FM6 Forza Motorsport 6 Updated - eSports Focus

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 6 Update.jpg

Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft have deployed a new patch for the Xbox One Forza Motorsport 6 title, spotlighting the upcoming focus towards eSports competition within the game.

In the latest update, Turn 10 have released their 'broadcast ticker' functionality. Essentially the ticker allows players viewing online events to toggle a ticker that gives up-to-the-moment positional data for all players in the race. If a position change takes place, the ticker will track the move and also now displays each players Gamertag and positional information above their cars during an event. Designed as a spectator aid to better track progress of players online, the new free update is available on all multiplayer races with immediate effect.

From the official announcement:

"Starting today all players can take advantage of this free update by enabling the broadcast ticker when spectating races in Forza Motorsport 6. While this update is focused primarily on the viewing experience, in the coming months, we’ll be adding additional features to make competitive multiplayer even better. We believe features like this are crucial to Forza Motorsport 6 and the ForzaRC".

Forza Motorsport 6 Update 2.jpg

Forza Motorsport 6 is available for Xbox One right now.

Check out the RaceDepartment Forza Motorsport 6 sub forum to take part in our great Forza community. Catch all the latest news and see what's new and exciting in the world of the Forza series of games.

Have you tried the new Forza update? What do you think of the shift towards a more eSports orientated focus? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
is still fail to understand why they havent bought it to pc, there is clearly a market for it and unlike horizon 3 the apex edition ran fantastically.
I'm guessing Turn 10 had their hands full with Horizon 3 so instead of porting Motorsport 6 fully to PC MSFT decided to just sell DLC for the Apex demo.

But also, Apex didn't run well for everyone at all and the same thing just repeated itself with Horizon 3.

Because Turn 10 knows that they will sure get a LOT more moaning and whining and complaints and bashing and trolling if they choose to face the PC sim racers, and it will make the programmers, the modelling guys, the marketing guys, the customer service guys, the audio engineers, and many other guys on the dev team constantly annoyed and unhappy.

Apex ran like crap on my machine and I have no trouble running any other sim out there at 60+ FPS.

Yas Marina just caused my hard drive to read uncontrollably during the race and the performance was just a garbled mess of skipped frames and hangups.

I also find it hilarious that they're trying to push this towards eSports when my only experiences in F6 online racing was being run over before EVERY first turn... ALL... THE.. TIME.

Apex ran like crap on my machine and I have no trouble running any other sim out there at 60+ FPS.

Yas Marina just caused my hard drive to read uncontrollably during the race and the performance was just a garbled mess of skipped frames and hangups.

I also find it hilarious that they're trying to push this towards eSports when my only experiences in F6 online racing was being run over before EVERY first turn... ALL... THE.. TIME.
i wasnt aware that so many people had problems, maybe it wasnt as wide spread in terms of pitchforks because it was free but they do seriously do need to do something about the rule breakers, there is an array of potential tools to use so its a bit silly that a AAA company cant remedy it

Apex's frame-pacing issues got a lot better with the September patch, but it's still hardware demanding in uncommon areas. I had a very old Core i7 @3.4GHz with 8GB RAM and Apex ran constantly above 60fps according to the ingame fps-counter (medium settings 1080p), but it was stuttering like crazy because of bad framepacing. Now - with the same graphics card (GTX 970) but 4GB RAM more and a new 4GHz Core i7, it runs perfect.
Because it's build to run on 8GB unified memory, it's very RAM and vRAM hungry - don't know why it needs a fast CPU though.

FM7 will be on PC or Phil Spencer lied half a year ago, when he said that from now on all first party XB1 games will be on PC too.

About that eSport focus:
I don't think the best racers out there will take this game serious. Formula E chose rFactor and Porsche chose Assetto Corsa. If your game doesn't attract the best players/racers out there to take the game on as their main game, I would rather put money into making my game into something that attracts them on its own, than to put money into eSport promotions prematurely.

Apex's frame-pacing issues got a lot better with the September patch, but it's still hardware demanding in uncommon areas. I had a very old Core i7 @3.4GHz with 8GB RAM and Apex ran constantly above 60fps according to the ingame fps-counter (medium settings 1080p), but it was stuttering like crazy because of bad framepacing. Now - with the same graphics card (GTX 970) but 4GB RAM more and a new 4GHz Core i7, it runs perfect.
Because it's build to run on 8GB unified memory, it's very RAM and vRAM hungry - don't know why it needs a fast CPU though.

FM7 will be on PC or Phil Spencer lied half a year ago, when he said that from now on all first party XB1 games will be on PC too.

About that eSport focus:
I don't think the best racers out there will take this game serious. Formula E chose rFactor and Porsche chose Assetto Corsa. If your game doesn't attract the best players/racers out there to take the game on as their main game, I would rather put money into making my game into something that attracts them on its own, than to put money into eSport promotions prematurely.
the cpu heavy nature is likely because of the decryption they have to use because its very heavy encryption so a lo of cycles are required to even be able to call objects into the game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%