FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 Addresses Community Concerns

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7 Update 2.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have received quite a bit of flack since releasing Forza Motorsport 7 into early access last week, however the criticism has not gone unnoticed by the developers....

With issues around PC stability and problems with the VIP perks having caused plenty of discussion amongst the gaming community, unlike many other racing developers Turn 10 appear to be acting quickly to address those concerns, putting in place fixes for the game and even offering players compensation in the form of access to exclusive cars and additional in game credits, all in an effort to retain the good will of a community that is part of a very competitive racing game marketplace at present.

Addressing fans directly, Turn 10 have released the below "letter to the community" to explain the current position of the developers:

Since Forza Motorsport 7 launched into early access last week, everyone here at Turn 10 has been keeping a close eye on our players’ feedback. The most important thing to us is to maintain open communication with the Forza Community. We’ve heard what you have had to say and, starting today, you can expect some significant changes.

VIP and Ultimate
Over the weekend we heard loud and clear from Ultimate Edition owners expressing frustration over the VIP membership offer in Forza Motorsport 7. We immediately updated the VIP description in the Windows Store to alleviate any future confusion. As head of the studio, I apologize for any confusion or frustration our players may have experienced.

Going forward, we will continue to ensure that Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs receive the most value for their VIP membership, including new experiences and great content. Starting today we’re sending all Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs four additional Forza Edition cars:
  • 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Forza Edition
  • 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Forza Edition
  • 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition
  • 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition
Forza 7 VIPs will be able to download all these cars from the in-game message center and add them to their car collection. Players will not only enjoy an immediate bump to their Car Collection score after adding these Tier 5 Legendary cars to their garages, they’ll also be able to take advantage of the inherent perks that each of these Forza Edition cars offer. In addition to the cars, we’re also sending all Forza 7 VIPs 1 million credits.

Secondly, and even more significantly, we will be changing VIP rewards in Forza Motorsport 7. This new system will work like it did in Forza Motorsport 6, offering a 2X base credit bonus after every race. We’ve already started work on this feature and we will release it as soon as possible. Look for more information on this update as we near the release date.

PC Stability and Performance
Since the launch of Forza Motorsport 7 on Windows 10 PCs, I’ve been delighted to see so many players enjoying the Windows 10 version on a huge variety of PC hardware configurations. We’ve enjoyed seeing feedback from fans who are praising how Forza 7 plays on their personal PCs. That said, we are aware of stability and performance issues that some PC players are facing. The team is working around the clock to report, investigate, and resolve these issues as quickly as possible. In fact, our first update for the game went live yesterday (see below), addressing several PC stability and performance issues. The quality of the PC experience will continue to be a top priority.

If you are experiencing a technical issue with Forza Motorsport 7, please let us know, either in our Technical Support forums here on the site, via Twitter, or by sending us an e-mail at forzafb@microsoft.com.

From everyone here at Turn 10, I’d like to personally thank you all for playing Forza Motorsport 7. We’re glad you’re here. Your passion for racing and Forza inspires and drives us every day.

Sincerely,

Alan

Update 03/10/2017 Details
  • Fixed numerous livery-related issues, including some liveries applying as paint colors only, liveries not appearing in multiplayer, and game lock-ups when cancelling liveries.
  • Fixed an issue where vinyls would not appear in the vinyl editor for players who were creating vinyl groups with HDR enabled.
  • Arabic text is no longer reversed in game menus
  • Default profile slider settings for wheel users are no longer maxed out
  • Benchmark mode on PC now displays the correct minimum FPS
  • Framerate now improved in loading with G-Sync enabled

Forza Motorsport 7 is the very first fully fledged Forza racing title to be released on both the traditional Xbox platform and Windows 10 PC, and as such the game may well suffer from a few initial teething troubles as the developers continue to get used to the new platform. With both the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon games continuing to suffer from a few minor difficulties even now, it will be a very big ask indeed for Turn 10 to overcome the might of Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2 and even the upcoming GT Sport in its attempts to gain the top position in the console and PC racing game wars.

Forza Motorsport 7 is available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

Forza Motorsport 7 Update 3.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 Update.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 Update 4.jpg

Check out the new Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions about this exciting new title. Join in with the community, catch up on the news and have yourself an exciting time with the game and community!

