FM4 Forza Motorsport 4 demo

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Played it a little last night, one thing I notice right away is that now there's settings for steering. Can be assisted-normal-simulation. I put it to sim and was in the 458 and was just plowing into walls from understeer. Much different from FM3. The graphics are better, not much but it looks more polished. And the car exhaust notes are awesome, especially the Zonda. And the tire sounds are improved, they don't just screech at every turn, youcan hear them scrubbing and when they lose all grip they screech. The physics are different too, when the car gets twitchy in the rear it started losing it, and you can kinda feel the weight shifting much like in F12011.

I was pleasantly suprised by the demo, had real fun last night thrashing it around the Swiss track in all the different cars on offer. The handling physics seem good and now i can actually us my MS wheel without it feeling all wrong (as it did in F3) All the cars seemed good to drive, the M3 with its tail hanging out around every corner and the Zonda that felt nicely planted if not pushed to hard into the corners (to avoid understeer)

From what ive seen so far am giving it a 8-9/10. Buying the game for sure.

The demo seems to be a hit with the fans in general, gutted becasue I sold my xbox a few weeks back and built a gaming pc instead. I put hundreds of hours into Forza 2and 3 . . oh well . . . waits for rFactor2 lol

Hi Peter, you have to connect your XBOX to the Internet. Then you are automatically connected with XBOX Live. On the XBOX Live Marketplace you can download the demo for free. But if you are not a XBOX Live GOLD member (i think so cause you dont know how to download a demo ;-) :-D) you have to wait until friday. Then the demo is also available for SILVER members ,like me :-(
Greetz

Looks ok to me, havnt been on the xbox for a while, still had Race pro in it, Every year it gets better, only had a bash with a controller. Will get out my wheel later, see how it goes, i do love the motec telemetry they have as a overlay (pc devs take note). If it came out on the pc would i buy it, YES i think i would with all it has to offer...

The demo is awesome and I totally expect the game to be demon. The graphics are stunning and the physics have changed quite a bit from FM3. Once the back end starts going, it is very difficult to counter steer and get it back straight. Tuning may be quite different from FM3 ?.The sounds are great aswell.

I can't wait for it to arrive.

Seems pretty strange to me that in the demo you would have a frost bitten track which will be slippy already, when your trying to promote the new trye and handling physics. But i do like the rivels in a demo, very clever..

On the question bout multiple demos- no they are all the same but you get different cars in the Rivals mode that's the change! You get the Zonda and M5 in Rivals. Cougar and Scooby otherwise! I too was confused Rivals is actually very fun but be prepared for LOTS of traffic w/ the M5 and 458 a clear track is only available for the Zonda! Cheers!

Played it last night and man the sound from the ferrari 458 when you put the foot down is awesome. Had all the assist settings off and AI on hard could only manage 3rd place. You can really fell the car getting out of shape when braking heavy, I love it! Also the rival part is really good too, had a go try to beat Dan Smith's time in the Zonda came close but will try again later.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%