FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta Available Now

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Open Beta Launch.jpg

Yesterday the hugely successful Forza Motorsport series made its tentative debut on Windows PC with the beta release of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - available for owners of the Windows 10 platform.

As has been discussed in great detail already, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is a heavily paired down version of the most recent Forza title. Aimed as something of a tech demo soft launch before Turn 10 Studios release full bloodied editions with future Forza games, Apex will be an interesting experiment as the studio turn their hand to the Windows 10 platform.

Releasing as a free to play game exclusively for Windows 10 PCs, the game still boasts a reasonable 60 cars to play on 6 racing locations.

Turn 10 have already confirmed the title will receive regular updates and additional functionality as the launch version will be missing some surprising features such as wheel support and online multiplayer. Despite shipping without these highly desirable features it should still be an interesting experience for gamers used to the more simulation orientated end of the racing game marketplace.

At a substantial 18.6GB and available now in the Windows Store, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is ready for all you virtual racers to download and see for yourself how the game compares to its new PC rivals.

Features
A CURATED FORZA EXPERIENCE ON WINDOWS 10
  • Experience the world of Forza on Windows 10 PCs for free, with many of the best racing experiences that “Forza Motorsport 6” has to offer, as well as Forza’s trademark innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars – each with working cockpits and full damage.
  • Discover new ways to play and compete, including an all-new Showcase Tour, Spotlight Series, in-race bonus objectives and an all-new scoring mechanic.
  • Race a diverse selection of more than 60 Forzavista™ cars curated from fan favorites, reflecting a variety of automotive interests, including hot hatch, muscle, touring, exotics, GT racing, track toys, prototypes and hypercars.
  • Compete on six tracks based on world-famous tracks, featuring immersive wet-weather and night racing conditions.

A GRAPHICS POWERHOUSE
  • Face unrelenting action at simulation speed with, DirectX 12, the new standard for 3D graphics that enables players to experience gains in performance and overall optimization.
  • Unlock the full capabilities of your PC with full HD and breathtaking graphics at up to 4K resolution, powered by ForzaTech™, Turn 10 Studios’ proprietary, state-of-the-art graphics and physics engine, and developed with DirectX 12.
  • Delight in the stunning realism and precise detail of every car as the result of the ForzaTech™ engine, bringing the unique aspects that give each car its own unique feel to life.
FORZA’S DEBUT ON PC
  • Take advantage of a number of Windows 10 features, including the ability to access your existing friends and achievements list, text and voice chat via Xbox Live, and record and share your favorite moments and clips with built-in Game DVR. • Build your Gamerscore up to 1,000 points by earning achievements exclusive to Forza players on Windows 10 PCs.
  • Customize your player experience on Windows 10 PCs with support for mouse, keyboard and a variety of gamepads

System Requirements
Minimum

Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7 Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740/Radeon R7 250X
HD Space: 30 GB
RAM: 8 GB
VRAM: 2GB
DirectX: DirectX 12
Suggested Input: Xbox One Controller

Recommended (60fps at 1080P)

Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 @3.6 Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 970 / Radeon R9 290X
HD Space: 30 GB
RAM: 12 GB
VRAM: 4 GB

Ideal (60fps at 4K)

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4 Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti / Radeon Fury X
HD Space: SSD + 30 GB
RAM: 16 GB
VRAM: 6+ GB

Check out our RaceDepartment Forza Motorsport Forum for all the latest news and discussion regarding the racing franchise.

Don't forget to have a look and leave a comment at our Forza Motorsport 6: Apex forum for discussions around the open beta phase of the game. RaceDepartment will be keeping an eye out on this title and ask you, the community, to contribute with your opinions and experiences as this game reaches full release.

What do you think of the new Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta on PC? How doe's it play so far? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Full car list:
  • 2013 Abarth Punto Supersport
  • 2013 Ariel Atom 500 V8
  • 2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
  • 2010 Aston Martin One-77
  • 2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
  • 2015 Audi TTS Coupe
  • 2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro
  • 2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS Ultra
  • 2014 Audi #67 Rotek Racing S3 Saloon
  • 2013 Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro
  • 2011 Audi #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI
  • 2014 Bentley #7 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3
  • 2014 BMW #55 BMW Team RLL Z4 GTE
  • 2014 BMW #5 Ebay Motors 125i M Sport
  • 2014 BMW M235i
  • 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
  • 2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Z06
  • 2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
  • 1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
  • 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
  • 2014 Ferrari #51 AF Corse 458 Italia GTE
  • 2014 Ferrari California T
  • 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
  • 2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale
  • 2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
  • 2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
  • 2017 Ford GT
  • 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
  • 2013 Ford Focus ST
  • 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
  • 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
  • 2014 Honda #2 Castrol Honda Civic WTCC
  • 2014 Honda #5 Zengo Motorsport Civic WTCC
  • 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
  • 2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4
  • 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
  • 2010 Lexus LFA
  • 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
  • 2014 McLaren #60 Bhaitech 12C GT3
  • 2013 McLaren P1
  • 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S
  • 2014 Mercedes-Benz #33 WIX Racing A-Class
  • 2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3
  • 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
  • 2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
  • 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
  • 2015 Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO
  • 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (R35)
  • 2010 Nissan 370Z
  • 2012 Pagani Huayra
  • 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
  • 2011 Peugeot #10 Matmut-Oreca 908
  • 2009 Peugeot #9 Peugeot Sport Total 908
  • 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
  • 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
  • 2015 Subaru WRX STI
  • 2014 Toyota #80 Speedworks Motorsport Avensis
  • 2014 Volkswagen Golf R (Mk7)
  • 2014 Volvo #1 Volvo Polestar Racing S60 STCC

