FM4 Forza Motorsport 4, Wishlists for features and cars!

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
And if you don't know the subject of this thread, i'm worried! ;) So What do you want in terms of content for Forza 4?

For me, as long as they have Tsukuba circuit and a quattro, i'll be fine!

Motorcycles,formula cars and a 50mi. public road loop that is fun and scenic for all those sport cars(Maple valley is a track,and Kaido is up,up then down,down ext. but good. I want a 50mi. loop with service stations(pits),deep forest,highway,modern city,rugged desert and tropical jungle sections.

Logitech wheel support. I know it's optimistic, but that's the biggest problem I have with Forza 3. I spent £150 on a G25 and I can't play Forza with it properly.

I guess a PC port would be perfect. No subscription for online multiplayer, and Logitech love. Ah, I guess a man can dream...

Actually, I've just thought of something a bit more realistic; more specific racing classes. I don't mean the F-R1 thing they have right now. I mean GT2, GT1, GT500, GT300, S2000, etc. So you could modify road cars for racing, sticking to the class's rules and specifications, and then race them. It'd give more meaning to upgrading and tuning cars, and the restrictions would make more sense than the current "you can't race here if your car is too good" system.

Live weather (as seen on MS Flight Simulator.....2004!) as well as variable weather and time of day both live and user input. And for God's sake, some Rally courses. GT has been doing that since 1998 when I fist picked up a PS One pad to play it.

INFINEON RACEWAY and WILLOW SPRINGS (aka Big Willow) and both DEALS GAP and MULLHOLAND DR, LA California

I'd love to see my real life car make it in game, 2012 Ford Focus S. We need more normal cars!!!

As far as dream cars go:

• '12 Ferrari F458 Italia Challenge
  • '12 Ferrari F458 Italia GT1 (FiA, LM)
  • '12 Ford Focus ST
  • '12 Ford Mustang BOSS 302
  • '12 Ford Mustang BOSS 302R
  • '12 Ford Focus ST 'Team Aon' (WTCC)
  • '12 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Challenge
  • '11 Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 'Reiter Engineering'
  • '11Lamborghini Gallardo RG3 'JLOC Rire Racing' (Super Autobacs)

Alex Ball is spot on.

I'd rather FM4 feature 20 new tracks than 200 new cars. The current total of 500 cars is more than ample for the majority of gamers. Playing the numbers game with GT5 is purile.

Further, there is little point in featuring cars from the ALMS, V8 Supercar and DTM series when there are a few or no tracks at all from each series to race on. I find it bemusing that TOCA 3 featured all the tracks from DTM, V8 Supercar (and BTCC) yet the FM series never has.

Apologies if this post is a little negative in tone. FM could be something very special if it contained all (or the vast majroity of) the tracks for the series it has licences for.

Cheers.

For me the biggest fear with fm4 is that the actual racing game is just not good enough and the whole experience is kind of ruined by exaggarating everything in shift style. The biggest things I want to see is very little or none at all view bobbing. At least in the bumper cam like in GT5. In gt5 the cockpit view and its bobbing and movement is just way overdone and unrealistic plus laggy too. Fm3 was hard to drive because of their exaggarated view movement too so this may be a dealbreaker for me. Of course the steering assists must be possible to turn off completely unlike in fm3...

Also configurable controls would be big plus so I can set up my wheel like I want.

I consider gt5 quite an unfinished game which has really strange decisions on some areas of the game. But still driving it is very fun. The whole driving experience is kind of exactly what a good arcade racer should be imho. I hope fm4 can offer that kind of experience too. With more races, better car selection. The car football and stuff like that sounds good too but I hope I still can do multiple lap races on nordschleife against decent ai. Gt5 has good nordschleife and it is fun to the drive but the ai is plain useless.

Also it would be great if I could use my wheel to control the car and then also use the xbox controller to move around the menus like I can do on ps3. The fanatec buttons are just totally suck and give me wrist pains if I try to use it for the menus. Exiting game to change from wheel to controller isn't really practical...

Anyways my biggest fear is that fm4 is made to compete with shift 2 instead of gt5. I'm not a fan of shift type of pure arcade games with totally made up physics. Gt5 has just the right driving feel and I hope fm4 tries to better than instead of going all out to create their own driving style like shift 2.

I'll probably wait and see how the fm4 turns out. If it looks like suck I'll just sell my xbox and games...

I want to see more layers used in the editor and the ability to combine shapes or subtract shapes. And solid color manufacturer decals for once!

Cars:

2012: Ferrari F458 Challenge
2012: BOSS 302R
2012: Jetta TDi Cup
2012: KTM X-Bow 'R'

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back