FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - New 'Making of' Video

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In the build up to Forza Motorsport 6: Apex making its PC debut in 2016 Windows have released a nice behind the scenes preview video with developers Turn 10 Studios showing some interesting footage from the team as they bring the mega successful Forza franchise to PC for the first time.

Known as arguably the premium racing title for Microsoft's flagship gaming console earlier this year Turn 10 Studios confirmed the intention to dip their toe into the PC gaming marketplace with plans to release a slimed down version of the title free to users of the Windows 10 platform.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is due to feature 63 cars and 6 circuits across 20 variations in what many consider more a glorified tech demo as the studio find its way in the PC racing scene.

Perhaps the most interesting piece of information is the confirmation from Dan Greenawalt during the video that all future Forza releases will be available on both Xbox and Windows 10, confirming an item previous considered a given but not officially stated by the studio.

Forza Motorsport has been a huge success story on Xbox and the move to join the PC racing ranks is a brave one by the American developers. With many 'hard core' sims available for users to purchase it is yet to be seen how appealing the more arcade orientated Forza series of games will be to the PC racing masses. Whatever side of the Sim/Arcade fence you sit it is still positive news to see another big budget proven studio bringing content to the PC marketplace.

With a release date slated for spring time Turn 10 and Windows are slowly ramping up publicity around the game as we racers wait with baited breath to see how the title fairs on PC racing machines.

The new behind the scenes video is an interesting watch and despite the fairly obvious promotion of the merits of the Windows 10 Universal Platform and should provide some brief entertainment for those looking forward to the new release.

Check out our RaceDepartment Forza Motorsport Forum for all the latest news and discussion around the racing franchise.

Are you excited about the debut of Forza on PC? Do you think it will be a contender in the hyper competitive PC racing game marketplace? Let us know in the comments below!

I started an interest based post on the Steam Project Cars forum on FMS6 Apex. I got some discussion and information about wheel support in future updates and or releases etc. However for some reason the post was removed. Anyway it's great to see more variety in racing games, simulators or anything to do with our hobby. How cool is that low profile tyre the programmer in the YouTube clip is sitting on?

Tr3voRR, I tried your links, none of them show anything. Searched this Dans twitter feed and found one entry on wheels and was about lambos. Mind just giving us a quoute?

That's weird the link doesn't work :/ This is what he wrote after a bunch of people asking about the wheel support on apex : @erret84 I agree. Wheel support will come to Apex. Building Apex helps make UWP the best it can be for game developers and racing fans alike

1) "I love driving in this game with my steering wheel" - said no PC gamer sim racer ever
2) XBox One is dying (PS4.5 + VR)
3) UWP sucks, just like GFWL and will hurt these games sales (does ANYONE played or even remember Halo 2 on PC for Win Vista only? Point proven)
4) Microsoft is desperate and making WRONG moves and decisions
5) Steam or die (also steering wheel support).

and read the youtube comments on this video. everyone is more excited about Forza Horizon 3 or Forza 7 on PC than with this eunuch version of Forza 6.

Yeah, hard to get hyped for sure. But for all the wrong ways they're going about it I am happy that the PC's are finally getting this type of game going forward. Sometimes their thread mill drive -> upgrade -> buy new -> drive etc is relaxing.

I really hope that between Apex and Forza whatever Microsoft realizes that you can't storefront lock PCs, if we wanted closed systems we'd be runnings Macs. :p

1) "I love driving in this game with my steering wheel" - said no PC gamer sim racer ever
2) XBox One is dying (PS4.5 + VR)
3) UWP sucks, just like GFWL and will hurt these games sales (does ANYONE played or even remember Halo 2 on PC for Win Vista only? Point proven)
4) Microsoft is desperate and making WRONG moves and decisions
5) Steam or die (also steering wheel support).

and read the youtube comments on this video. everyone is more excited about Forza Horizon 3 or Forza 7 on PC than with this eunuch version of Forza 6.

... Forza 6 apex is a feet in the water, it's basically to test out the game. You seem to forget out the equation that it's FREE ! uwp doesn't suck, I got the new gears of war on it and it works great. Time make stuff better, being an angry person is useless ! it's better to stay positive and supportive !

Cheers man.

No problem, you're welcome. The game is also free, so nobody should really complain... it would be better to give them positive feedback and constructive criticism for them to make it better and make Forza horizon 3 and forza 7 much better when it comes to PC. To me the wheel support was a no brainer that they would implement it.

Think we're all aware that Apex will be free and is Turn10 dipping their feet in the pool as it were. That's why we're vocal about wanting the game outside of UWP and with wheel support. Because Forza 7, or heck to an extent even Apex could be great, but it won't be with one arm tied behind it's back, lacking support for our expensive toys.

Without wheel support and hidden in the App store it doesn't matter that Apex is free, it'll make less rings in the water then the latest Loeb game.

... Forza 6 apex is a feet in the water, it's basically to test out the game. You seem to forget out the equation that it's FREE ! uwp doesn't suck, I got the new gears of war on it and it works great. Time make stuff better, being an angry person is useless ! it's better to stay positive and supportive !
sorry, not being angry, just realistic.

gears of wars ue was a terrible release AFAIK. they're still patching it.

microsoft never cared about pc gaming and they're doing it now because they are losing ground on console wars.

and UWP goes against PC being an open platform for games and what it does is basically turning your PC into a closed xbox clone more or less. so... yeah, it's not cool it won't work on the developers side. why pay for UWP when you can release your game on Steam, GOG, whatever, and get better visibility and bigger player base.

also, I'd rather pay for a full version of Forza 6 than get this Forza 6 Apex for free with the meat features gone.

worst way to test water

Without wheel support and hidden in the App store it doesn't matter that Apex is free, it'll make less rings in the water then the latest Loeb game.
^^^ this

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back