What are your first impressions of Forza Motorsport 7? Which platform, PC or Xbox One, are you playing the game on? Let us know your thoughts and opinions below!

Last edited:
Ya know what would have addressed my concerns before this even became an issue? Having not implemented the VIP system in the first place.

Why, as a consumer, would I ever want to pay an extra 20 bucks just to have in game xp or credits be doubled after a race when race rewards should be balanced from the get-go? How about instead of gimping the user experience, race rewards are decent so you arent forced into paying 20 bucks if you dont want to grind.

Novel concept, Im sure.

Because it works , people want to buy the VIP pack and MS/Turn 10 like the money. Also it's not like they have just invented this is it ?

"Forza Motorsport 7 is the very first fully fledged Forza racing title to be released on both the traditional Xbox platform and Windows 10 PC"
Not that I would been a potential buyer in the first place but the last few words are
an immediate turn off!
:poop:

Ya know what would have addressed my concerns before this even became an issue? Having not implemented the VIP system in the first place.

Why, as a consumer, would I ever want to pay an extra 20 bucks just to have in game xp or credits be doubled after a race when race rewards should be balanced from the get-go? How about instead of gimping the user experience, race rewards are decent so you arent forced into paying 20 bucks if you dont want to grind.

Novel concept, Im sure.

I cant speak for others but the reason I purchased Edition Ultimate was to get the 6 month DLC stuff but primarily having the game a few days early was tempting.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. It's a great break from iRacing when I just want to lap at cool tracks and stare at eye candy!

Only wish is that I could get borderless windowed mode working. With the UWP apps I haven't found a way to do it with my unique custom resolution (6270x2160)

I'll probably buy this game simply because I have owned every title since it came out. The car customization and tuning alone are enough for me. I spend 80% of my time anyway making liveries. I wish they'd just release a 'Forza 7 Creators Edition' for let's say $29.99. That is basically getting a version that gives us access to all cars to paint them and add cosmetic upgrades only (no racing or anything, just creation). I wonder if the PC version get's skin templates or do we have to use the in-game editor?

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. It's a great break from iRacing when I just want to lap at cool tracks and stare at eye candy!

Only wish is that I could get borderless windowed mode working. With the UWP apps I haven't found a way to do it with my unique custom resolution (6270x2160)

Are you running your Windows desktop at this resolution? If so, chose "Native Windows Resolution". I'm running FM7 at 5870x1080.

Hallo
Did anyone know if Forza 7 PC get Ultra Wide Monitor Resolution,can't
set it in the Grafic Options to 3440x1440.Thank you

See above, FM7 can run at your Windows resolution.

Are you running your Windows desktop at this resolution? If so, chose "Native Windows Resolution". I'm running FM7 at 5870x1080.

See above, FM7 can run at your Windows resolution.

That's the tricky part. I'm using a Portrait / Landcape / Portrait layout with my monitors. 27" 4K sides, 50" 4K center.

6270x2160 is a custom resolution in Nvidia Control Panel but isn't available in FM7. If nVSurround supported PLP arrangements, everything would be golden, but I know of no methods for making one seamless display from the 3 monitors without nVSurround.

I can say this Game is top,it runs on my System GTX 980 ti so smoth
with the most Grafics Options at Ultra,it looks only wonderful and
with some optimized here and there it would give one of the best
Racing Games we have.I am not a Forza Fanboy i played also
RRE 3,Assetto Corsa,PC 2,Automobilista.Every Game has his
own Note.I like all of them and can say they are all fantastic

too little too late. I understand that this is a simcade title. but it feels as though the physics have take a step back. you cant drive the cars hard, you always need to be a little bit delicate with the throttle AND the brakes.

goodbye forza.

thankfully Im not on the forums, so I wont get banned for this post.

• Deleted member 197115

too little too late. I understand that this is a simcade title. but it feels as though the physics have take a step back. you cant drive the cars hard, you always need to be a little bit delicate with the throttle AND the brakes.

goodbye forza.

thankfully Im not on the forums, so I wont get banned for this post.

Isn't that step forward?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing