Forza Horizon

Included with the $80 Limited Edition version of Forza Horizon is a VIP membership that grants access to additional content. For example, these cars are exclusive to VIP members: the 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder, 2011 Koenigsegg Agera, 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, 2012 Pagani Huayra, and the 2011 RUF Rt 12 R.

However, VIP members also get other benefits as well. A VIP icon will appear next to their Gamertags when playing online, so that everyone else can know they've paid more for the game. There will also be exclusive Rivals Mode events for VIP members.

More here

2012_pagani_huarya_wm_23214.nphd.jpg

Well, I've had a play with the demo today and have to admit to being pleasantly surprised.

Watched Jack's review first off and from what I saw looked worth the effort to try the demo. I was well aware that Forza Horizon was not going to be a sim on the same levels as say a GT5 or Forza4, but you can see/feel the Forza inspired game engine. It's a sort of Forza 4 sim-cade version. Comes with in car cockpit view (unlike say GRID 2) so those that prefer the behind the wheel feel, are catered for.

Gameplay seems to be a mixture of TDU/Midnight Club/Forza/DIRT (probably not a surprise given the collaberation of programmers that make up Playground Games) as the 3 in game challenges on offer in the demo are found by driving to your given destination and then taking on the challenge, much like TDU/Midnight Club. The 3 cars available all have their own handling characteristics, so Forza Horizon hasn't dumbed down the physics to a level where every car feels the same. The Evo handles differently from the Viper and they are both different to the Mustang.

Off road racing was real good fun, running in a pack of AI in one challenge, and with the AI level cranked up to 'Insane' it makes for a helluva battle and the AI seemed to behave really well as far as racing game AI controlled cars go.

The area available in the demo is restricted as many roads have shimmering walls that reset your car if you attempt to drive through, as obviously these will be available in the full game. There appears to be plenty of road/dirt track to get to grips with come the full release. As you drive around you can see the 'Horizon' festival in full swing, but are unable to get to it, lol.

Rivals makes a welcome return and operates in the demo much like it did in Forza 4, giving you the next best time ahead of your own and giving you the chance to go head-to-head with your opponents ghost car in the hope of taking down their time.

Whilst it is not a game to be pitched against the PC oriented sims of iRacing, Assetto Corsa, GSC 2012 and rfactor or even Forza 4 and GT5 on consoles, for me it certainly has its place and makes for a solid, fun alternative from the usual circuit racing and will be an ideal alternative when just looking for some driving fun.

The demo was enough for me to pre-order and whilst it ain't the greatest driving title ever released, it is far from being the worst.

:D

Hi,

So who is buying this and when?
I am going to rent it on the 26th Oct and buy it on the 1st/2nd Nov.

Also what is your Xbox 360 Gamertag if you buying it?
My gamertag is: Crazy BigGaz if you send me a friend request please send me a message or post it here and I send you one.

Once I have my own version (around 1st/2nd I should have it, going to rent before then), I may run some race nights, if it is possible, I presume it will be.

Is anyone interested in this?

Mine's on pre-order Gaz so will be with me by the weekend hopefully.

Also just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 on PC, lol. What a blast. Makes a refreshing change to whizzing around race tracks.

Looking forward to the pick up and play with Forza Horizon, an eclectic mix of all those less stressful sim/cade racers such as TDU, NFS, DIRT etc.

:thumbsup:

Just to update.... mine is now on its way having had email from play.com earlier today to say it has been despatched.

:D

I had it on pre order for months but ended up canceling it after seeing a presentation of the game online from one of the game shows. I didn't think I'd like it plus money was a bit tight but after playing the demo I was quite impressed so I think a purchase is in order today. Might even trade f1 2012 in if there's any good deals knocking about.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%