Release Catalogue

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsort 7.jpg

It has been confirmed that the next Forza Motorsport game will be a headline release title for Microsoft's next generation "Project Scorpio" gaming machine.

With Turn 10 having dominated the console racing marketplace for a number of years now, recently revealing the franchise has amassed an incredible $1 billion in retail sales with over 14 million unique users accessing the game to make it the most successful motorsports racing game franchise of all time, Microsoft have recently revealed the latest edition of the series will receive the distinction of becoming a "headline title" for Project Scorpio (the working title of Microsoft's Xbox One replacing console), due to be announced "in the next few weeks".

The new game looks set to continue Forza's tradition of stunning graphics, with Windows Central having confirmed the game already "looks utterly stunning, and will showcase just what the console is capable of". Project Scorpio and Forza 7 are due to run in true 4k resolution, utilising Project Scorpio's six-teraflops (TF), True-4K capabilities in a way that is designed to draw in yet more fans of the series and those interested in first class graphics. Alongside Forza Motorsport 7, it has been confirmed that Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 will also feature heavily in the new consoles' launch package of games.

Unfortunately very little is still known about what exactly Forza Motorsport 7 will include come launch day, however with confirmation now received that the game will feature as part of release day content for Scorpio (rumoured to be released "during the holiday season of 2017" - that's Christmas for us Europeans), we at least now know development is well underway with the game and a 2017 release is highly likely.

Although not yet official confirmed, it is considered exceptionally likely that both PC and Xbox One owners will be receiving a release around the same sort of time as the game comes to Project Scorpio, meaning Forza 7 will be the first fully fledged Forza game available on Windows PC, a daunting proposition for the developers as they go into direct competition with formidable opponents in the form of Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, rFactor 2, RaceRoom Racing Experience and Automobilista amongst other top quality racing games.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news on Forza 7 as and when it becomes available...

Forza Motorsport 7 will be the latest release of the Forza Motorsport racing franchise and is expected to release towards the end of 2017 for Xbox One, Project Scorpio and Windows 10 PC.

If you want to hang loose with your fellow Forza Motorsport fans and catch all the latest news about the upcoming release, then head over to our Forza Motorsport Series sub forum, where we cover all the games from Forza 4 all the way through to the latest addition to the series. Come on over, get involved and join in the conversation today!

Looking forward to trying Forza 7? Do you think Turn 10 can crack the racing market on PC and console? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Since one of the users stole my work, I'm releasing full documentation on how to add single usb devices for UWP games (including both Forza titles) post Creator's update. If you have a basic understanding of Windows registry, you can add your wheel yourself. I will release a tool that does this automatically and I will also release a vJoy based solution for multi-device scenarios, but it will take time. Here is the link to guide: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cw01kohbfyk9hfs/Windows.Gamin.Input.Documentation.txt

And here is the link to support chat, if you have any questions: https://discord.gg/8vC2zvz

Forza 7 for the new Scorpio will at least mean they have to make it work properly but the consul gamers demands and those of most PC gamers (more specifically SIM racers) are quite different.

I suspect this means they won't release simultaneously on PC but the faint possibility is with this Windows 10 BS the play on any device thing might mean they are forced too.

Trouble is it will be optimised for a consul so will probably seem a poor port when run on a PC rather than those made for PC and then produced for consul.

Won't be high on my Christmas list but then again never really understood why a consul game written on a PC is so dumbed down when actually played on one.

Not 100% sure but didn't they (Microsoft) say last year that PC/Console titles would share same release dates. We should expect they will have it working with various wheels, lets see but some may need later fixes/patches or support added later. I fully expect to see Fanatec showing off a new wheel with this title at E3 and maybe with "unique feature" or something snazzy.

Always like E3 when a new Forza and wheel is expected....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back