Is it me or this game is quite boring? Physics barely changes from car to car. They all drift everywhere and feel weightless. They are more or less like Auto Club Revolution - if anyone remember it.

Might be the pad experience. I dunno. It does look great though. Sounds even better. And the presentation sure is beautiful and exceptionally well done. That's the best I can say about the game so far.

Well, I have installed it..... via Win 10 Store. All good so far. But: I cannot start the game. When it says: Press A to start, a window opens ( grey ) and after 2 sec. .....Press A to start....a never ending story...lol... deinstalled it again. When someone has a hint how to fix it, please pm me.
Cheers
Andrew
( Firing up AMS now......don't need to PRESS F+++++ng *A* Rofl ;) )

Well, I have installed it..... via Win 10 Store. All good so far. But: I cannot start the game. When it says: Press A to start, a window opens ( grey ) and after 2 sec. .....Press A to start....a never ending story...lol... deinstalled it again. When someone has a hint how to fix it, please pm me.
Cheers
Andrew
( Firing up AMS now......don't need to PRESS F+++++ng *A* Rofl ;) )

Nvidia or AMD? Latest Nvidia drivers just released a few days ago?

Is it me or this game is quite boring? Physics barely changes from car to car. They all drift everywhere and feel weightless. They are more or less like Auto Club Revolution - if anyone remember it.

Might be the pad experience. I dunno. It does look great though. Sounds even better. And the presentation sure is beautiful and exceptionally well done. That's the best I can say about the game so far.

Can't say if its just you, others might agree, many others will disagree, me being one of them. All cars feel quite different.

pretty much agreed with all of this. as someone whos been intrigued by forza for a long time im admittedly disappointed in the driving experience. probably wouldve been less so if there wasnt (in my mind??) an argument that this is a sim, or something close to it...as far as i can tel its got slightly more depth than grid autosport and less than the codies F1 series.

that said -- its probably pretty difficult to tell with a pad. and compared to project cars, which i tried after....my god, the experience with a gamepad is on another planet. i dont know what SMS was thinking & i hope kunos learns from forza for their console release.

something i knew about before, but experienced for the first time....the cockpit view is just insane...fantastic that they have the simulated cockpits, but its astonishing to me its gone this long without letting the user simply narrow the FOV. literally 2/3 or more of the screen is occupied by the dashboard etc. im a few feet away from a 42 inch tv & squinting. i just have no idea what theyre thinking here. im pretty confident, if it wasnt going to happen already, the transition to PC means change for the better is imminent here.

but i love the presentation -- forzavista alone, with perhaps a bit more content included & a packed library of cars, would be worth a decent chunk of money to me. really fun feature...wish there was an option to buy tracks, they seem very well done. all in all about what i realistically expected, so im mainly happy its finally making its way to PC. and its a huge relief to see a high production windows store, dx12 game that, even with the beta tag, doesnt seem to have any massive issues.

a broken load cell & plenty of satisfaction w/ other gaming have left me without a wheel for some months now, but i am curious to try it when thats available. not at all optimistic itll be a gamechanger...all in all though, definitely the positive development for PC gamers/racers id hoped it would be.

@Blkout @Thomas Cameron
Thank you mates. :) All good now. For some reason the xbox-Services have been set to *disabled* in the Admin-Services console. I have set those services now to* Start automaticly*. And voila: The game starts after pressing *A* .
Cheers
Andrew ;)

Great news then Andrew. Enjoy it. I just finished the entire campaign mode and the two events that were available after you complete the campaign mode. There's really nothing in Apex that I haven't already accomplished in FM6 on the Xbox One but it was fun playing through it again on the PC. The Apex version of FM6 is really cut down in content compared to FM6 on Xbox One, but I still enjoyed it and look forward to the future of the franchise on PC. Some of those events are VERY tough even on lower AI difficulties. There's enough challenge there for even the best sim racers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back